Why are so many Americans taking up for drugged out criminals

You can't just kill people because you don't like them.
I agree.

But I do question why we expend so many of our resources on them.
If I could, I'd have the cops and the paramedics quit using Narcan; these people don't place any value on their own lives, why should we?
If they want to commit slow motion suicide with drugs, why should any of us interfere in that?
See #8
What about it?

How does that address my post?
Get a grownup to explain it to you.

if the police quit the good people would take up arms and deal with the thugs the way they need to be,,,

That's against the law. As we're seeing now with the George Floyd case.

As if George Floyd mattered more than the people he stole from.

Sometimes to protect the rights we have under the criminal justice system you have to defend people that the fascists fucked over thinking that no one gives a shit about some "drugged up criminal". We either all have rights or none of us do.
I agree.

But at what point do we stop making extraordinary efforts to extend the life of people dead set on self destruction?
Often against their will?

if the police quit the good people would take up arms and deal with the thugs the way they need to be,,,

That's against the law. As we're seeing now with the George Floyd case.

As if George Floyd mattered more than the people he stole from.
that trial is far from over,,,

and its not illegal to kill someone threatening your life,,,

You can't just kill people because you don't like them.
I agree.

But I do question why we expend so many of our resources on them.
If I could, I'd have the cops and the paramedics quit using Narcan; these people don't place any value on their own lives, why should we?
If they want to commit slow motion suicide with drugs, why should any of us interfere in that?
See #8
What about it?

How does that address my post?
Get a grownup to explain it to you.
Why can't you?

Maybe because you know you're full of shit?

If police brutality is such a common thing, why is there not innocent, non violent, drug free people getting deliberately killed (murdered) by so many cops.
It seems like every incident that plays out, is the cops trying to battle some druggy thief, who's just committed some crime.

Honestly, who really give a fuck about druggy thieves? What's the point of taking up for them? Hell, even their families don't want them around. Especially when they're stoned out of their minds. This is why a LOT of them are homeless. Because their family or friends don't want them living with them.

I know I won't hire someone on drugs, because they'd end up stealing from me. Or come into work high.

They useless. So don't see how so many people can have so much sympathy or empathy for something even they wouldn't hang out with. Much less take them into their homes and try to help them.
I believe a total of 8 black men were killed by police in a yrs period. 5......FIVE lunged forward with weapons

3................THREE were killed other than that. is that rampant????.......Stupidity is what it is

Sometimes to protect the rights we have under the criminal justice system you have to defend people that the fascists fucked over thinking that no one gives a shit about some "drugged up criminal". We either all have rights or none of us do.
I agree.

But at what point do we stop making extraordinary efforts to extend the life of people dead set on self destruction?
Not really sure what you are trying to say. No one trapped in the criminal justice system is under the illusion that there is anyone who gives two shits about them.

If police brutality is such a common thing, why is there not innocent, non violent, drug free people getting deliberately killed (murdered) by so many cops.
It seems like every incident that plays out, is the cops trying to battle some druggy thief, who's just committed some crime.

Honestly, who really give a fuck about druggy thieves? What's the point of taking up for them? Hell, even their families don't want them around. Especially when they're stoned out of their minds. This is why a LOT of them are homeless. Because their family or friends don't want them living with them.

I know I won't hire someone on drugs, because they'd end up stealing from me. Or come into work high.

They useless. So don't see how so many people can have so much sympathy or empathy for something even they wouldn't hang out with. Much less take them into their homes and try to help them.
Botham Jean.

I agree.

Not really sure what you are trying to say. No one trapped in the criminal justice system is under the illusion that there is anyone who gives two shits about them.
It really goes to my previous question to another poster about the use of narcan; Floyd was dying of a drug overdose and I see that a lot at work, so I have formed some opinions about spending time, money, and effort on ODs.
I wasn't trying to address the specific Floyd case.
Sorry; I could have been more clear.

Botham Jean.
Didn't that cop get prosecuted and convicted?

Botham Jean.
10 years in jail for murdering a black man in his own home.

"If police brutality is such a common thing, why is there not innocent, non violent, drug free people getting deliberately killed (murdered) by so many cops."

Botham Jean.
10 years in jail for murdering a black man in his own home.

"If police brutality is such a common thing, why is there not innocent, non violent, drug free people getting deliberately killed (murdered) by so many cops."

the majority get killed because they decided to fight the cop and not the system,,

Homelessness can be brought about by a person's actions or can occur from events that are outside of their control. Many veterans who are addicted to drugs from (and during) war have been given the short straw. There are small-scale efforts (small neighborhoods with small houses being established) to help homeless vets attain their much deserved housing. This effort needs to be put on the front burner in all states with homeless vets.
  • Almost 40,000 veterans are without shelter in the US on any given night.
  • The number of vets experiencing homelessness is down by over 40% since 2011.
  • The leading causes of homelessness among vets are PTSD, social isolation, unemployment, and substance abuse.
  • Veterans account for 11% of homeless adults in the US.
  • California has the highest number of vets living on the streets.
"Between 2019 and 2020, the number of unsheltered veterans increased by six percent, offset by a three percent decline in sheltered veterans. Overall, the number of veterans experiencing homelessness remained unchanged, following considerable reductions in the population in prior years. Increases in unsheltered veterans occurred in all geographic types."

The number of unsheltered people in families with children increased for the first time since data collection began. In 2020, just under 172,000 people in families with children were experiencing homelessness. While most people in families with children were in sheltered locations (90%), the number of unsheltered people in families increased by 13 percent. This increase offset a decline in sheltered people in families with children, so the overall level of family homelessness was essentially the same in 2020 as in 2019.

It's a FAD----like the "lets hate colonialism" of the fifties and the "lets hate capitalism" of the 60s and the "lets
wear sandals" of the 70s------and LOVE-INs

Because they are still human beings and how you treat them tells a lot about you more than it does about the drug user.

The homeless druggy thieves, how do they treat decent hard working, drug free people? They steal from them. They beat them. They disrespect them and their property or businesses.
They don't work so they have to do things for money. Most of the time they steal for it.
For what? Their drugs. Because there's always churches feeding the homeless. Shelters giving them a place to shower and sleep. Passing out tents, clothes and sleeping bags. So the rest of the time, they're stealing for their drugs?
So please tell me, how are people like that supposed to be treated? How would you treat someone who takes a shit around your business or house? How would you treat someone who steals from you? How would you treat someone who beats you to take your money?
These are the kind of people I'm talking about. NOT the ones who just happened to fall on hard times and want to get back on their feet. People who are homeless and still don't use drugs. People who would actually appreciate a help up.
Sure, help those kind of people for as long as it takes.
But it those that would rather stay in the filth because that's where their drugs are.

Forum List

Back