Why Are Some of My Fellow Conservatives Being Irrational About COVID-19 Vaccination?

Seriously

Huh ? You’re rewriting history. The recession that literally stopped the world was seven years into Bush 2 where the economy was collapsing.. Bush 2 was too incompetent to fix anything. Where is the quote by Clinton ? And then there was 911 Bush did nothing to prevent when warned about it then with no just cause, invading a nation with NO WMD. Clinton had nothing to do with it. Clinton tried to fight terrorism, Bush did nothing….we were attacked and had a huge recession under Bush seven years into his presidency. What did Bush do ? Deregulated Banks even more…..
I am aware, and there was a major recession at the end of the Clinton years. I don't care about Bush jr.
Clinton slashed military spending and many FBI and CIA agents retired because they feared that they were vulnerable while in the field. If you watched TV, many of them were telling their story.
Clinton balanced the budget at the expense of the military.
Seriously

Huh ? You’re rewriting history. The recession that literally stopped the world was seven years into Bush 2 where the economy was collapsing.. Bush 2 was too incompetent to fix anything. Where is the quote by Clinton ? And then there was 911 Bush did nothing to prevent when warned about it then with no just cause, invading a nation with NO WMD. Clinton had nothing to do with it. Clinton tried to fight terrorism, Bush did nothing….we were attacked and had a huge recession under Bush seven years into his presidency. What did Bush do ? Deregulated Banks even more…..

I am aware, and there was a major recession at the end of the Clinton years. I don't care about Bush jr.
Clinton slashed military spending and many FBI and CIA agents retired because they feared that they were vulnerable while in the field. If you watched TV, many of them were telling their story.
Clinton balanced the budget at the expense of the military.
I know all about Bush 2. There was a recession at the end of the Clinton years, and it was not the Great Recession.

am aware, and there was a major recession at the end of the Clinton years.
You just started a paragraph with a lie. You have no reference and obviously, you don’t know what constitutes a recession. The recession began months after Bush took office. There was plenty he could do like every dem admin before him, to forestall a recession. He did nothing. At least stop lying about a recession or admit you don’t even know what a recession is. Bush was like a deer in the headlights of a car. He did nothing with economic slow down to prevent a recession, nothing to prevent 911 when warned about it, and nothing about Bin Ladin in Bora BOra. He did nothing to insure there were wmd before invading Iraq by making massive tax cuts then going to a war he could not fund. It’s typical. Repugs are incompetent.

period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.”

Last edited:
You just started a paragraph with a lie. You have no reference and obviously, you don’t know what constitutes a recession. The recession began months after Bush took office. There was plenty he could do like every dem admin before him, to forestall a recession. He did nothing. At least stop lying about a recession or admit you don’t even know what a recession is. Bush was like a deer in the headlights of a car. He did nothing with economic slow down to prevent a recession, nothing to prevent 911 when warned about it, and nothing about Bin Ladin in Bora BOra. He did nothing to insure there were wmd before invading Iraq by making massive tax cuts then going to a war he could not fund. It’s typical. Repugs are incompetent.

period of temporary economic decline during which trade and industrial activity are reduced, generally identified by a fall in GDP in two successive quarters.”
Not the Great recession, but the Clinton recession.

Of course, you really don’t know what a recession is do you ? Clinton had no recession. It’s a GOP myth made up….like Hillary is going to jail. All bull shit. Never seen as big a bunch of bag lappers as republucans and Fix News idiots. You guys buy the tripe they pedal. Of course, you have no reference.

Only Dem President Carter had a recession. Everyother gop had one to two recessions in modern times. Click your heals together three times Dorothy, maybe someone will buy this tripe. Not anyone with the mentality greater then a mature cucumber though. .

There was no Clinton recession. You need to look up what constitutes a recession, then look at the economic indicators during the Clinton admin. Otherwise, you’re just making up shit.

There was no Clinton recession. You need to look up what constitutes a recession, then look at the economic indicators during the Clinton admin. Otherwise, you’re just making up shit.
You are joking, right? Every home had a boat and RV in the driveway, and the stock market was humming. People with no stock purchasing experience bought stocks and made much moolah, until it collapsed.

Clinton and Economic Growth in the '90s - FactCheck.org​

https://www.factcheck.org › 2007/12 › clinton-and-eco...

Dec 7, 2007 — By the time he left office, the economy was slowing rapidly, and it slipped into recession in March 2001, just weeks after George W. Bush was ...

