Why are people so damn unhappy and miserable lately?

I swear, they're damn near apologetic about this excellent retirement they've set up for themselves by just being humble in their lives.

It really isn't magic, and I'll bet you they're much more content than the people who are chasing happiness by spending money.

You obviously just don't get it. Today's youth would rather be caught in 50 years with no retirement than be caught dead today without the latest iPhone in their hand.
Sure, the Selfie Generation.

It goes much further, though - all the people who refinanced their homes just to pay off bills and then ran up NEW bills, etc.

Our society in general thinks that material possessions buy happiness.

Only note I have made in the last 25 years was on a tractor.

Five year, no money down, 1/2 percent interest, it was an offer I could not refuse.

Got three more payments!!!!

He's a fucking ultra schizo, frothing at the mouth, hyper leftist partisan hack.

Probably paid to post his prog trash here by the DNC.

I doubt anyone would pay :pillowbite. I point to him as example of what irrational idiots leftists are.
Other leftist idiots would pay other leftist idiots. They're here, and getting paid to post. Don't doubt it for a minute.

rightwinger has already admitted he gets paid to post.

Lush Rimjob has spawned a nation of whiners.

Its the low info Limbaugh/Fox/Briebart types who yammer on and on.

Maybe if I was a fan, I'd be miserable too. As it is, I'm happy, no, I'm downright thrilled with my life. I really could not ask for more.
Of course, being as good a liar as we know you are, it's just natural for one and all to believe you're lying now.

Now THAT is funny.

You lied about what I wrote because you don't have the balls to simply address it.

Maybe if I was a fan, I'd be miserable too. As it is, I'm happy, no, I'm downright thrilled with my life. I really could not ask for more.
Of course, being as good a liar as we know you are, it's just natural for one and all to believe you're lying now.

Now THAT is funny.

You lied about what I wrote because you don't have the balls to simply address it.
I don't address lies, shit for brains, I mock them.

Get used to it or fuck off... I don't care.

Why are people so miserable and unhappy all the time lately? Its like a mental pandemic or something. Sure..I get fired up over cop hate and animal abuse.

But other than that...life is freaking awesome!

We live longer than ever.
Food bas never tasted better.
Entertainment has NEVER been more vast and available!
Women...get hotter by the day..at least for those of us who can land one.
We have more knowledge and education available to anyone...ever before.
All the opportunity one could dream of exists...and if you are willing to work...you get it.

Damn. Americans...we live a life thats so pampered and fun and comfortable.

But everyone acts like a spoiled brat child whining about all the supposed oppression and unfairness they face and acting like a reality TV drama queer.

Lotta contributing factors but my personal hypothesis is that over a dozen years of pointless war and increasing amounts of sexual repression are mostly to blame.
Possibly for your misery, but seeing <2% of Americans are gay and under4% are gay or bisexual, I doubt that sexual repression is in the top 20 reasons people are miserable.
More likely, we are miserable because the American family has been destroyed, the opportunity to achieve the American dream removed from a large segment of society because of failed social engineering experiments that have rendered the US essentially bankrupt while achieving nothing but more misery.
Me? I'm miserable because 60% of my gross income pays for taxes, fees, licenses and foolish regulations that benefit those that pay no taxes, fees. license costs and are encumbered by no foolish regulations.
I'm miserable because our schools devote a month to Martin Luther King and 20 minutes to the US Constitution.
I'm miserable because I am embarrassed by the President of the United States of America. I'm miserable because a young man tried to disarm a police officer and died. I am even more miserable because 40% of Americans think Michael Brown's death was worth rioting, looting and burning over.

Sexual repression? Fuck, boy. Who cares who you booger? Just call it what it is and not what it ain't.

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, and his failures.

But, half of America won't admit it.

Hope and Change is now Hope it Changes.

Yes We Can is replaced with No You Didn't.

The only people who benefitted from Obama were stockholders that sold high under Bush and bought low under Obama.

In a way, you're correct.

There's a large segment of our society that will not take responsibility for their own lives. They need someone to blame and, even though President Obama has actually been a damn good president, the low info types don't think for themselves and he's a convenient target.

Anyone who doubts that should read the threads about Fox/O'Reilly lies.
Ferguson riots and related unrest were because of the failure of Obama to improve life in the hoods.

You don't think anybody really gave a shit about that dead "kid"?

Take Ferguson, and even throw in OJ, Rodney King and everything in the Sixties all put together, it's still a picnic in the park compared to what was going on a hundred years ago in this country. Race riots on an enormous scale... black people being lynched everywhere, burned alive, body parts dragged through town... Ku Klux Klan restarted... it ain't even close.

Just ask Roadrunner
OJ and Rodney King were Obama's fault too and Obama has failed because he has not reversed several hundred years of racism.

To your point, its certainly true some things are better but for most people, what's happening in their own lives matters a lot more than the big picture.
Truth is, he reversed 100 years of racial progress, widening a gap that was almost closing.

We have gone backwards in many ways under this incompetent charlatan.

