Why are the debating dems speaking Spanish and not Chinese

From Vox, the real reason they spoke Spanish. (By the way, it sounds like Booker sucked.)

The candidates were speaking to a Miami audience — a key voting bloc for Democrats. About 69 percent of Miami residents are Latinx, and most of them feel more comfortable speaking Spanish than English. Democrats really, really need Florida Latinos to vote for them and flip Florida back to blue.

As Latinx Americans noted online, the candidates’ effort to speak Spanish was significant: 41 million people in the US speak Spanish, and it’s rare to be addressed on a national stage and shown that respect.

Spanish-language networks loved hearing Democrats debate en español

If I immigrated to France or Italy I would accept their lanuage and learn their language.
The Democrats who do not accept that we are an English speaking country are bigots.
Don't be ridiculous. They don't accept that we are an English speaking country? What are you smoking?
It's not a bad move to make the effort to speak the native language of 2/3 of your crowd, if only a few sentences. It is a campaign, remember.

I've got no problem with this either, as bilingualism is a great strength for anyone. But if anyone, a candidate for President in particular, is gonna do it then they could at least attempt to sound less condescending and their words in whatever language need to be immediately translated or subtitled for those who speak only English or whatever. Were I a native Spanish speaker, that creaky speak at the debates would likely have made my eardrums run and hide.
Well, there are plenty of speeches and debates coming up, and hopefully the candidates will take all this constructive feedback and come up with something that doesn't make the white guys feel left out. I agree that if a candidate is going to speak in a foreign language, she/he should immediately repeat the phrases in English for the rest of us.
"doesn't make the white guy feel left out....." Perhaps thoughts & prayers would be in order?

lol Norman. This is my country and I won't let some biased person, such as yourself, change that.

Yeah, an invasion of Mexicans can change it all they want, however... and we have to provide them with free health care while they are doing just that.

A true American does not believe that appealing to illegals during an American election is the way to go.
This is not a global event, it is a Nation(al) one.

Nowhere in my post did I speak of illegal immigrants, I spoke of legal immigrants who are now citizens. If they are first generation arrivals they may not have learned English or are not yet proficient in English.

I have no problem with a candidate speaks in Spanish or any other language if they choose to, yet I would like their words to be translated in English as well.

Nowhere in my post did I speak of illegal immigrants, I spoke of legal immigrants who are now citizens. If they are first generation arrivals they may not have learned English or are not yet proficient in English.

I have no problem with a candidate speaks in Spanish or any other language if they choose to, yet I would like their words to be translated in English as well.

Did you forget to sign in to the correct alt? I am not seeing any posts of yours where the word was even mentioned.

All the anti-Americans of the forum are probably the same person messaging in from Mexico.

As usual those unable to truly debate fall to insults to show there loss of ability to debate.

The message your alt account posted was already responded to.

If they can't even comprehend English, they should NOT even be citizens. In this country English is the language of communication, if you have trouble with that, there are other countries. For certain we aren't going to learn new languages because you were too damn dumb to learn the language of the nation.

Since the democrats have no arguments and know that Trump is unstompable, they resort to bribery, pandering and bringing in illegals and censorship. Class act...

The message your alt account posted was already responded to.

If they can't even comprehend English, they should NOT even be citizens. In this country English is the language of communication, if you have trouble with that, there are other countries. For certain we aren't going to learn new languages because you were too damn dumb to learn the language of the nation.

lmao, only right & left extremists need alt accounts. I'm not afraid to speak through this - my only account - to any thread or post on USMB. What are you afraid of Norman?

A true American does not believe that appealing to illegals during an American election is the way to go.
WHO SAID THOSE PEOPLE IN THE AUDIENCE WERE ILLEGAL?
This is a perfect example of the way you MAGA nuts conflate the immigration issue until it is a racist rather than a policy argument.

This is a perfect example of the way you MAGA nuts conflate the immigration issue until it is a racist rather than a policy argument.
You propose a false scenario that no one has offered up. Typical libbie bs trick. No hands were raised about Legals in the audience.
We aren’t speaking about the PC/PR stunt to the few in the audience but rather the millions watching worldwide.

Nobody other than you has suggested it
Typical liberal emotive false proposal.

You propose a false scenario that no one has offered up. Typical libbie bs trick. No hands were raised about Legals in the audience.
We aren’t speaking about the PC/PR stunt to the few in the audience but rather the millions watching worldwide.

Unfortunately, his IQ isn't ready for the fact that the debates were filmed and watched by millions and millions of people worldwide. Can't blame him, the democrats are often not aware of this either and forget the pander mode permanently ON.

I am only now hearing about what in the hell was it that occurred during the fiasco that is the democratic debates. Apparently, the democrats are difficulty recalling whether they are attending an American or a Mexican election.

Buttigieg opens second night of Democratic debate with first answer in Spanish

What in the hell? Close the border immediately and ship the people to their home lands.

Yeah! Can't have Spanish spoken at a debate! I've never heard of such a thing.

Idiot, he was proving that he can speak Spanish, not addressing the American people in Spanish.

Of course, if you viewed the democrat debates and liked what you saw... there is no way you are going to understand these difficult concepts that are obvious to everyone who isn't a functional retard.

Liking what went on in the debate isn't the discussion, it's your apparent disgust at the idea of a presidential candidate speaking a sentence in Spanish during a debate. Buttigieg might be a horrible candidate, but it isn't because he decided to answer a question in Spanish before going back to English. Nor is speaking Spanish something that Americans don't do; millions of Americans speak Spanish.

Forum List

Back