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

The lies and fearmongering on which the entire #CoronaHoax2020 is based; the tyranny and abuse that have been perpetrated in its name, are not conservative values.

If you support any of this bullshit, then you are no more a conservative than Bruce Jenner is a woman.

The lies and fearmongering on which the entire #CoronaHoax2020 is based; the tyranny and abuse that have been perpetrated in its name, are not conservative values.

If you support any of this bullshit, then you are no more a conservative than Bruce Jenner is a woman.
Tump supporters are not conservatives. Who knows what they are?

I did not vote for Joe Biden, but I agree with Biden's vaccine mandate. The vast majority of the new COVID-19 cases and deaths in the last four months have been among the unvaccinated. Thousands of those people would be alive today if they had gotten vaccinated. We gave them over six months to do the right thing. The vaccines are safe and effective, by any reasonable standard. When it comes to a virus, no one is an island; it's not just "my body, my choice" because your choice can harm other people.

My risk of dying from COVID-19 is very low, but I got vaccinated because I don't want to risk infecting others and possibly causing their death. Those who say, "Well, I don't hang around anyone in the high-risk groups." Great, but you might infect other people who do hang around high-risk persons (i.e., the elderly people and the medically ill), and some of those people might die as a result.

Here is some sound scientific information on the safety and effectiveness of the COVID-19 vaccines:

Wrong.
When almost no one was vaccinated, then almost all those dying were unvaccinated.
But now that the majority are vaccinated, then the majority of those dying are vaccinated.

The mRNA vaccines are not at all safe or effective.
The 2nd Modena shot nearly killed me, I was sicker than I had ever been in my whole life, it lasted for months, and my toes are still numb.
The efficacy only STARTS high, but drops to ZERO by 6 months, so is useless as a vaccine.

The main means by which all epidemics normally end is herd immunity.
Which means the faster you spread an infection among those least likely to die, the sooner it is over and it stops killing.
By instead "flattening the curve" with masks and social distancing, we are essentially conserving easy hosts, so preventing covid from ever ending.

Good points.
If anything, I would say Clinton was guilty of inflating the bubble and the recession happened much later as the real estate market dropped due to the inability of people to refinance ARM balloon payments based on the British LIBOR.
And yes, Bush was warned about 9/11 ahead of time, knew about Bora Bora but attacked Saddam instead, etc.
My impression of you went up a few notches.

Wrong.
When almost no one was vaccinated, then almost all those dying were unvaccinated.
But now that the majority are vaccinated, then the majority of those dying are vaccinated.

The mRNA vaccines are not at all safe or effective.
The 2nd Modena shot nearly killed me, I was sicker than I had ever been in my whole life, it lasted for months, and my toes are still numb.
The efficacy only STARTS high, but drops to ZERO by 6 months, so is useless as a vaccine.

The main means by which all epidemics normally end is herd immunity.
Which means the faster you spread an infection among those least likely to die, the sooner it is over and it stops killing.
By instead "flattening the curve" with masks and social distancing, we are essentially conserving easy hosts, so preventing covid from ever ending.
As far as public health goes I believe only medical experts should be calling the shots. The pandemic response in the United States was pitiful, it got off to a very bad start. We are 1/20th of the world population but we ended up with 1/6 of the world's deaths from Covid-19. That is absolutely ridiculous for an advanced nation.

As far as public health goes I believe only medical experts should be calling the shots. The pandemic response in the United States was pitiful, it got off to a very bad start. We are 1/20th of the world population but we ended up with 1/6 of the world's deaths from Covid-19. That is absolutely ridiculous for an advanced nation.
Due to democrat governors in NY, CA and WA putting infected people into nursing homes with the most vulnerable populations.

Not even close.

That “may” have accounted for several thousand deaths… maybe

But nothing approaching the hundreds of thousands we ended up with.

It was Trump
He downplayed the epidemic, he all but ignored prevention measures, any search for a cure. There is no cure for viruses, there are just protective measures.

Except we do NOT have public health care in the US, and the private health care is so corrupt, they control the CDC.
That is why the US got mRNA fakes while the ENTIRE REST of the WORLD, went with real vaccines, containing dead viruses instead.

There is a valid strategy with masks and social distancing, but that ONLY works if you are doing full quarantine, lock down, and contact tracing, like we did for Ebola.
That can end any epidemic ins less than 2 weeks, but is expensive and unnecessary for something like covid.
The lethality for covid is so tiny if you are under 40, that we should have encouraged herd immunity by accelerating the initial spike.

Forum List

Back