Why are not Adam and Eve given more prominent status in church doctrine?

I mean others from biblical times are portrayed with statues etc. We give a lot of homage to God, Jesus and various prophets but other than the mention in Genesis, we speak little of Adam and Eve. After all, are they not literally the Father and Mother of all mankind??

Who is this "we" you're talking about?

Adam and Eve are portrayed in numerous famous works of art. However, the reason they are not mentioned in sermons and such as often as the prophets and Apostles is pretty obvious when you think about it: the prophets and Apostles wrote down large chunks of the Scripture. Adam and Eve didn't write anything, and didn't really say or do much in the Bible. Once you get past, "They were created, they sinned, then they had children", there really isn't a lot else to talk about.

Why the Father of all mankind is given scant recognition in Church doctrine beyond Genesis? ...seems he should be more revered than he is. Hell even Noah should be revered more than he is..didn't he save mankind from the brink of extinction. Anyway on a side note, found this..did you know there is no record or mention of how Eve died...From Adam to Noah to Abraham to David to Jesus

Why would he be revered more than he is? He existed; he fell; he produced offspring. He didn't actually do much, doctrinally speaking. Just because he was the first guy doesn't mean he wasn't just a guy.

Why would there be a mention of how Eve died? Is it relevant to something? Given how long she lived, my personal guess would be she died of old age.

You have no alternative explanation as to how we got here or why.

That is so simple.
The whole universe is made from varying degrees of known chemicals etc. Carbon, oxygen hydrogen and many more.
Those chemicals are what makes us including DNA. There is no doubt we evolved from a single celled omeba
which with little doubt originated in thenoceNs to eventually evolve to what we are today.

Your hypothesis is some magical ghost clicked his fingers and we magically appeared. So, exactly when was that?
Put a date on it and I check it.
If we were created by your God, exactly what did he create us from? That answer should be interesting.

When you consider the enormity of the universe and complexity of how it is strategically position and still expanding, you want civilisation to belief all that was done by a ghost who has never been seen or heard of for over 2000 years, You devote you life to worshipping this ridiculous diety and then take non believers as being foolish for not u understanding nor having alternative explanations.

You godbotherers have ignorant and stupidity ingrained into you. Its even arrogant how you could dismiss others beliefs only to suggest your fanciful logic is the only answer.
You were probobly infected by religion by your equally stupid parents and by theirs also. You gave never formed an opinion be abuse live under the eternal threat of not achieving eternity or something.

There is No God, heaven or hell and you know it. You have been conned by a very old trick. You have no evidence of anything religious you will belch in your lifetime. Nothing. It's all lies.
Every time you reply I get another whack at you. It's about now you wished you hadn't opened your ignorant mouth.

Why would he be revered more than he is? He existed; he fell; he produced offspring. He didn't actually do much, doctrinally speaking. Just because he was the first guy doesn't mean he wasn't just a guy.

Why would there be a mention of how Eve died? Is it relevant to something? Given how long she lived, my personal guess would be she died of old age.

It would have more relevance had they both existed. They didn't. Same for the talking snake and the first apple.
Come in comrade. Lets inject a few common sense facts into this religious crap before half th er world thinks it's true.

There's a lot of information about Adam and Eve...
Most people miss the morals and instead focus on the story.

Adam wasn't a completely wretched creature....after all he talked to God on a daily basis. And in case someone hasn't said it yet his name was likely not Adam...that was his title. Adam today is a tag by which we name people...but it wasn't his. It might have been but I doubt it.

There's a lot of information about Adam and Eve...
Most people miss the morals and instead focus on the story.

Adam wasn't a completely wretched creature....after all he talked to God on a daily basis. And in case someone hasn't said it yet his name was likely not Adam...that was his title. Adam today is a tag by which we name people...but it wasn't his. It might have been but I doubt it.

How arrogant of you to suggest you know God spoke to Adam on a daily basis. It's total rubbish. There is no evidence whatsoever either ever existed. None. To believe otherwise is delusional.

How arrogant of you to suggest you know God spoke to Adam on a daily basis. It's total rubbish. There is no evidence whatsoever either ever existed. None. To believe otherwise is delusional.
I believe the scriptures. Apparently you do not.

I believe the scriptures. Apparently you do not.

I can see you believe that but what is unbelievable is how you could possibly believe it to be true and factual.
No doubt you believe in immaculate conceptions and virgin births.
I know both of those are physically impossible and so do you.
You can believe a lie forever and it's still a lie. You have been conned.

I can see you believe that but what is unbelievable is how you could possibly believe it to be true and factual.
No doubt you believe in immaculate conceptions and virgin births.
I know both of those are physically impossible and so do you.
You can believe a lie forever and it's still a lie. You have been conned.
Yeah....but you believe that a tornado can hit a home Depot and then deposit homes out of the destruction.

I'm not the one believing in fantasy. I've seen what happens when a tornado hits a home Depot...it isn't pretty.

Yeah....but you believe that a tornado can hit a home Depot and then deposit homes out of the destruction.

I'm not the one believing in fantasy. I've seen what happens when a tornado hits a home Depot...it isn't pretty.

How could an atheist like me believe that shit. Don't divert. You have been conned by religion and feel stupidly guilty so you invent fantastic scenarios to justify it.
I dont care if a tornado goes through you head. Where's the relevance of that to God? You are a delusional godbotherer.

Ah yes read something about that..'Original sin is the Christian doctrine that humans inherit a tainted nature and a proclivity to sin through the fact of birth'..your already sinning before you even learn to speak or walk...great religious tenet there.

