Why Can't Movie-makers Get it Right?

Anathema

Crotchety Olde Man
Apr 30, 2014
The Olden Days
My wife wants to go see "Baywatch" this afternoon. I will take her over, pay for her ticket and wait for her in the lobby.

I won't go see it for two reasons; the same ones thst will prevent me from seeing "Wonder Woman" (and most movies these days)... neith the stories nor tbe casting are in agreement or in line with the original source information for them.

Does it frustrate anyone else that these movie companies can't, won't or don't seem to make any sttempt to stay true to the source information they pay so much money to acquire the film rights to?

My wife wants to go see "Baywatch" this afternoon. I will take her over, pay for her ticket and wait for her in the lobby.

I won't go see it for two reasons; the same ones thst will prevent me from seeing "Wonder Woman" (and most movies these days)... neith the stories nor tbe casting are in agreement or in line with the original source information for them.

Does it frustrate anyone else that these movie companies can't, won't or don't seem to make any sttempt to stay true to the source information they pay so much money to acquire the film rights to?
No. It doesn't frustrate me because I don't see any reason to watch a movie that isn't original. For example, I did not go see the Lone Ranger movie because I've already seen the TV show.

]No. It doesn't frustrate me because I don't see any reason to watch a movie that isn't original. For example, I did not go see the Lone Ranger movie because I've already seen the TV show.

I didn't see it because it was not even close to the source info. They took a drama and turned it into comedy. Same thing with Baywatch.

]No. It doesn't frustrate me because I don't see any reason to watch a movie that isn't original. For example, I did not go see the Lone Ranger movie because I've already seen the TV show.

I didn't see it because it was not even close to the source info. They took a drama and turned it into comedy. Same thing with Baywatch.
Obviously there is a market for such things. Why does your wife want to see it?

I don't lose much sleep over preserving the sanctity of Baywatch

Obviously there is a market for such things. Why does your wife want to see it?

Her minimal intellect, combined with her urban upbringing and Latino heritage apparently make her susceptible to that type of low-brow stupidity/humor.
Whoa. Opposites attract, or something LOL Well, like I said, there is a market for it.

I agree. Hollywood destroys most remakes. They have to cast different races than the originals and always have homosexuals in them. I'm waiting for a superman remake where Clark Kent and Jimmy Olsen are fags, and Lois and Lana are carpet munchers. I wouldn't see the remake of the Wild Wild West because James West was not a black man.And I am a fan of Will Smith, or was anyway. It's like making a movie about Martin Luther King with King being played my Tom Cruise. Total BS.

I agree. Hollywood destroys most remakes. They have to cast different races than the originals and always have homosexuals in them. I'm waiting for a superman remake where Clark Kent and Jimmy Olsen are fags, and Lois and Lana are carpet munchers. I wouldn't see the remake of the Wild Wild West because James West was not a black man.And I am a fan of Will Smith, or was anyway. It's like making a movie about Martin Luther King with King being played my Tom Cruise. Total BS.
Most Superman remakes have portrayed Clark Kent as gay......Excuse me, "mild mannered"

Most Superman remakes have portrayed Clark Kent as gay......Excuse me, "mild mannered"
Being mild mannered is not gay. It means being polite and not appearing like a tough guy.

For a bunch of somebodies ^^^

biscuits_newthumb.png

I see very few films, and hardly ever in the theaters. Hollywood cranks out almost nothing but prequels, sequels, remakes, reboots, endless romantic comedies and political message crap disguised as documentary. They are deathly afraid of unique, original material.

Last film I saw was "Captain Fantastic", one of the most left-wing Noam Chomsky-ish hippie movies ever made, starring that real life hippie Viggo Mortensen.

It was great. Well filmed and well-acted. It actually had a story, with actual dialogue extracted from somewhere other than a contract writer's ass or ripped off from some other venue.

Being mild mannered is not gay. It means being polite and not appearing like a tough guy.
Most Superman movies play the gay angle

In the original "Adventures of Superman" in the 50s, Clark was a crack reporter who stood up to criminals

Movies have made him a bumbling fool and clearly gay

I don't lose much sleep over preserving the sanctity of Baywatch

My first thought when I read "...can't, won't or don't seem to make any sttempt to stay true to the source information..." was it is fuckin Baywatch. The original was drivel. The movie likely will be too. But staying true to some prior version? Who cares?

People adapt movies, books, and events into entertainment. The fact that the next movie on that subject may not follow the same formula is a good thing. Who wants to watch redrafts of the same story over and over and over.

I see very few films, and hardly ever in the theaters. Hollywood cranks out almost nothing but prequels, sequels, remakes, reboots, endless romantic comedies and political message crap disguised as documentary. They are deathly afraid of unique, original material.

Last film I saw was "Captain Fantastic", one of the most left-wing Noam Chomsky-ish hippie movies ever made, starring that real life hippie Viggo Mortensen.

It was great. Well filmed and well-acted. It actually had a story, with actual dialogue extracted from somewhere other than a contract writer's ass or ripped off from some other venue.
I don't either. We used to go to the movies two/four times a month. Now it's more like once every 4/5 months. Hollywood cranks out crap these days and they charge too much for their shitty products. Nevermind the fact that they employ some of the least talented people on the planet.

Most Superman movies play the gay angle

In the original "Adventures of Superman" in the 50s, Clark was a crack reporter who stood up to criminals

Movies have made him a bumbling fool and clearly gay
A bumbling fool ...yes...that's how Hollywood likes to portray most men. Gay...no. He is in love with Lois Lane after all.

Forum List

Back