CDZ Why aren't we addressing the gun issue as a cultural problem?

Yes....in a country of over 320 million people....with a grand total of 12 mass public shootings in 2018.

323 mass shootings occurred in 2018 that fit the inclusion criteria of this article, resulting in 1,661 people being shot. Of those people, 387 people have died.

List of mass shootings in the United States in 2018 - Wikipedia

Wrong......that is a lie..... gang and criminal violence are not part of the definition of mass public shootings you moron......following the actual definition, which Mother Jones actually uses....we had 12, with 93 killed....and that is the new standard...it used to take 4 killed but obama lowered it to 3.

The criteria is 3 or more killed in an attack outside of any other criminal activity or association....you putz..... gang members spraying a party over a dice game is not a mass public shooting..... but you need to throw that in to stampede normal people into believing we have more mass public shootings than we do....

And Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives..

Nobody believes that....

Not even the gun nuts.

Ever stop a rape with a lawn dart joe?

Nope.... and no one stopped one with a gun. I mean, I'm sure a lot of nuts point guns at the scary black man at a bus stop and THINK they stopped a rape... but that's not the same thing.

Wrong......that is a lie..... gang and criminal violence are not part of the definition of mass public shootings you moron......

Again, you can redefine and flip and twist shit... but at the end of the day, we have hundreds of mass shootings and thousands of single shootings...

THE REST OF THE WORLD DOESN'T HAVE THIS PROBLEM!!!!

And Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives..

Nobody believes that....

Not even the gun nuts.

Nope.... and no one stopped one with a gun. I mean, I'm sure a lot of nuts point guns at the scary black man at a bus stop and THINK they stopped a rape... but that's not the same thing.

The Centers for Disease Control... 1.1 million times a year.

The Department of Justice... 1.5 million times a year.

Two departments of your Church..... working for your God...Government....disagree with you joe.

Wrong......that is a lie..... gang and criminal violence are not part of the definition of mass public shootings you moron......

Again, you can redefine and flip and twist shit... but at the end of the day, we have hundreds of mass shootings and thousands of single shootings...

The rest of the world...

Europe... murdered 12 million people

Russia.... murdered 25 million people

China... murdered 70 million people

You just want government to commit mass murder....you don't even want private individuals to have access to murder...you only want the government to do it...

Actual definitions....... as followed by Mother Jones.......that isn't spelled NRA, it is spelled Mother Jones.......

12 mass public shootings in 2018.

93 killed.

Lawn mowers...about 75 people killed every year.

Knives, over 1,500 people every year.

Bare hands...over 400 people every year.

Clubs...over 400 people every year...

Cars, over 38,000 every year....

Don't even start on how many people doctors kill every year...

Two departments of your Church..... working for your God...Government....disagree with you joe.

Because you say so? Hardly.

Reality- the FBI says it's about 45,000 DGU's a year. And even that number is high to me.

You'd have to believe that 99.99% of the time, some gun nut finally gets a darkie in his sights he can legally shoot, and they restrain themselves. YOu'd also have to believer that 99.99% of the time, a person desperate enough to commit a crime would be deterred by a gun. Even if he has his own gun.

Reality- the FBI says it's about 45,000 DGU's a year. And even that number is high to me.

You'd have to believe that 99.99% of the time, some gun nut finally gets a darkie in his sights he can legally shoot, and they restrain themselves. YOu'd also have to believer that 99.99% of the time, a person desperate enough to commit a crime would be deterred by a gun. Even if he has his own gun.

Wrong.... the FBI doesn't do the research....the vaunted CDC and the Department of Justice did the research...... as well as 15 other research organizations...

And again with the racism.....what is your issue joe?

its supposed to be a FREE Country , own what ever you can afford to own JoeB .

Okay, I want to own a rabid Pit Bull and a vial of anthrax.

Wait. I can't have those things because they are dangerous?

Hey, how about some Lawn Darts with steel heads? Oh, wait, no, I can't own those either because a couple of children got impaled through the eye socket.

Okay, how about letting me buy medicines without three safety seals... that's just a pain in the ass to open. Oh, no, wait, I can't do that because some crazy asshole poisoned some Tylenol once in the 1980's.

We accept all sorts of restrictions on what we can own or buy because of our own safety.

Making it REALLY HARD for a crazy person to get a gun would seem to be common sense. To everyone but the Crazy Gun Nuts in the NRA.

And Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives.....according to the vaunted Centers For Disease Control..... or if you prefer the Department of Justice, they put the number at 1.5 million times a year....Americans using their legal guns to save lives from rape, robbery and murder...

We already have all the gun laws we need to stop criminals and mass shooters....but democrats keep letting criminals with repeat gun offenses out of prison, and the government keeps screwing up on the background checks for a few of our mass shooters...... you know, out of the grand total of 12 that we had in 2018.....out of 320,000,000 people in this country......

Meanwhile,

Mass public shooting deaths.... 93

Murder with knives.... 1,500, every single year

Death by car... 38,000

Death by lawn mower.... 75
Joe like Jeffery Epstein doesnt want girls to have guns, as we all know..

YOu'd also have to believer that 99.99% of the time, a person desperate enough to commit a crime would be deterred by a gun.
Hey Joe, have you ever looked down the barrel of a 9mm when the opening is facing you? It is a big deterrent to stop someone who is going to commit a crime. But when you hold up a pen, and tell them the pen is mightier than the sword, your gluteus maximus is going to be torn apart.

The rest of the world...

