Why can't we "pass through the walls"?

I can walk through a cloud of ionized gas, like it wasn't even there. So, electrical force doesn't prevent my passing through.
Because the ions actually move aside for you and are much further apart. So, you don't "walk through" gas, you walk around it.

But,in a way, you are correct. It's not electrical force that prevents us from walking through walls. It is the Pauli Exclusion principle.

... it is not possible for two things to exist in the same place at the same time. . ....

Yes it is.

Example?

One example is Schrodinger's cat thought experiment where the cat is alive and dead at the same time until you look.

You don't want Unkotare's answer because it will be feces.

Interesting. However, there is clearly a distinction to be made between differing states of exitance (dead vs. Alive) and differing physical entities (rock and an egg, for example)

... it is not possible for two things to exist in the same place at the same time. . ....

Yes it is.

Example?

One example is Schrodinger's cat thought experiment where the cat is alive and dead at the same time until you look.

Interesting. However, there is clearly a distinction to be made between differing states of exitance (dead vs. Alive) and differing physical entities (rock and an egg, for example)

1024px-Hydrogen_Density_Plots.png

The above figure describes the positions of a hydrogen electron. We do not know where the electron will be, but it will be in one of the above positions depending on energy level. Quantum mechanics cannot predict the exact location of a particle in space, only the probability of finding it at different locations. The brighter areas represent a higher probability of finding the electron.

So yes, Schrodinger's cat is just a metaphor for describing the states of atoms and subatomic particles. Before we measure an atom or photon that has been linked by quantum entanglement, we know that it will be either positive or negative and once we know one, then we will know the state of the other. IOW the quantum physicists are saying that these entangled particles are in both states at the same time or occupying the same space at the same time.

Talking to a quantum physicist will just confuse you as I have and if you do not understand their terminology, then they will have you believing heads is tails and tails is heads. It all sounds fine in the quantum world. Now they're trying to show that what we see in the natural world is not correct. They are trying to apply quantum rules to the physical or bigger world and it doesn't work. You cannot violate the laws of physics in the macro world, but the quantum physicists will have you believing this is possible. They are wrong.

Because it is the electrons that repel each other.
Because negatively charged they give off an electromagnetic force and as two magnets on the same pole repel each other;
which makes it possible to note in the universe the first law of physics "two object cannot operate occupying the same place at the same instant."

Give your opinion ...

Thank you

bad VIBRATIONS?

What the quantum physicists are trying to do is entangle subatomic particles with larger particles, but I don't think it's giving them the results they want. It's only demonstrable with quantum particles.

Because negatively charged they give off an electromagnetic force and as two magnets on the same pole repel each other;
which makes it possible to note in the universe the first law of physics "two object cannot operate occupying the same place at the same instant."

Give your opinion ...

Thank you
Oh, go ahead. Take a really fast run at a wall, head first, who knows, maybe it'll work, this time.

Give your opinion ...

Thank you

Yes it is.

Example?

That's right, the question was difficult for me to ask .. if ghosts really exist they pass through the walls according to the testimonies which comes back to my question ask otherwise
Once deceased, it is possible to pass through the walls because our physical body kept it in place thanks to magnetism but once deceased magnism disappears with death… Is that an explanation, perhaps?

Last edited:
Because negatively charged they give off an electromagnetic force and as two magnets on the same pole repel each other

I'm pretty sure the magnetic force of the wall isn't stopping me from going through, me not being made of ferrous metal and all.

areyoupositive-asphalt_newthumb.png
Walls find you repulsive. Therefore, they will not let you pass!
I didn't know you found me repulsive, it's good to know.

Because negatively charged they give off an electromagnetic force and as two magnets on the same pole repel each other

I'm pretty sure the magnetic force of the wall isn't stopping me from going through, me not being made of ferrous metal and all.

Death Angel you mean : electrically repulsive and physically repulsive.
That’s it for me not to be used to speaking English, I don’t always understand the answers or meanings from the start I thought people made fun of me. I'm sorry, please forgive but also sometimes I ask questions in PM to be sure of the answer and that I am answered and I am not always answered someone helped me and I thank him for having answered;)

That’s it for me not to be used to speaking English, I don’t always understand the answers or meanings from the start I thought people made fun of me. I'm sorry, please forgive but also sometimes I ask questions in PM to be sure of the answer and that I am answered and I am not always answered someone helped me and I thank him for having answered;)
Did you look up the Pauli Exclusion Principle?

I will look.

I will look.
It is the correct answer to your question.

Forum List

Back