Otiginal sin wasn't Christian doctrine until the 3rd century AD.

How could an atheist like me believe that shit. Don't divert. You have been conned by religion and feel stupidly guilty so you invent fantastic scenarios to justify it.
I dont care if a tornado goes through you head. Where's the relevance of that to God? You are a delusional godbotherer.
More ad hominem attacks? You got nothing other than that? ROFL...
And the funniest part is that you actually think it works. (Obviously, because you tried it)
See...I know God on a personal basis. You don't. The Creator of the Universe knows me and my name and He has defined me...your slurs while hiding behind internet anonymity are pathetic.
Just saying....might want to rethink "How to Win Friends and Influence People". Your current M O isn't exactly working for you.

That is so simple.
The whole universe is made from varying degrees of known chemicals etc. Carbon, oxygen hydrogen and many more.
Those chemicals are what makes us including DNA. There is no doubt we evolved from a single celled omeba
which with little doubt originated in thenoceNs to eventually evolve to what we are today.

Your hypothesis is some magical ghost clicked his fingers and we magically appeared. So, exactly when was that?
Put a date on it and I check it.
If we were created by your God, exactly what did he create us from? That answer should be interesting.

When you consider the enormity of the universe and complexity of how it is strategically position and still expanding, you want civilisation to belief all that was done by a ghost who has never been seen or heard of for over 2000 years, You devote you life to worshipping this ridiculous diety and then take non believers as being foolish for not u understanding nor having alternative explanations.

You godbotherers have ignorant and stupidity ingrained into you. Its even arrogant how you could dismiss others beliefs only to suggest your fanciful logic is the only answer.
You were probobly infected by religion by your equally stupid parents and by theirs also. You gave never formed an opinion be abuse live under the eternal threat of not achieving eternity or something.

There is No God, heaven or hell and you know it. You have been conned by a very old trick. You have no evidence of anything religious you will belch in your lifetime. Nothing. It's all lies.
Every time you reply I get another whack at you. It's about now you wished you hadn't opened your ignorant mouth.
I think we were programed at an early age ..in that if you start to doubt what we are peddling it is because the devil is trying to get you to deny God and if you do you are going straight to hell to burn for ever. A lot of people have not been able to shake off that programming.

I think we were programed at an early age ..in that if you start to doubt what we are peddling it is because the devil is trying to get you to deny God and if you do you are going straight to hell to burn for ever. A lot of people have not been able to shake off that programming.

Every child is born an atheist and that's a fact. Their parents infect them with some filthy religion soon after because they don't want their children to be different.
There is No programming by anyone but parents supported by the lies and myths if some filthy religion.

It's common for godbotherers who hit a wall debating, to swing out the favourite old threat that eternal fire awaits for recalitrants. Heard it a million comrade.

There is no hell and would never like to see anyone go there. If there were, all those people and priests who indoctrinate kids with fear and threats of hell etc are prime candidates to be sent there.
Don't try to spray your religious bullshit on me. You're not in the hunt son. You have no evidence of anything and never will. You are a fraudulent charlatan.

Every child is born an atheist and that's a fact. Their parents infect them with some filthy religion soon after because they don't want their children to be different.
There is No programming by anyone but parents supported by the lies and myths if some filthy religion.

It's common for godbotherers who hit a wall debating, to swing out the favourite old threat that eternal fire awaits for recalitrants. Heard it a million comrade.

There is no hell and would never like to see anyone go there. If there were, all those people and priests who indoctrinate kids with fear and threats of hell etc are prime candidates to be sent there.
Don't try to spray your religious bullshit on me. You're not in the hunt son. You have no evidence of anything and never will. You are a fraudulent charlatan.
Saying that children are indoctrinated at a very early age to not question what is being told to them by believers or they will burn in hell is agreeing with you..not spraying religious bullshit.

Saying that children are indoctrinated at a very early age to not question what is being told to them by believers or they will burn in hell is agreeing with you..not spraying religious bullshit.
They age I am referring to is 4 years old.
They belt it to them early to frighten the shit out of them to not question it later. Children are extremely vulnerable which is why they do it. As there life continues very few question it as it is community accepted to be seen to worship a ghost.

My point is, not One word ever spoken about God or religion has ever been validated. Not one. The whole regime or movement is completely false and the greatest con ever inflicted on the human race. To promote it as anything else should be a crime. Those ruining children's lives with religious threats should be in prison for child abuse.

Do you want to go on with you pathetic justifications?

They age I am referring to is 4 years old.
They belt it to them early to frighten the shit out of them to not question it later. Children are extremely vulnerable which is why they do it. As there life continues very few question it as it is community accepted to be seen to worship a ghost.

My point is, not One word ever spoken about God or religion has ever been validated. Not one. The whole regime or movement is completely false and the greatest con ever inflicted on the human race. To promote it as anything else should be a crime. Those ruining children's lives with religious threats should be in prison for child abuse.

Do you want to go on with you pathetic justifications?
Read my commnets a little more closely..where am I justifying the indoctrination of children by believers.

I mean others from biblical times are portrayed with statues etc. We give a lot of homage to God, Jesus and various prophets but other than the mention in Genesis, we speak little of Adam and Eve. After all, are they not literally the Father and Mother of all mankind??
because the whole Adam and Eve story is bogus. Supposedly they were the 1st two humans and they had 2 sons Cain and Able. The bible states that Cain and Able took wives. Now where did the wives come from?
does the church really want people looking into to this fairy tale?

Forum List

Back