Why Are Some of My Fellow Conservatives Being Irrational About COVID-19 Vaccination?

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

Why do so many people think they can claim "irrational" is defined as "doing anything that isn't what I want" and still call themselves conservative?

Or advocate for government forcing medical decisions on people and still call themselves conservative?

Why do so many people think they can claim "irrational" is defined as "doing anything that isn't what I want" and still call themselves conservative?

Or advocate for government forcing medical decisions on people and still call themselves conservative?
One of my friends here is in the hospital at the moment. He just had open heart surgery to repair a valve that was damaged during a "stress related heart attack" the day after he got his second Covid shot. I have no idea if the "vaccine" he got caused that heart attack but in my opinion, anyone taking a vaccine that was rushed into production without any long term testing is playing Russian Roulette with their health. Now if that's something that someone else chooses to do...then I respect that decision. If someone else "mandates" that I or anyone else has to get a shot to keep a job or travel then they're WAY overstepping their authority! It's amazing how the same liberals that are adamant about a woman's right to make decisions about her body...for some reason don't feel that I or you should have that same right! Just saying...

I guess if Bruce Jenner can call himself a “woman”, then mikegriffith1 can call himself a “conservative”.

One of my friends here is in the hospital at the moment. He just had open heart surgery to repair a valve that was damaged during a "stress related heart attack" the day after he got his second Covid shot. I have no idea if the "vaccine" he got caused that heart attack but in my opinion, anyone taking a vaccine that was rushed into production without any long term testing is playing Russian Roulette with their health. Now if that's something that someone else chooses to do...then I respect that decision. If someone else "mandates" that I or anyone else has to get a shot to keep a job or travel then they're WAY overstepping their authority! It's amazing how the same liberals that are adamant about a woman's right to make decisions about her body...for some reason don't feel that I or you should have that same right! Just saying...

There are entirely too many of these stories now for them all to be coincidence. Or to be "stress related".

At some point the dam is going to break and nurses and drs will start talking.

There are entirely too many of these stories now for them all to be coincidence. Or to be "stress related".

after I got my 2nd shot, I had 2 incidents where my heart sped up to dangerous levels for a few days then came back down.

I asked my cardiologist if the vaccine could do it.

"who knows" was his answer.

if you don't know, don't demand people take it.

Doctors already are. NOW we're seeing studies - carefully ignored by the major media - showing that the Covid vaccines increase the risk of heart inflammation. For most people, it's not a big concern, because it's not a big risk overall. However, the more compromised your heart already is, the higher the risk.

Doctors already are. NOW we're seeing studies - carefully ignored by the major media - showing that the Covid vaccines increase the risk of heart inflammation. For most people, it's not a big concern, because it's not a big risk overall. However, the more compromised your heart already is, the higher the risk.

Getting COVID-19 is much riskier for your heart than vaccination

Health Updated on Jan 21, 2022 — Published on Jan 18, 2022
PBS.org

""The heart has played a central role in COVID-19 since the beginning. Cardiovascular conditions are among the highest risk factors for hospitalization. A significant number of patients hospitalized with SARS-CoV-2 infections have signs of heart damage, and many recover from infection with lasting cardiovascular injury./....

`

Health Updated on Jan 21, 2022 5:00 PM EDT — Published on Jan 18, 2022 2:30 PM EDT
PBS.org

""The heart has played a central role in COVID-19 since the beginning. Cardiovascular conditions are among the highest risk factors for hospitalization. A significant number of patients hospitalized with SARS-CoV-2 infections have signs of heart damage, and many recover from infection with lasting cardiovascular injury./....

`
So those with 4 jabs and got covid twice are how much more at risk..........lmao

Go hide in the closet again.

PBS.org

`
Just ask yourself one question, Abu! Why did the drug companies that fast tracked the "vaccines" demand that they be given protection from lawsuits from any complications arising from taking a vaccine? I don't think most Americans are aware of PREP and what it means.

PBS.org

`

"Look, I found someone on the Internet who says I'm right! That's all I need, now do as I say!"

Please fuck off and go yap around someone else's ankles for attention, stalker.

"Look, I found someone on the Internet who says I'm right! That's all I need, now do as I say!"

Please fuck off and go yap around someone else's ankles for attention, stalker.
PBS is not just "some website," not just some unknown fringe from scraping google, it's a highly credible source.
And it is the SAME opinion you would get from any Legitimate source. (scores more available)
Only YOUR ilk is in the anti-vaxxer Conspiracy realm.

You want to play science with me, come after me you voodoo Twot?
Think again.
`

Is this the part where you on the left claim how much more "intelligent" you are than conservatives, Playtime?

ralphy.jpg

PBS is not just "some website," not just some unknown fringe from scraping google, it's a highly credible source.
And it is the SAME opinion you would get from any Legitimate source. (scores more available)
Only YOUR ilk is in the anti-vaxxer Conspiracy realm.

You want to play science with me, come after me you voodoo Twot?
Think again.
`

No, PBS is a website funded by the government. You might as well just quote me Jen Psaki's press releases and triumphantly proclaim, "So that PROVES it!"

For me to "play science" with you, you would have to first 1) have some science to offer beyond "I found something to cut and paste from the Internet", and 2) have the balls to stand firm and debate, instead of running and hiding to offer useless "You're just so stoopid because you don't agree with me" insults from the shadows.

I'm right here, Sparkles. Come dazzle me with your "science".

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

It is not “irrational” to oppose a mandate. So your question is premised on an error in your thinking.

Why have more people died?
A. A longer time period

B. Refusal of people like you to vaccinate

C. Delta

D. Omicron

A. A "longer period of time" is the fault of the people in charge of health care, because "flattening the curve" prevents herd immunity from ending any epidemic and makes it last longer.

B. Refusal of some people to vaccinate does nothing because less than 1% of the population has been infected, and once infected, are more immune than if they had vaccinated.

C. D. Mutations can not happen that quickly, so these variants likely always existed and just become more common based on what works the best. Its just natural selection, and nothing at all to do with immunity. If immunity varied along with variants, then so would vaccines have to vary. But vaccines have NOT varied. We are still using the exact same vaccine as we did at first.

Totally wrong.
The evidence shows that being vaccinated does not alter your chances of getting infected or passing the infection to others.

Forum List

Back