Why Can't the Left Let Go of Slavery?

A lot of people were denied equal rights in the past, it doesn't mean their descendants should get free money that their ancestors may or may not have had, if given more opportunities. How would such a thing even be determined?
Why should we still be denied equal rights to this day, because our distant ancestors were not "well born" privileged country estate whites without a drop of racial impurity in our blood?
My relatives weren't well born either. Everyone today has equal rights. You will find some racists and bigots who deny people based on race, sex, age, etc. I wouldn't want a damn thing from them anyway.
"Everyone today has equal rights."

Some also have generational wealth directly attributable to slavery, Jim Crow, Black Codes, etc

Nobody that I know.
You don't have to know them personally in order to acknowledge that fact.
I do. There are rich whites who inherited their wealth from families who owned slaves. There are rich whites who worked their asses off to attain their wealth.
There are lots of wealthy whites that worked their asses off because they were selected or promoted over a more qualified Black person too.

• Love
Reactions: IM2
A lot of people were denied equal rights in the past, it doesn't mean their descendants should get free money that their ancestors may or may not have had, if given more opportunities. How would such a thing even be determined?
Why should we still be denied equal rights to this day, because our distant ancestors were not "well born" privileged country estate whites without a drop of racial impurity in our blood?
My relatives weren't well born either. Everyone today has equal rights. You will find some racists and bigots who deny people based on race, sex, age, etc. I wouldn't want a damn thing from them anyway.

Some also have generational wealth directly attributable to slavery, Jim Crow, Black Codes, etc

Nobody that I know.
I do. There are rich whites who inherited their wealth from families who owned slaves. There are rich whites who worked their asses off to attain their wealth.
There are lots of wealthy whites that worked their asses off because they were selected or promoted over a more qualified Black person too.
There are a lot who earned their promotions.

Nobody that I know.
That we will never know for sure since it was a common practice to not give Blacks those opportunities.

• Love

Nobody that I know.
That we will never know for sure since it was a common practice to not give Blacks those opportunities.
If it were that way today you would see less blacks being promoted. I have had many Black supervisors and seen many promoted.

"Because you know an apology won't be all anyone wants, it's always something more."

That's because we are owed way more than sounds coming out of some white persons mouth for what we have lost due to racism. Whites like this want to take the easy way out of this. Well, there was no easy way in and that easy way Molly wants to take won't fix the damage created.

"There are rich whites who worked their asses off to attain their wealth."

There are rich whites who worked their asses off after being given an opportunity that blacks were denied,

"Because you know an apology won't be all anyone wants, it's always something more."

That's because we are owed way more than sounds coming out of some white persons mouth for what we have lost due to racism. Whites like this want to take the easy way out of this. Well, there was no easy way in and that easy way Molly wants to take won't fix the damage created.
What easy way? You are just an asshole who does nothing but badmouth whites. You claim to be successful, that can't be possible since the white man held you back.

Nobody that I know.
If it were that way today you would see less blacks being promoted. I have had many Black supervisors and seen many promoted.
Less Blacks are being promoted or even hired this very day. Theres a reason the Black unemployment rate is normally triple that of whites.

• Thanks

Nobody that I know.
Since the seventies major corporations and the government have been begging for qualified blacks Latinos, women and Asians to promote as managers. You refuse to acknowledge all the progress that’s been made in favor of some kind of pie in the sky perfect society.

You aren’t owed a damn thing except the same opportunity anyone else has and you already have that.

Nobody that I know.
Since the seventies major corporations and the government have been begging for qualified blacks Latinos, women and Asians to promote as managers. You refuse to acknowledge all the progress that’s been made in favor of some kind of pie in the sky perfect society.
Thats pretty much bullshit. You can claim all day you want Blacks, Latinos, and Asians but hire white women instead. Surprise. Guess who benefitted the most from AA? White women.

Nobody that I know.
Less Blacks are being promoted or even hired this very day. Theres a reason the Black unemployment rate is normally triple that of whites.
Yes, because blacks choose to do less with their education and commit more crimes per capita than they should.

I have also seen blacks

Nobody that I know.
Less Blacks are being promoted or even hired this very day. Theres a reason the Black unemployment rate is

Nobody that I know.
I have also seen blacks claim racism for not being hired because of no powers ente,

Nobody that I know.
I have seen blacks claim racism for not being hired when the real reasons are lack of experience or education, appearance, failing drug tests, criminal record, or bad driving record. Whites were denied the same jobs for the same reasons.

Nobody that I know.
Thats pretty much bullshit. You can claim all day you want Blacks, Latinos, and Asians but hire white women instead. Surprise. Guess who benefitted the most from AA? White women.
I see you and IM2 post that about AA and white women. The only preference I ever saw was some slobbering redneck hiring a pretty white girl as a secretary so he could hit on her.

Nobody that I know.
Yeah white women have benefitted from AA, as have Latino and Asian men and women. What are they doing that you aren’t? Latinos have faced at least as much prejudice as blacks.

I have also seen blacks

Nobody that I know.
Less Blacks are being promoted or even hired this very day. Theres a reason the Black unemployment rate is

Nobody that I know.
I have also seen blacks claim racism for not being hired because of no powers ente,

Nobody that I know.
I have seen blacks claim racism for not being hired when the real reasons are lack of experience or education, appearance, failing drug tests, criminal record, or bad driving record. Whites were denied the same jobs for the same reasons.
"I have seen blacks claim racism"

There's a big difference in claiming racism and proving it. The laws are in the racists favor. Short of them admitting they were racist or being caught on a recording like the guy I experienced, there is no way you can get them punished for it.

Nobody that I know.
Yeah white women have benefitted from AA, as have Latino and Asian men and women. What are they doing that you aren’t? Latinos have faced at least as much prejudice as blacks.
"Yeah white women have benefitted from AA"

Well actually they have benefitted the most.

" What are they doing that you aren’t?"
They are being not Black. Racist whites will hire or promote anyone over a Black person.

I have also seen blacks

Nobody that I know.

Nobody that I know.

Nobody that I know.

There's a big difference in claiming racism and proving it. The laws are in the racists favor. Short of them admitting they were racist or being caught on a recording like the guy I experienced, there is no way you can get them punished for it.
I agree. Just saying it isn't always a racial issue when blacks aren't hired, they make it racial.

I have also seen blacks

Nobody that I know.

Nobody that I know.

Nobody that I know.

I agree. Just saying it isn't always a racial issue when blacks aren't hired, they make it racial.
In all my dealings with the corporate world there was only one Black person I know that was fired and claimed it was racism when it clearly wasn't. Other than that as a Black person you can never rule it out and frequently its the first thing your mind jumps to due to this country's racist history.

Nobody that I know.
"Yeah white women have benefitted from AA"

Well actually they have benefitted the most.

" What are they doing that you aren’t?"
They are being not Black. Racist whites will hire or promote anyone over a Black person.
How can that be proven? There are more women in the work force, usually because they have to. It's just flat out lying to say white women have gotten jobs because of their race and sex. Saying they aren't qualified, skilled or smart enough is sexists and backward

Forum List

Back