Why Did Trump Win? Here's why.

Trump won because the LIBERAL NORTH wants their industries and jobs back.

Verily I say, thank you for helping to keep Killroy out of the White House, libs! Truly!:beer:

And Trump moved to the LEFT of Hillary on those issues.

A Republican winning by moving to the LEFT?

lol, I thought that wasn't possible.
Who's defining left? He supports smaller government and less taxing, regulations, etc. That's to the right. WAY right in Hillary's case.

Pilger's schtick is America is a warmonger and the media is controlled by corporate capitalists. he's a simplistic stooge. After lunch, if I have 25 minutes to waste, I may listen to him. I suspect he'll hypothesize that Trump is some rejection of those interests, and he'll be great when he greases up his butt for Putin.

John Pilger is sometimes much too dour, as he is here. But .... here are the answers to all of your questions.
I don't have any questions and wonder why his opinions should have any meaning to me. What am I missing?

Don't dismiss what he says so quickly. Did you watch it? There are many salient points and observations. I suspect the Dems will be more agitated than Reps by his comments and views.
I'm pretty familiar with the election. What was his best point?

No thanks, I'm not interested in condensing over 25 minutes of well thought out comments to a bumper sticker.

John Pilger is sometimes much too dour, as he is here. But .... here are the answers to all of your questions.
I don't have any questions and wonder why his opinions should have any meaning to me. What am I missing?

Don't dismiss what he says so quickly. Did you watch it? There are many salient points and observations. I suspect the Dems will be more agitated than Reps by his comments and views.

No thanks, I'm not interested in condensing over 25 minutes of well thought out comments to a bumper sticker.
I asked what his best point was. Too tough a challenge?

Verily I say, thank you for helping to keep Killroy out of the White House, libs! Truly!:beer:

Who's defining left? He supports smaller government and less taxing, regulations, etc. That's to the right. WAY right in Hillary's case.

I'm talking about the reason he won.

The reason he won (remember he only won because of a handful of key states that changed from 2012,

is that he was to the left of Hillary Clinton on economic issues that LABOR cares about.

Had he not been to the LEFT of Clinton on those issues, he would have lost the same way Romney and McCain lost.

That's because Americans generally see everything in "Black & White" "With us or Against us" "Liberal or Conservative" "FAR Right or FAR Left"
That's because in politics, that's the way it is.

No-no-no-no-no. Well, maybe in American politics it is ........ but it isn't. I mean, it isn't. That's
just the dumb-down way the government wants the population to think.

His best point was that many Americans are too lazy to spend 25 minutes expanding their mind. Do you know anybody like that?

The reason he won (remember he only won because of a handful of key states that changed from 2012,

is that he was to the left of Hillary Clinton on economic issues that LABOR cares about.

Had he not been to the LEFT of Clinton on those issues, he would have lost the same way Romney and McCain lost.

He won because the Liberal North elected him. Final word is of course, yours.

He won because the Liberal North elected him. Final word is of course, yours.

I pretty much said that.

Trump won because he won a Democratic/Liberal segment of the electorate that no other Republican in recent memory could win,

because Trump was a liberal to those people, moreso than Hillary.

Trump won by doing what conservatives insist Republicans must never do,

move to the Left.

His best point was that many Americans are too lazy to spend 25 minutes expanding their mind. Do you know anybody like that?

I eat half done toast every morning because I'm too dang impatient to let the toaster finish. Does that count?

Trump won because the people were sick of lying liberal scum politicians.

None of this accounts for the fact that he won not just with less votes than Hillary but also that neither he nor she got as many votes as Mitt got 4 years ago. JFC, this was suckass election. But here's hoping to Trump being a successful potus.

I've said for 20 years that most people get their politics from broadcast TV. So have a lot of others, no epiphany there. Glad I saved 25 minutes.

Oh Jesus!
lmao.gif
I'm going to be laughing all night long!

I've said for 20 years that most people get their politics from broadcast TV. So have a lot of others, no epiphany there. Glad I saved 25 minutes.

Interesting, you haven't changed your mind in 20 years. Sounds like you have it locked down pretty tight. BTW, have you heard of the Internet or cable TV? You should share your thoughts with the people at Pew Research. They seem to believe broadcast TV is the 5th most used source. Those idiots had cable news, social media, web sites and radio ahead of broadcast TV. They probably spent too much time watching that 25 minute video and missed your epiphany.

More of those who learned from cable news find it most helpful than users of any other type of source

Trump won because the people were sick of lying liberal scum politicians.

Nope. Trump won because he did what the GOP establishment refused to do...

...go left on a core economic issue.

You know you both may be right on this. Some votes came from people sick of the established politicians like Hellary, and some came from Trumps talking about tariffs and protectionism to bring back jobs.

Forum List

Back