It is clearly a case of society moving away from a faith in God. Religion is the cement that holds together society. Remove religion and society falls apart. Seems pretty apparent to me.

Ya, religion worked wonders for that lesbian who murdered her daughter because her lesbian lover convinced her the kid was possessed by demons.

Good job God.
Lesbian lovers..... God????? That does not compute.

Americans are spoiled and a high percentage are on mind altering prescription medications to try to fix a personality shortcoming.

It is clearly a case of society moving away from a faith in God. Religion is the cement that holds together society. Remove religion and society falls apart. Seems pretty apparent to me.

Ya, religion worked wonders for that lesbian who murdered her daughter because her lesbian lover convinced her the kid was possessed by demons.

Good job God.
Lesbian lovers..... God????? That does not compute.
Hell, at least it doesn't involve assholes.

Ridiculous. Religion causes terrible unhappiness, insecurity, anger, fear, hate. Religion drives a wedge between people.

Read the threads here. Its always the "christians" who whine and complain the most. Its the "christians" who hate their fellow man, hate their planet, hate their government and their society.

I've asked this before but no one has answered - WHY is that? Why doesn't faith give people serenity and peace and security? Why are they here, madly posting their hatred and fear?

The "christians" are even angry and fearful of each other. Read the threads in religion - They're nothing but pissing contests to see who can copy/paste the most bible and therefore, who is the best "christian".

Pretty sad stuff.
Funny, you don't have a better example of religion causing problems in this world than Christianity........ I quit coming to this site because of liberal pussies like you.

Except for ra

Now THAT is funny.

I know you don't care.

Indeed, you take pride in being an habitual lying hypocrite with no balls. You proved that when you lied about what I actually wrote.

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:

BARACK HUSSEIN OBAMA, and his failures.

But, half of America won't admit it.

Hope and Change is now Hope it Changes.

Yes We Can is replaced with No You Didn't.

The only people who benefitted from Obama were stockholders that sold high under Bush and bought low under Obama.

There's a large segment of our society that will not take responsibility for their own lives. They need someone to blame and, even though President Obama has actually been a damn good president, the low info types don't think for themselves and he's a convenient target.

Ferguson riots and related unrest were because of the failure of Obama to improve life in the hoods.

Take Ferguson, and even throw in OJ, Rodney King and everything in the Sixties all put together, it's still a picnic in the park compared to what was going on a hundred years ago in this country. Race riots on an enormous scale... black people being lynched everywhere, burned alive, body parts dragged through town... Ku Klux Klan restarted... it ain't even close.

Just ask Roadrunner
OJ and Rodney King were Obama's fault too and Obama has failed because he has not reversed several hundred years of racism.

To your point, its certainly true some things are better but for most people, what's happening in their own lives matters a lot more than the big picture.
Truth is, he reversed 100 years of racial progress, widening a gap that was almost closing.

:bsflag:

Just ask Roadrunner

:bsflag:

But you are the Board Liar.

I learned that the first day here.

Ridiculous. Religion causes terrible unhappiness, insecurity, anger, fear, hate. Religion drives a wedge between people.

Read the threads here. Its always the "christians" who whine and complain the most. Its the "christians" who hate their fellow man, hate their planet, hate their government and their society.

I've asked this before but no one has answered - WHY is that? Why doesn't faith give people serenity and peace and security? Why are they here, madly posting their hatred and fear?

The "christians" are even angry and fearful of each other. Read the threads in religion - They're nothing but pissing contests to see who can copy/paste the most bible and therefore, who is the best "christian".

Pretty sad stuff.
Funny, you don't have a better example of religion causing problems in this world than Christianity........ I quit coming to this site because of liberal pussies like you.

Except for ra

Now THAT is funny.

I know you don't care.

Indeed, you take pride in being an habitual lying hypocrite with no balls. You proved that when you lied about what I actually wrote.

:eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar::eusa_liar:
You've already lost this round, dumbass.

You talk more leftist shit and lies here than just about anyone.

Fuck off.

Pretty sad stuff.
Only in people who don't practice it. Most people with religion quietly go through life assured that He guides their path. It seems to me that the atheists are the ones constantly complaining. Yes Dudley, we do have something you don't, but we're willing to share. If you don't want religion, fine. We do and I can't for the life of me, figure out how that hurts you.

Pretty sad stuff.

Except for ra

Now THAT is funny.

I know you don't care.

You've already lost this round, dumbass.

You talk more leftist shit and lies here than just about anyone.

Fuck off.
Wait a minute there. Luddley declared himself the winner. It must be so. He is, after all, an enlightened Liberal.

Pretty sad stuff.
Only in people who don't practice it. Most people with religion quietly go through life assured that He guides their path. It seems to me that the atheists are the ones constantly complaining. Yes Dudley, we do have something you don't, but we're willing to share. If you don't want religion, fine. We do and I can't for the life of me, figure out how that hurts you.

I have no doubt there are many real Christians and I know they quietly go about doing good works. You will never ever see me criticize those people.

BTW ... As I have said many times, I also have great respect for true Conservatives.

Forum List

Back