Why didn’t the Trump lawyer team’s court filing today include the claim that Trump declassified the documents?

So where is the SCOTUS in all this?
SCOTUS is going to help Trump out. This SCOTUS is very skeptical about executive power except when it comes to Trump, then he gets to do whatever he want.

I'm being overly dramatic, but you get the idea.

At the end of the day, the issue isn't going to be whether he could declassify these documents. The issue is going to be whether he actually did. A judge or jury will need to decide if Trump is being truthful in his claim. That is, if the classification issue isn't completely bypassed by the DoJ through other means.

SCOTUS is going to help Trump out. This SCOTUS is very skeptical about executive power except when it comes to Trump, then he gets to do whatever he want.

I'm being overly dramatic, but you get the idea.

At the end of the day, the issue isn't going to be whether he could declassify these documents. The issue is going to be whether he actually did. A judge or jury will need to decide if Trump is being truthful in his claim. That is, if the classification issue isn't completely bypassed by the DoJ through other means.

Well, you're not hurting Trump since you can't document a single thing he did wrong, LOL

Well, you're not hurting Trump since you can't document a single thing he did wrong, LOL
If he wanted the documents declassified, he should have told someone.

Because the government has been treating them like they're classified.

HE did that wrong.

If he wanted the documents declassified, he should have told someone.

Because the government has been treating them like they're classified.

HE did that wrong.

Your opinion, but not the basis for charging him with shit.

When it's a Democrat, you have no problem with recognizing the President has special powers. When it's a Republican, you prove nothing but that you're a raging hypocrite

Your opinion, but not the basis for charging him with shit.

When it's a Democrat, you have no problem with recognizing the President has special powers. When it's a Republican, you prove nothing but that you're a raging hypocrite
It's self-evident. The fact that you can't reply meaningfully shows you can't

I have no problem saying the president can declassify. The problem is that when the president tells no one, then the information is effectively still classified.

It's self-evident. The fact that you can't reply meaningfully shows you can't

I have no problem saying the president can declassify. The problem is that when the president tells no one, then the information is effectively still classified.

Well, if you think so. There is is then [\discussion]

I'd like to see you going ape shit over charging a Democrat with a crime because as you said with Trump, "It's self-evident."

You're such a piece of shit

Legal experts are tearing the filing part. It’s basically just one big joke. Long on hyperbole and short on legal merit.

However, what’s notable is that his lawyers didn’t include the claim Trump declassified those documents before taking them. Trump himself has said as recently as today he did.

Well he basically know why. He didn’t actually do it lol

And it is irrelevant. It's a strawman argument, a red herring. There is no requirement that government documents be classified to be stolen.

Well, if you think so. There is is then [\discussion]

I'd like to see you going ape shit over charging a Democrat with a crime because as you said with Trump, "It's self-evident."

You're such a piece of shit
I'm not charging Trump with anything. As many other people have pointed out, the issue of whether the documents were classified or not is not actually all that relevant, especially when one of the biggest issues is that Trump did not comply with a grand jury subpoena. If a Democrat had lied about compliance with a grand jury subpoena, I wouldn't be defending them.

This isn't even a discussion. You are refusing to even try to think for yourself. I say it's self evident that Trump didn't really declassify documents without telling anyone because if you had asked the government to see any of the documents Trump had "declassified" they would have told you to get lost because as far as anyone is concerned, they're still classified.

I'm not charging Trump with anything. As many other people have pointed out, the issue of whether the documents were classified or not is not actually all that relevant, especially when one of the biggest issues is that Trump did not comply with a grand jury subpoena. If a Democrat had lied about compliance with a grand jury subpoena, I wouldn't be defending them.

This isn't even a discussion. You are refusing to even try to think for yourself. I say it's self evident that Trump didn't really declassify documents without telling anyone because if you had asked the government to see any of the documents Trump had "declassified" they would have told you to get lost because as far as anyone is concerned, they're still classified.

What you said is a non-sequitur to the discussion, so pass

What you said is a non-sequitur to the discussion, so pass
It's not a non-sequitor. You just lack logic.

It makes no sense that a president would have "declassified" information without telling people. It defies the entire purpose of declassification.

Legal experts are tearing the filing part. It’s basically just one big joke. Long on hyperbole and short on legal merit.

However, what’s notable is that his lawyers didn’t include the claim Trump declassified those documents before taking them. Trump himself has said as recently as today he did.

Well he basically know why. He didn’t actually do it lol

Why don't you let the attorneys figure that out? Your wild speculations are not going to change their actions. Gossip.

Him having the authority obviously doesn’t mean he actually did it. Actually doing it is a formal process that involves paperwork. It’s not like he can just lay in bed one night at 3AM and say to himself “I’m declassifying that shit. No one needs to know, though.”
Nailed it! :clap:

Trump is a lunatic!

Meh.....DOJ wants to keep investigating the doc's and now the Trump doesn't have to reveal any info about classification, which could preemptively harm a criminal defense.
The original issue was which items were under atty client and executive privilege.
That was DOJ's intention over the classified doc's.
Classified doc's don't fall under those privileges in my view.

So there.
There is no executive privilege. Trump is not the executive authority any longer.Not to mention he’s never claimed it.

Has He been criminally charged?
Special Master isn't to determine guilt or innocence, only privileged communications.
You people kill me......my God.
Trump has to show why they are or should be privileged. Privilege has to be asserted to be granted. If he declassified them or has evidence they were planted, the master needs to know if Trump is trying to disallow documents by claiming such. Otherwise he’s just talking shit.
IOW…
The master is telling Trump to put up or shut up.

So where is the SCOTUS in all this?

The supreme court has established itself as an unchecked power. And like all unchecked powers, it is massively corrupt. Democrats don't like it, so they are trying to grow the court to suit yourselves. Then when Republicans get power back, they'll grow the court and take it back. Democrats never do think things through

Nailed it! :clap:

Trump is a lunatic!
ipoxww7a3mp91.jpg

Forum List

Back