Europe... murdered 12 million people

Russia.... murdered 25 million people

China... murdered 70 million people

You just want government to commit mass murder....you don't even want private individuals to have access to murder...you only want the government to do it...
Joe is such a miserable person, he wants everyone to die, then he can feel superior to everyone left alive.

Actual definitions....... as followed by Mother Jones.......that isn't spelled NRA, it is spelled Mother Jones.......

93 killed.

Dude, I am reposting this on my FB page, but how do I attribute it to you?

93 killed.

Dude, I am reposting this on my FB page, but how do I attribute it to you?

You don't have to attribute to me.....or if you feel the need, just say 2aguy over here on U.S.messageboard... .....but here...

Notice how many years lawn mower deaths were higher than mass public shooting deaths....

FBI homicide data table..

Expanded Homicide Data Table 8

Rifles...still kill fewer people each year than knives... 403

Knives.....1,591

Hands and feet......696

Clubs.....467

Lawn Mower Accidents Rise This Time of Year | MU News Bureau

COLUMBIA, Mo.

— It can travel at speeds of more than 200 miles per hour, and with little warning it can severely injure someone. That is how University of Missouri Extension safety expert Bill Casady describes a rock thrown from a lawn mower. Each year, more than more than 75,000 Americans are injured in lawn mowing accidents, and 10,000 of them are children.

“A projectile traveling at 150 to 250 miles per hour has great potential to tear the skin, and usually those injuries heal. However, an object could just as easily hit you in the face or directly in the eye, and that will put an eye out immediately,” Casady said.

Each year, more than 75 people die in lawn mower accidents.

Many lawn mowing accidents involve children, Casady said. He advises parents to not allow children under the age of 12 to use a push mower and to keep children under the age of 16 off riding lawn mowers.

Mass Shooting deaths by year.....

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

US Mass Shootings, 1982-2015: Data From Mother Jones' Investigation

Rental Truck in Nice, France, 86 murdered in 5 minutes...
Total number murdered in mass public shootings by year...
Lawn mower deaths every year.... more than 75

(Lawn Mower Accidents Rise This Time of Year | MU News Bureau)

2018...... 93
2014..... 9
2013..... 36
2012..... 72
2011..... 19
2002...not listed by mother jones
1985...(none listed)
1983 (none listed)

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

http://www.cdc.gov/nchs/data/nvsr/nvsr64/nvsr64_02.pdf

Cars, Accidental deaths 2013......35,369

Poisons...accidental deaths 2013....38,851

Alcohol...accidental deaths 2013...29,001

gravity....accidental falling deaths 2013...30,208
Accidental drowning.....3,391
Accidental exposure to smoke, fire and flames.....2,760

Wrong.... the FBI doesn't do the research....the vaunted CDC and the Department of Justice did the research...... as well as 15 other research organizations...

And again with the racism.....what is your issue joe?

I live in a racist country where the police and the occasional fat loser can shoot black children without legal consequence... that's my issue.

No, I don't buy any number that you bring here, because all your numbers...

upload_2019-8-25_5-0-45.jpeg

You don't have to attribute to me.....or if you feel the need, just say 2aguy over here on U.S.messageboard...

And proving my point again...

33,000 gun deaths
70,000 gun injuries
400,000 gun crimes
$270,000,000,000 in economic loses due to guns.

Your fetish costs us too much.

Americans use their guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives.... from violent rape, robbery and murder.....which you apparently would like to see completed against the victims. This is according to the Centers for Disease Control.

And you are lying about the numbers......as usual..

Gun Accidental Death...

Gun accidents....in a country with over 320,000,000 people...... with 400,000,000 guns in private hands, and over 15,700,000 people carrying guns for self defense..... 495 accidental gun deaths....

Gun murder
Of the 10.982 gun murders in this country, 70-80% of the victims are criminals, engaged in criminal activity or part of the criminal life style....and of the remaining victims....many of them are friends and family of the criminal...caught up in the criminal's lifestyle.....

We went from 200 million guns in private hands in the 1990s and 4.7 million people carrying guns for self defense in 1997...to close to 400-600 million guns in private hands and over 17 million people carrying guns for self defense in 2017...guess what happened...
-- gun murder down 49%

--gun crime down 75%

--violent crime down 72%

Gun Homicide Rate Down 49% Since 1993 Peak; Public Unaware

Compared with 1993, the peak of U.S. gun homicides, the firearm homicide rate was 49% lower in 2010, and there were fewer deaths, even though the nation’s population grew. The victimization rate for other violent crimes with a firearm—assaults, robberies and sex crimes—was 75% lower in 2011 than in 1993. Violent non-fatal crime victimization overall (with or without a firearm) also is down markedly (72%) over two decades.

Non-fatal gun accidents....
WISQARS Nonfatal Injury Reports

CDC non fatal gun accident.....

2001.... 17,696

2002... 17,579

2003... 18,941

2004... 16,555

2005... 15,388

2006... 14,678

2007... 15,698

2008... 17,215

2009... 18,610

2010... 14,161

2011... 14,675

2012... 17,362

2013... 16,864

2014..... 15,928

2015... 17,311

Americans use their guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives....

Guy, you can keep repeating that. But it's BS.

You are trying to tell me that there are

1,100,000 incidents EVERY YEAR, where one of you guys pulls out your gun and aims it at a bad guy.

and in 1,999,800 of those cases.

1) You manage to restrain yourselves from shooting that darkie, despite all your wank fantasies about wanting to shoot people.
2) That some desperate criminal is going to see you whip out your gun, not use his own gun first, and is going to be totally intimidated into retreating.

It just doesn't pass the laugh test.

Forum List

Back