CDZ Why aren't we addressing the gun issue as a cultural problem?

Don't care what Colbert told you, Joe. you're full of crap, as always; I'm just here to point out your silly strawmen to the Peanut Gallery, some of whom might take your trolling bullshit at face value and be misled. The NRA is behind checks, has been for over 50 years, and it's behind improving the mental health system and identifying risks.

Except they shot down these kinds of reforms after Sandy Hook, and they are shooting them down now.

The NRA has no interest in stopping crazy people from getting guns... those are their best customers.

You Democrats are the people who dump crazies on the streets , keep feeding psycho-active drugs and amphetamines to school kids, and generally systemically abusing the mentally ill.

This is where you are a little confused. The big boom in the Homeless happened on Reagan's watch, when he slashed mental health care to give tax breaks to billionaires....

Of course, the biggest guy with mental illness is in teh White House.

Don't care what Colbert told you, Joe. you're full of crap, as always; I'm just here to point out your silly strawmen to the Peanut Gallery, some of whom might take your trolling bullshit at face value and be misled. The NRA is behind checks, has been for over 50 years, and it's behind improving the mental health system and identifying risks.

Except they shot down these kinds of reforms after Sandy Hook, and they are shooting them down now.

The NRA has no interest in stopping crazy people from getting guns... those are their best customers.

Rubbish. Posting in the CDZ doesn't mean you can't be called out on lying, Joe.

You Democrats are the people who dump crazies on the streets , keep feeding psycho-active drugs and amphetamines to school kids, and generally systemically abusing the mentally ill.

This is where you are a little confused. The big boom in the Homeless happened on Reagan's watch, when he slashed mental health care to give tax breaks to billionaires....

Of course, the biggest guy with mental illness is in teh White House.

The Democrats controlled Congress, Joe. They also emptied out the mental health hospitals and tore them down, and made the problem in the first place, back in the 1960's, Joe. The Democratic Party is mentally ill from top to bottom, where you are, Joe.

lol Joe loves strawmen and fake news no end. Of course, when you're Joe, and you get your news from late night comedians who host crappy tard stoner fare, it's easy to be a half-wit with high self-esteem and go years without a critical thought, even a lifetime in Joe's case.

Guy, the NRA is blocking expanded background checks and red flag laws. These would be two things that would make it a lot harder for crazy people to get guns.
----------------------------- if its the NRA that is doing the Blocking all I can say is GOOD JoeB .

its supposed to be a FREE Country , own what ever you can afford to own JoeB .

Okay, I want to own a rabid Pit Bull and a vial of anthrax.

Wait. I can't have those things because they are dangerous?

Hey, how about some Lawn Darts with steel heads? Oh, wait, no, I can't own those either because a couple of children got impaled through the eye socket.

Okay, how about letting me buy medicines without three safety seals... that's just a pain in the ass to open. Oh, no, wait, I can't do that because some crazy asshole poisoned some Tylenol once in the 1980's.

We accept all sorts of restrictions on what we can own or buy because of our own safety.

Making it REALLY HARD for a crazy person to get a gun would seem to be common sense. To everyone but the Crazy Gun Nuts in the NRA.
------------------------------------------- YOU and yer ilk ACCEPT Restrictions on Guns , I certainly don't JoeB . Restrictions on Guns are unAmerican.

YOU and yer ilk ACCEPT Restrictions on Guns , I certainly don't JoeB . Restrictions on Guns are unAmerican.

Why?

Frankly, most Americans don't own guns...

While I'd personally have no problem banning all private gun ownership, because there's absolutely no good reason for a civilian to own a gun, I'm more than reasonable.

I'm happy to let you have a gun once I have reasonable assurances you won't go crazy one day and shoot up a school or your workplace.

YOU and yer ilk ACCEPT Restrictions on Guns , I certainly don't JoeB . Restrictions on Guns are unAmerican.

Why?

Frankly, most Americans don't own guns...

While I'd personally have no problem banning all private gun ownership, because there's absolutely no good reason for a civilian to own a gun, I'm more than reasonable.

I'm happy to let you have a gun once I have reasonable assurances you won't go crazy one day and shoot up a school or your workplace.
--------------------------------------- hopefully it doesn't matter what YOU think , at least for my lifetime which should be at least another 10 years or so , Course the American Youngsters of the next Generations have to keep their eyes and ears open for Americas Enemies . And you are a good example of Americas Enemies so keep posting JoeB .

Yes 78% of the Demonrats dont own guns, because they have an IQ of 30 and will rely on police, the guys who shoot black people in the back, to come rescue you. Try walking down southside Chicago at night, and see how free you are, but you wont, because you glow at night, right JoeB?

78% of Americans don't own guns.

I don't have a reason to walk on the South Side at night.

I'm more worried the crazy person I work with is going to come and shoot his boss because he has easy access to guns.

Yes....in a country of over 320 million people....with a grand total of 12 mass public shootings in 2018...... you really have to worry about that.......

Your irrational fear doesn't get to dictate how others protect themselves and their families....

hopefully it doesn't matter what YOU think , at least for my lifetime which should be at least another 10 years or so , Course the American Youngsters of the next Generations have to keep their eyes and ears open for Americas Enemies . And you are a good example of Americas Enemies so keep posting JoeB .

