Why Are Some of My Fellow Conservatives Being Irrational About COVID-19 Vaccination?

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

Technically we have no idea what the long term side effects of the vaccines are. I doubt if any truly serious side effects will emerge over the next 20 years but who really knows.

In a free nation I personally feel a citizen should have the right to determine if he wants to risk taking a brand new vaccine with a short track record.

I made my decision based on my own risk analysis. I am 75 years old and overweight with a number of medical issues that make me a prime target for the COVID viruses. Therefore I am fully vaccinated with a booster shot.

I think a million dead in the United States alone is significant. Maybe you didn't lose anyone,maybe you were one of the few lucky ones who didn't lose someone to the pandemic or maybe you just want to ignore the facts. I don't know and I don't care. The government has the authority to issue mandates to protect the public safety. That is one of the duties of our government.

Philly just canceled their mask mandate after four days.

That's how much people love the mandates.

Welcome to the backlash.

He galvanized and emboldened the far right wing nuts. Maybe there's a connection with all the gun nuts and other criminals.
ht1fhesulyh51.png

He galvanized and emboldened the far right wing nuts. Maybe there's a connection with all the gun nuts and other criminals.
With all due respect, Stann...violent crime in our cities is not being caused by "gun nuts" or the "far right"! Claiming it is...is ducking the real causation. Nor does it have anything to do with Donald Trump. New York has a gun problem but it's guns in the hands of gang bangers that is the problem and that's taken place because "stop and frisk" policies that had taken guns off the streets were determined by the far left to be "systemically racist" and were eliminated! That's something that could be fixed. We know what works. But we won't do that until people like you stop pretending that it's "far right wing nuts" that are the problem!

You want me to post links on how often I've visited New York City?
No stupid...I want you to post links to this huge demographic shift of New Yorkers to Texas and Florida
If you DO live in New York then you DO know that it's losing it's population and that demographic "shift" is real!
I Do and I'm not seeing anything more than the normal amount of retirees leaving
I'm not quite sure why you'd want to deny that's happening but that's on you.
Because it isn't. Because you're a liar
Not like New York, Stann. Omaha is NOTHING like New York at the moment.
And you know this beause you once visitited Westchester..I see.

looking for a graph

Attachments

• 1650636759621.png
    1650636759621.png
    243.9 KB · Views: 16
Philly just canceled their mask mandate after four days.

That's how much people love the mandates.

Welcome to the backlash.
Giving in to popular wins is very foolish; it is much better to follow the science. As I said, the number of cases, hospitalizations and death toll tells the story. Our ignorance in dealing with this health crisis is very apparent.

No stupid...I want you to post links to this huge demographic shift of New Yorkers to Texas and Florida

I Do and I'm not seeing anything more than the normal amount of retirees leaving

Once visited it? I visited it practically every weekend for the better part of two years! After I dated that girl I dated another who lived right around the corner from the Dakota in Manhattan. I've seen first hand the ebbs and flows of crime in New York City over fifty YEARS! I've seen what works. I've seen what's been an abject failure! If you really DO live in New York City then you know that liberal policies have NOT worked! People are afraid. That's not a right wing talking point as you seem to believe...that's reality! Homeless people with mental issues and gang bangers with guns have made the streets of New York City a war zone. People are tired of it. They're tired of the shut downs. They're tired of the taxes. They're voting with their feet and leaving.

Once visited it? I visited it practically every weekend for the better part of two years! After I dated that girl I dated another who lived right around the corner from the Dakota in Manhattan. I've seen first hand the ebbs and flows of crime in New York City over fifty YEARS! I've seen what works. I've seen what's been an abject failure! If you really DO live in New York City then you know that liberal policies have NOT worked! People are afraid. That's not a right wing talking point as you seem to believe...that's reality! Homeless people with mental issues and gang bangers with guns have made the streets of New York City a war zone. People are tired of it. They're tired of the shut downs. They're tired of the taxes. They're voting with their feet and leaving.
Right so visiting and dating makes you an expert. No facts actually needed

Right so visiting and dating makes you an expert. No facts actually needed
So first you accuse me of not knowing anything about NYC. Then when I point out that I actually know quite a bit about the city and have for the better part of 50 years...you accuse me of not knowing the "facts"? What facts are those, Lesh? That the city saw a nasty spike in gun violence that went away when Rudy G implemented "Stop and frisk"? That for several decades after that NYC was one of the safest big cities in the world? That when liberal Mayors like Bill De Blasio got rid of "Stop & Frisk" because they claimed it was "systemically racist" that NYC once again saw a spike in gun violence? That when liberal DA's started putting criminals back on the streets without bail that those very same criminals once again broke the law?

What "facts" am I missing? (eye roll)

Then when I point out that I actually know quite a bit about the city and have for the better part of 50 years...you accuse me of not knowing the "facts"?
Pointing out that you once dated someone from NY is pointing out NOTHING

Show us FACTS. Show us that crime is substantially higher thsn 2019. That people have moved out of NY in greater numbers than normal

Last edited:
Pointing out that you once dated someone from NY is pointing out NOTHING

Show us FACTS. Show us that crime is substantially higher thsn 2019. That people have moved out of NY in greater numbers than normal
Word comprehension isn't your strong suit...is it, Lesh? I pointed out that I dated TWO different people who lived and worked in the NYC area! I've been a regular visitor to the city for 50 years. I'll never attempt to tell you that I know about LA or San Fran or Chicago. I've never spent much time in any of those places. New York City on the other hand is a city that I'm very familiar with. I remember how bad it was before Rudy G. instituted Stop & Frisk. I remember how much better it became after that was instituted.

The FACT is that Bill De Blasio managed to turn the saftest big city in the world into one where it's citizens are afraid to take the subway!

Last edited:
Word comprehension isn't your strong suit...is it, Lesh? I pointed out that I dated TWO different people who lived and worked in the NYC area! I've been a regular visitor to the city for 50 years. I'll never attempt to tell you that I know about LA or San Fran or Chicago. I've never spent much time in any of those places. New York City on the other hand is a city that I'm very familiar with. I remember how bad it was before Rudy G. instituted Stop & Frisk. I remember how much better it became after that was instituted.

The FACT is that Bill De Blasio managed to turn the saftest big city in the world into one where it's citizens are afraid to take the subway!
FACTS moron. Statistics.

Not "Well I dated some..."

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

if the risk is very low, don't give me experimental vaccines.

don't make masks mandatory

don't fire people for not coming sling on the panic fest.

maybe if it was treated seriously and not weapinized, people would take it seriously too

Forum List

Back