Why Can't Minors Be Executed?

I'm against the death penalty anyway. The State should never be granted the right to take a life.
Well, we can discuss that at length if you want. but its not really part of this subject.

I am, for the most part, against it because the State makes too many fucking mistakes. But I am not against the death penalty because some crimes deserve an appropriate response.

If anybody commits murder (not including self-defense as that's not murder in my mind) why should a juvenile be any different from an adult if they are fully aware what they did was horribly wrong?

By that line of reasoning why can't we send children off to war? In my opinion children deserve special legal protections beyond those of adults—save for the most unspeakable of criminal acts. The traditional standard used to be adults know better, kids often do not.

I will ALWAYS defer to the wisdom of God in matters of justice. I challenge anyone to show me where, in the Scriptures, a person who is murdered by a "child" doesn't deserve the same justice as the person murdered by a 40 year old

By that line of reasoning why can't we send children off to war? In my opinion children deserve special legal protections beyond those of adults—save for the most unspeakable of criminal acts. The traditional standard used to be adults know better, kids often do not.
It matters WHAT THEY DO, not what they pretend not to know.

We should have left Hitler alone since he clearly "didn't know better"

Like I said before, I'm not talking about that young, but I knew better when I was five.

Like I said before, I'm not talking about that young, but I knew better when I was five.
The Bible gives a near adult status to children who reach 12 years. First degree murderers at 12 years are EXTREMELY RARE. This is because THEY KNOW WHAT THEY ARE DOING, and need to be held accountable for their behavior.

Seriously? Juveniles have long been held to be less liable for their actions because they are innocently stupid and rash when it comes to making decisions.
i agree with the rash and stupid part but many are not innocent . they know what they are doing is wrong but age should be taken into account ..... therefor i agree that children should not be executed .

Joshua Phillips was 14 when he murdered an eight year old and hid her body for six days, Jon Venables and Robert Thompson were 10 when they killed two-year-old James Bulger and Morgan Leppert was 15 when she killed a pensioner.

Joshua Phillips was 14 when he murdered an eight year old and hid her body for six days, Jon Venables and Robert Thompson were 10 when they killed two-year-old James Bulger and Morgan Leppert was 15 when she killed a pensioner.

I heard about the James Bulger one I just forgot his name and that's who I was thinking about when I made this topic. :(

Forum List

Back