Why are the debating dems speaking Spanish and not Chinese

There are millions of spanish speaking illegal immigrants, so obviously they need to pander to them if they want their illegal votes.
But there are like 12 billion Chinese that could be coming for free healthcare

I don't think that the "Free Health Care for Illegals" promise that was made this week is going to be very popular with the electorate.

My guess is that we can expect to see the libs waving their hands in the air in commercials beginning in about 15 months. Particularly if the eventual nominee can be isolated and identified in the mob.

Why not smoke a peace pipe and do a rain dance for the Native American vote?
I don't know about if it's insulting to Mexican's but it's pretty damn insulting to me. Do you think anyone spoke German for my family? It's clear pandering by the left for the Latino vote.
Both Bush and Obama gave speeches that were at least partially in Spanish as have other presidents. You speak to your audience in the language they are most likely to understand. However, politicians do it in order to establish a connection.

I don't know about if it's insulting to Mexican's but it's pretty damn insulting to me. Do you think anyone spoke German for my family? It's clear pandering by the left for the Latino vote.
Both Bush and Obama gave speeches that were at least partially in Spanish as have other presidents. You speak to your audience in the language they are most likely to understand. However, politicians do it in order to establish a connection.

It’s pandering, plain and simple, but not the end of the world. At least President Bush really can speak Spanish.

It’s pandering, plain and simple, but not the end of the world. At least President Bush really can speak Spanish.
I can't imagine a politician born and raised in El Paso in which the native language of 68% of the population is Spanish and who represents a district that is 90% Mexican American not speaking fluent Spanish. His campaign speeches in El Paso and other areas where often in Spanish.
House Democrat Is Defeated in Texas Primary
Beto O'Rourke - Wikipedia

Again nobody connected with my family by speaking German. Nobody did it for my husbands family either. Don't recall Politician's speaking Yiddish, Greek or Russian. The point is we are an English speaking country and the politicians constituency should learn the language. Perfect example is my daughters mother and father in law. Been in this country for about a decade and yet her mother in law STILL can't speak English. Not even broken English. Meanwhile my German Great Grandparents spoke German,Polish and English and probably some Russian. Imagine that. I don't have a problem with Spanish. My grandson speaks english and some Spanish and I encourage him to do so because our family is slowly becoming Spanish anyway. I actually think it should be taught along with English in the school system from kindergarten as a second language. But when politicians speak it should be in America's first language, English. Catering to one group when you are a country of many groups shows bias. Politician's shouldn't be biased because their job is to serve all the people all of the time.

But you can't do it for everybody. A political is supposed to serve all of the people all of the time. Pandering such as this could be considered bias.

Again nobody connected with my family by speaking German. Nobody did it for my husbands family either. Don't recall Politician's speaking Yiddish, Greek or Russian. The point is we are an English speaking country and the politicians constituency should learn the language. Perfect example is my daughters mother and father in law. Been in this country for about a decade and yet her mother in law STILL can't speak English. Not even broken English. Meanwhile my German Great Grandparents spoke German,Polish and English and probably some Russian. Imagine that. I don't have a problem with Spanish. My grandson speaks english and some Spanish and I encourage him to do so because our family is slowly becoming Spanish anyway. I actually think it should be taught along with English in the school system from kindergarten as a second language. But when politicians speak it should be in America's first language, English. Catering to one group when you are a country of many groups shows bias. Politician's shouldn't be biased because their job is to serve all the people all of the time.
If the German, Polish, or Russian community was large enough, you bet politicians catered to them by speaking their language using ethnic phrases, stories, etc to establish a connection. Opponents of Beto act light this is some unheard of and Un-American tactic. George Bush frequency gave campaign speeches in Spanish in Texas. Obama did likewise in various communities. In 2013, Rubio delivered the Republican response to President Obama’s State of the Union address in Spanish. Romney gave a speech in French at opening of the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. Jon Huntsman in his 2012 presidential bid answered questions in Chinese. In 2013, Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine became the first senator to give an entire speech in Spanish.

The mistake many people make when they hear a politician speaking a foreign language is that it's un-American but the fact is it's as American as apple pie. We are a nation of immigrants and most immigrants didn't come to America speaking fluent English. That took years. For older people, it often took generations. Conservatives prefer to believe we're not a nation immigrants but that is not the case.