Common sense gun control is closer than you think. Sorry, it's you gun nuts who put Americans in danger by making them accessable to people like Adam Lanza, Joker Holmes and Patrick Cruisius.

Do you think the uneducated person actually knows that he just proved our point, without knowing it

I am the 'uneducated' great unwashed....

78% of us don't own guns, and we are just as free as you are.

I'm lousy with guns & ammo....could probably hold of the indians if the wife reloaded on rotation, etc....

But it's not "Free" when every workplace needs to have security doors to lock down the plant in case the crazy employee comes in to work one day and decides to shoot his coworkers.

It's not free when we have to walk our kids through metal detectors at the start of each school day.

It's not free when we have to arm our police like soldiers to do simple community policing.

Your gun fetish makes us LESS free, not more.

Thank you Joe for making my point

FWIW, I've been to the 'other side'

and am the only ERE in recent history to flunk N.I.M.S., because i doodled on it

~S~
If you are lousy with guns and ammo, then thank you for not having any. But if you didnt know there are 3 types of US citizens in the country right now.

1. A future victim of a liberal who wants to harm you.
2. A victim of a liberal who wanted to harm you.
3. A person who carries who wont be a victim of a liberal.

'lousy' meaning i've an arsenal
thx

~S~

American culture is a gun culture, just like it is with the Pashtun.

Removes guns and you don't have authentic American culture any more.

You have a ticking time bomb because you really cannot change culture so easily, as demonstrated by the Pashtun.

its supposed to be a FREE Country , own what ever you can afford to own JoeB .

Okay, I want to own a rabid Pit Bull and a vial of anthrax.

Wait. I can't have those things because they are dangerous?

Hey, how about some Lawn Darts with steel heads? Oh, wait, no, I can't own those either because a couple of children got impaled through the eye socket.

Okay, how about letting me buy medicines without three safety seals... that's just a pain in the ass to open. Oh, no, wait, I can't do that because some crazy asshole poisoned some Tylenol once in the 1980's.

We accept all sorts of restrictions on what we can own or buy because of our own safety.

Making it REALLY HARD for a crazy person to get a gun would seem to be common sense. To everyone but the Crazy Gun Nuts in the NRA.

And Americans use their legal guns 1.1 million times a year to save lives.....according to the vaunted Centers For Disease Control..... or if you prefer the Department of Justice, they put the number at 1.5 million times a year....Americans using their legal guns to save lives from rape, robbery and murder...

Ever stop a rape with a lawn dart joe?

We already have all the gun laws we need to stop criminals and mass shooters....but democrats keep letting criminals with repeat gun offenses out of prison, and the government keeps screwing up on the background checks for a few of our mass shooters...... you know, out of the grand total of 12 that we had in 2018.....out of 320,000,000 people in this country......

Meanwhile,

Mass public shooting deaths.... 93

Murder with knives.... 1,500, every single year

Death by car... 38,000

Death by lawn mower.... 75

I don't have a simple legislative answer for the gun problem. There are already ten kazillion guns out there, and they're easily accessible by any maniac. So legislating along the fringes can only do so much. Can we do some legislating here and there? Sure, let's look at EVERYTHING. But legislation's efficacy will be limited and long term only.

Obviously, our poisoned political environment is going to slow down (or worse) anything major that we try to do. That appears to be the goal, for some reason. But is it possible for us all to look at this as a cultural issue? WHY is life so cheap now? HOW do people become so radicalized? WHAT pushes a damaged person over that last edge of sanity and turns them into a monster? WHEN can we step in without harming a person's liberties?

And perhaps most importantly, how can we COMMUNICATE, COLLABORATE and INNOVATE in this toxic political environment, to SAVE LIVES? Certainly we have to look at entertainment. Certainly we have to look at partisan politics from a macro perspective. Certainly we have to look at the internet. There are some things we all can consider. No?

I think MOST of our problems are cultural, directly or indirectly. This is another example. But we're tying our own hands.
What culture is it that makes politicians create laws that keep violent felons on the street?

I don't have a simple legislative answer for the gun problem. There are already ten kazillion guns out there, and they're easily accessible by any maniac. So legislating along the fringes can only do so much. Can we do some legislating here and there? Sure, let's look at EVERYTHING. But legislation's efficacy will be limited and long term only.

Obviously, our poisoned political environment is going to slow down (or worse) anything major that we try to do. That appears to be the goal, for some reason. But is it possible for us all to look at this as a cultural issue? WHY is life so cheap now? HOW do people become so radicalized? WHAT pushes a damaged person over that last edge of sanity and turns them into a monster? WHEN can we step in without harming a person's liberties?

And perhaps most importantly, how can we COMMUNICATE, COLLABORATE and INNOVATE in this toxic political environment, to SAVE LIVES? Certainly we have to look at entertainment. Certainly we have to look at partisan politics from a macro perspective. Certainly we have to look at the internet. There are some things we all can consider. No?

I think MOST of our problems are cultural, directly or indirectly. This is another example. But we're tying our own hands.
What culture is it that makes politicians create laws that keep violent felons on the street?
The culture of constantly lowering standards and enabling poor behaviors.

So it has nothing to do with guns.

So it has nothing to do with guns.
Not as much as is being made out. Hence the point of the thread.

Banning guns is just a fantasy. You can put it into law easy enough but it will be much harder to make reality than banning drugs, which also has not worked.

And far more of the gun owners will shoot back.

Forum List

Back