Why are people so damn unhappy and miserable lately?

It is clearly a case of society moving away from a faith in God. Religion is the cement that holds together society. Remove religion and society falls apart. Seems pretty apparent to me.

Ya, religion worked wonders for that lesbian who murdered her daughter because her lesbian lover convinced her the kid was possessed by demons.

Good job God.
Lesbian lovers..... God????? That does not compute.
Hell, at least it doesn't involve assholes.
D4E? It involved him I guess. She posted about it.

Just ask Roadrunner
OJ and Rodney King were Obama's fault too and Obama has failed because he has not reversed several hundred years of racism.

To your point, its certainly true some things are better but for most people, what's happening in their own lives matters a lot more than the big picture.

Obama has increased racism to level not seen in 50 years. He is the most divisive figure in American politics since Benedict Arnold.

Obama openly sides with radical Islam and lies about terrorist attacks. Pisses on our allies while giving nuclear weapons to our enemies.

Last edited:
It is clearly a case of society moving away from a faith in God. Religion is the cement that holds together society. Remove religion and society falls apart. Seems pretty apparent to me.

Ridiculous. Religion causes terrible unhappiness, insecurity, anger, fear, hate. Religion drives a wedge between people.

Read the threads here. Its always the "christians" who whine and complain the most. Its the "christians" who hate their fellow man, hate their planet, hate their government and their society.

I've asked this before but no one has answered - WHY is that? Why doesn't faith give people serenity and peace and security? Why are they here, madly posting their hatred and fear?

The "christians" are even angry and fearful of each other. Read the threads in religion - They're nothing but pissing contests to see who can copy/paste the most bible and therefore, who is the best "christian".

Pretty sad stuff.
Only in people who don't practice it. Most people with religion quietly go through life assured that He guides their path. It seems to me that the atheists are the ones constantly complaining. Yes Dudley, we do have something you don't, but we're willing to share. If you don't want religion, fine. We do and I can't for the life of me, figure out how that hurts you.

I have no doubt there are many real Christians and I know they quietly go about doing good works. You will never ever see me criticize those people.
Yet you jump into anti Christian threads near daily. You're full of shit, boy.

Ya, religion worked wonders for that lesbian who murdered her daughter because her lesbian lover convinced her the kid was possessed by demons.

Good job God.
Lesbian lovers..... God????? That does not compute.
Hell, at least it doesn't involve assholes.
D4E? It involved him I guess. She posted about it.
Not that kind of asshole, butthole excretory kind of physical asshole.

Good job God.

God had nothing to do with a pervert who clearly didn't believe in Him....His mercy isn't automatic for those who defy Him....she made her choices as you have so live with what you've done and don't expect Redemption.

I don't think we're that different then past generations other than we all want to be James Dean or Marilyn Monroe instead of clerks and dock workers. Nothing wrong with that except that at a point one has to know their limitations. And that starts in the public schools where for the last 40 years, kids have been taught leftist lies and mislead about who we are.

Add to that young people have no idea where their food comes from, how this country got rich, or what works and what never will. Fact of the matter is, in my travels I increasingly run into people who have no idea how the car they drive works. That's on the public schools and parents who treat their kids like friends and refuse to grow up themselves.

Ridiculous. Religion causes terrible unhappiness, insecurity, anger, fear, hate. Religion drives a wedge between people.

Read the threads here. Its always the "christians" who whine and complain the most. Its the "christians" who hate their fellow man, hate their planet, hate their government and their society.

I've asked this before but no one has answered - WHY is that? Why doesn't faith give people serenity and peace and security? Why are they here, madly posting their hatred and fear?

The "christians" are even angry and fearful of each other. Read the threads in religion - They're nothing but pissing contests to see who can copy/paste the most bible and therefore, who is the best "christian".

Pretty sad stuff.
Only in people who don't practice it. Most people with religion quietly go through life assured that He guides their path. It seems to me that the atheists are the ones constantly complaining. Yes Dudley, we do have something you don't, but we're willing to share. If you don't want religion, fine. We do and I can't for the life of me, figure out how that hurts you.

I have no doubt there are many real Christians and I know they quietly go about doing good works. You will never ever see me criticize those people.

You missed my point.

I post in anti-christian threads and I post against phony christians.

You will never see me post against real Christians.

And, its certainly not "near daily" but even if it was, that's my right - just as its the right of the radical RW traitors to post hate about their own country.

Pretty sad stuff.

Ernie S.

Do you jump those who are critical of or question the validity other religions?

Didn't think so.

I don't think we're that different then past generations other than we all want to be James Dean or Marilyn Monroe instead of clerks and dock workers. Nothing wrong with that except that at a point one has to know their limitations. And that starts in the public schools where for the last 40 years, kids have been taught leftist lies and mislead about who we are.

