Why Are Some of My Fellow Conservatives Being Irrational About COVID-19 Vaccination?

mikegriffith1

Mike Griffith
Gold Supporting Member
Oct 23, 2012
Virginia
I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

Not all conservatives are immune from the truth. Good to see you've found some independence.

I am in Michigan. We are in a bad wave. Almost EVERYONE I know who has covid--and that is a lot of people--are fully vaccinated. My count is at least 10. And yes, those who are fully vaccinated are obviously getting it AND transmitting it freely.

I just posted a thread on this, but let's see if your mind is actually open to any information, or if you're just a Vaccine Cultist here to preach.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines
those are all 'opinions' Mike

they've zero science to back them up

because they're not ALLOWED to access it

>>>>>>>

FDA Asks Federal Judge to Grant it Until the Year 2076 to Fully Release Pfizer’s COVID-19 Vaccine Data

The FDA has asked a federal judge to make the public wait until the year 2076 to disclose all of the data and information it relied upon to license Pfizer’s COVID-19 vaccine. That is not a typo. It wants 55 years to produce this information to the public.

~S~

What is most disheartening is that a health emergency that should have drawn us together became a political issue.

I am in Michigan. We are in a bad wave. Almost EVERYONE I know who has covid--and that is a lot of people--are fully vaccinated. My count is at least 10. And yes, those who are fully vaccinated are obviously getting it AND transmitting it freely.

I just posted a thread on this, but let's see if your mind is actually open to any information, or if you're just a Vaccine Cultist here to preach.
How many of them would be much more sick, end up in the hospital or dead without vaccinations?

Yes, you can transmit Delta while vaccinated, but if you are less sick, for shorter period, you transmit less.

Here also, from the latest Gov report from Michigan. And this includes data going back to mid-October, BEFORE the big wave. Beaumont hospital guy says 40% of HOSPITALIZED covid cases are now fully vaccinated (see my thread)

In the last 30 days (Oct 14- Nov 12), 30,906 (28%) of 109,455 cases, 454 (29%) of 1,540 hospitalizations, and 151 (25%) of 605 deaths were among fully vaccinated individuals

I will add this. If you really are conservative, you're letting personal fear override what SHOULD be your principles. And that's....well, that's too bad.

How many of them would be much more sick, end up in the hospital or dead without vaccinations?

Yes, you can transmit Delta while vaccinated, but if you are less sick, for shorter period, you transmit less.

That's not what is happening. People are really, really sick. My coworker has been sick for 10 days, double vaxxed, and even got the monoclonal antibodies.

I do not lie here.

So if you are that sick for that long, there's nothing "magic" about the vaccines that prevents you from spreading to others. You're sick. You're very sick. You're infectious.

Here also, from the latest Gov report from Michigan. And this includes data going back to mid-October, BEFORE the big wave. Beaumont hospital guy says 40% of HOSPITALIZED covid cases are now fully vaccinated (see my thread)

In the last 30 days (Oct 14- Nov 12), 30,906 (28%) of 109,455 cases, 454 (29%) of 1,540 hospitalizations, and 151 (25%) of 605 deaths were among fully vaccinated individuals

I will add this. If you really are conservative, you're letting personal fear override what SHOULD be your principles. And that's....well, that's too bad.

If 100% of people were vaccinated, then 100% of people in the hospital with Covid would be vaccinated. However there would be a lot less hospitalizations overall.

Among the elderly and immuno compromised that are at highest risk of hospitalization vaccination rates are very high.

Typhoid Sue, the Queen of Misinformation chimes in

Also, I am unvaccinated, I have been incredibly healthy while people all around me are getting covid. Fully vaccinated. Could I get it? Yes, I could get it today. But so far, I'm no more behind tons of friends and coworkers.

I know that hurts your feelings because I didn't comply

If 100% of people were vaccinated, then 100% of people in the hospital with Covid would be vaccinated.

Among the elderly and immuno compromised that are at highest risk vaccination rates are very high.

Second one first. Busted argument. Those are the people the vaccines were supposed to help most.

Now the first claim: yes, but you wouldn't expect to see 40% of bursting at the seam hospitals taken over by very sick VACCINATED patients if the vaccines were so great. What's the problem with admitting this? I don't get it. The medicine sucks. Sometimes this happens. So what?

What is most disheartening is that a health emergency that should have drawn us together became a political issue.
So is that all the fault of conservatives like everything else, or do both sides contribute to the politicization of things that shouldn't be politicized?

Also, I am unvaccinated, I have been incredibly healthy while people all around me are getting covid. Fully vaccinated. Could I get it? Yes, I could get it today. But so far, I'm no more behind tons of friends and coworkers.

I know that hurts your feelings because I didn't comply

Typhoid Mary was perfectly healthy too

To safety concerns: If the vaccines are so safe, as just one tiny example, why has Moderna been banned for young people overseas?

Why has Pfizer hidden the data for the next FIFTY years?

Mike? Hello?

You’re dead to me now.

Forum List

Back