If the German, Polish, or Russian community was large enough, you bet politicians catered to them by speaking their language using ethnic phrases, stories, etc to establish a connection. Opponents of Beto act light this is some unheard of and Un-American tactic. George Bush frequency gave campaign speeches in Spanish in Texas. Obama did likewise in various communities. In 2013, Rubio delivered the Republican response to President Obama’s State of the Union address in Spanish. Romney gave a speech in French at opening of the 2002 Olympics in Salt Lake City. Jon Huntsman in his 2012 presidential bid answered questions in Chinese. In 2013, Vice Presidential candidate Tim Kaine became the first senator to give an entire speech in Spanish.

The mistake many people make when they hear a politician speaking a foreign language is that it's un-American but the fact is it's as American as apple pie. We are a nation of immigrants and most immigrants didn't come to America speaking fluent English. That took years. For older people, it often took generations. Conservatives prefer to believe we're not a nation immigrants but that is not the case.

We are a nation of white Europeans...
By way of criminality against the will of the people we have become a nation of many Spanish speaking wetbacks with illegal roots. Plain and fucking simple.

But you can't do it for everybody. A political is supposed to serve all of the people all of the time. Pandering such as this could be considered bias.
If speaking a few sentences in a presidential debate in Spanish is pandering to Hispanics then giving a speech in a synagogue decrying antisemitism is certainly pandering to Jews. When Donald Trump gave a speech at Liberty University promising as president he would protect Christianity, he was certainly pandering to Christians. Pandering is what politicians do to get elected.

They want to motivate criminal illegal aliens to go to the polls and vote illegally. La Raza and a whole infrastructure or left wing hacks will assist them in this.There is no other reason for a politcian to speak Spanish in an American political campaign except to encourage illegal voting, period.
A presidential candidate speaking Spanish, is them signalling that assimilation into American culture and society, by foreign immigrants, is no longer considered desirable.

It is both a courtesy and the best way to communicate with a person who speaks little or no English.
Speaking Spanish is nothing but pandering. What about the new immigrants who speak a language besides Spanish? What about a courtesy towards them, why are they being left out? Votes.

Forty million people speaking Spanish in this country, is just a reminder that our immigration system has been freaking broken for decades.

And why are ballots printed in Spanish when citizens are required to know english?
Not all citizens are required to speak English.
They should be, .....

Any other parts of the Bill of Rights you want to throw out?
Stop trying to be cute, it makes you appear to be ignorant.

It's just common sense, if people can't read and understand English, how are they supposed to even read and properly comprehend the Bill of Rights, much less our laws?

And why are ballots printed in Spanish when citizens are required to know english?
They should be, .....

It's just common sense, if people can't read and understand English, how are they supposed to even read and properly comprehend the Bill of Rights, much less our laws?

Do you comprehend the First Amendment?

They should be, .....

The first Amendment was written in our national language. English. It probably loses some of its subtleties when translated into foreign languages like Spanish.

They should be, .....

The first Amendment was written in our national language. English. It probably loses some of its subtleties when translated into foreign languages like Spanish.

What do you have in mind when you say "national language"? You realize we have no legally prescribed national language, right?

It is both a courtesy and the best way to communicate with a person who speaks little or no English.
Speaking Spanish is nothing but pandering. What about the new immigrants who speak a language besides Spanish? What about a courtesy towards them, why are they being left out? Votes.

Forty million people speaking Spanish in this country, is just a reminder that our immigration system has been freaking broken for decades.
People that immigrate to the US do not abandon their native language. English will always remain their second language. No matter how long they live in the US, they will still welcome people speaking to them in their native tongue.

Assimilation into a culture means you become multicultural. It does not mean you give up your native culture. In my extended family I have several immigrants that have lived in the US for many years. They all speak English but they still retain their native language and culture. That's just way it is.

People that immigrate to the US do not abandon their native language. English will always remain their second language. No matter how long they live in the US, they will still welcome people speaking to them in their native tongue.

Assimilation into a culture means you become multicultural. It does not mean you give up your native culture. In my extended family I have several immigrants that have lived in the US for many years. They all speak English but they still retain their native language and culture. That's just way it is.
I know, I'm married to a foreign born person.

Just because you grew up speaking another language and become a naturalized US citizen, does not mean you don't bother to learn to improve so you are better able to speak and comprehend English.

Why the false narrative? I never suggested or even hinted that people should abandon their native culture or language.

They should be, .....

What do you have in mind when you say "national language"? You realize we have no legally prescribed national language, right?
The national language of the USA is undeniably English, for you to pretend otherwise with these silly arguments, is just ludicrous.

I gave you plenty of chances to get to your point, but it's obvious you don't have one. So I'm done wasting time on you.

Forum List

Back