Add to that young people have no idea where their food comes from, how this country got rich, or what works and what never will. Fact of the matter is, in my travels I increasingly run into people who have no idea how the car they drive works. That's on the public schools and parents who treat their kids like friends and refuse to grow up themselves.

You make a great point. Our society celebrates and glorifies celebrity. Singers. Actors. Athletes. TV stars.

And we raise kids telling them they're so unique and special and wonderful. And we shield them from disappointment and never teach them how to cope with losing.

So...when they hit adulthood....and havent become a star of some sort or rich and famous....they dont get it. They are special and were supposed to have it all by now. WHO is responsible for them having to work 40 hours a week in a boring thankless job!!!?

You make a great point. Our society celebrates and glorifies celebrity. Singers. Actors. Athletes. TV stars.

And we raise kids telling them they're so unique and special and wonderful. And we shield them from disappointment and never teach them how to cope with losing.

So...when they hit adulthood....and havent become a star of some sort or rich and famous....they dont get it. They are special and were supposed to have it all by now. WHO is responsible for them having to work 40 hours a week in a boring thankless job!!!?
Gee, it's like you know every single family in the USA personally.....and I've never met a job that didn't become routine....

Pretty sad stuff.

You missed my point.

And, its certainly not "near daily" but even if it was, that's my right - just as its the right of the radical RW traitors to post hate about their own country.
Perhaps you should paint with a narrower brush then. Your constant bashing of Christians and religion in general is rarely specific.... or rational.
Sure there are radical Christians. Speak out against assholes that bomb abortion clinics, but don't push your atheism on me and I won't try to save you, OK?

Why are people so miserable and unhappy all the time lately? Its like a mental pandemic or something. Sure..I get fired up over cop hate and animal abuse.

But other than that...life is freaking awesome!

We live longer than ever.
Food bas never tasted better.
Entertainment has NEVER been more vast and available!
Women...get hotter by the day..at least for those of us who can land one.
We have more knowledge and education available to anyone...ever before.
All the opportunity one could dream of exists...and if you are willing to work...you get it.

Damn. Americans...we live a life thats so pampered and fun and comfortable.

But everyone acts like a spoiled brat child whining about all the supposed oppression and unfairness they face and acting like a reality TV drama queer.

Why are people so damn unhappy and miserable lately?

Up here in the northeast it's because of the weather. Six weeks of bleak, gloom, snow and an average temp of 9 degrees and January wasn't any fun either.

I was talking to a meteorologist in California a few weeks ago. He said the terms "global warming" and "ciimate change" really don't cut it. What is happening is "climate reorganization". Canada's patterns have shifted to the south. I can attest to that.

Gee, it's like you know every single family in the USA personally.....and I've never met a job that didn't become routine....

Buy a bar.

A huge number of them just fold when the t-ball trophies and automatic honor roll days are gone.

They commit suicide, lock up in their basement, or get hooked on hard drugs.

Sad.

Maybe we should go back to keeping score in PE.

No but ive met more 18-35 year olds than I could imagine. They all seem to think they should've been destined for something more glamorous. But someone else always oppressed their destiny supposedly.

Buy a bar.
I've worked in bars, they get old also...

No but ive met more 18-35 year olds than I could imagine. They all seem to think they should've been destined for something more glamorous. But someone else always oppressed their destiny supposedly.
What's new, it's something that is generational...It's not like when we went to the school of hard knockers....

Pretty sad stuff.

You missed my point.

Perhaps you should paint with a narrower brush then. Your constant bashing of Christians and religion in general is rarely specific.... or rational.
Sure there are radical Christians. Speak out against assholes that bomb abortion clinics, but don't push your atheism on me and I won't try to save you, OK?

Atheists really ought to organize and get tax-free status like churches and synagogues do. Personally, I think given that there are millions of atheists in this country, we are pretty much a very low key bunch.

When was the last time you had an atheist knock on your door and hand you a flyer? Advertise in the media? Broadcast their sermons on Sunday morning cable television? Consult the POTUS? Deliver a sermon at a presidential inauguration? Erect plaques and Christian art in federal and state buildings?

Christians stop pushing their fairy tale bullshit on me and I won't try to explain reality to them.

Last edited:

A huge number of them just fold when the t-ball trophies and automatic honor roll days are gone.

They commit suicide, lock up in their basement, or get hooked on hard drugs.

Sad.

I was on so many sports teams growing up, the only thing they all had in common was losing..

YES! Real life means winners and losers and if you're continuously getting your ass handed to you, you sure as shit better try something else. And it doesn't cost anything to be a gentleman....losing is part of life and one better accept that and shake the other guy's hand. Ain't how hard ya got hit, what counts is how high ya bounce back.
huh_zps297f809f.png

Forum List

Back