Why Can't Minors Be Executed?

Well, the line has to be drawn somewhere. You could argue that the line could be lowered, but there still has to be a line. Where do you think it should be?

Probably not kids younger than ten.

I support capital punishment for murder, but the idea of the state executing a 10 or 11 year old is terrifying.

Oh really? Ever heard of the James Bulger case? Is a two year old losing his life worse to you?

Last edited:
I support capital punishment for murder, but the idea of the state executing a 10 or 11 year old is terrifying.

Oh really? Ever heard of the James Bulgar case? Is a two year old losing his life worse to you?

Not nearly as terrifying as the prospect of someone achieving that level of depravity at such a young age.

Any sane person has to know that someone who, at the age of ten or eleven, is capable of committing such a horrendous crime, is not going to get any better with age.

No favor is being done to any actual human, by allowing such an animal to continue living once its guilt in such a crime has been reliably ascertained.

For the same reason that we don't allow minors to do a number of things. They are still biologically developing and their brains may not comprehend the full magnitude of their actions.

There are exceptions. If you have a minor who has a history of atrocious acts, clearly they get it and should be tried as adults.

But honestly, a 13-year-old who kills may not understand how wrong that is. Should we then go to the extreme and just kill them back?

I say no. While rehab is often useless. it isn't always useless. And kids can mature and learn morals.
A 13 year old doesn’t know it’s wrong 😑 to kill somebody and their family will never see them again? Tell that to the Victims families

If anybody commits murder (not including self-defense as that's not murder in my mind) why should a juvenile be any different from an adult if they are fully aware what they did was horribly wrong?
Yeah. Let’s call it a slightly delayed full birth abortion. The Dems will love it.

A 13 year old doesn’t know it’s wrong 😑 to kill somebody and their family will never see them again? Tell that to the Victims families
A 13-year-old may or may not understand the ramifications of their actions. They, like the left, are emotionally underdeveloped or stunted or may live life ONLY in their emotions.

Regardless, I am not saying to punish them. I'm saying, understand what is being discussed and don't live an emotionally stunted life where your rage means you should get to just lash out and then justify it later.

well if they can be vaxxed......

~S~
The United States Supreme Court prohibits execution for crimes committed at the age of fifteen or younger. ... Since 1973, 226 juvenile death sentences have been imposed. Twenty-two juvenile offenders have been executed and 82 remain on death row The reason is common sense. The brain of a teenager is not fully developed so they are not fully capable of moral judgements.

The United States Supreme Court prohibits execution for crimes committed at the age of fifteen or younger. ... Since 1973, 226 juvenile death sentences have been imposed. Twenty-two juvenile offenders have been executed and 82 remain on death row The reason is common sense. The brain of a teenager is not fully developed so they are not fully capable of moral judgements.
It's too bad

Forum List

Back