Why are Leftists mostly atheists?

If they... the Leftists ... knew they are going to suffer like they never knew they could suffer.....

so they become atheists....in the stupid belief nothing will happen to them

oh how wrong they are....
I know plenty of atheists that would get into heaven before a nasty person like you.

It's just a matter of waiting ...right?

You wait and see
Nah, I'll just make the most of the time I have. You go ahead and waste it, waiting for the magical afterlife.

You just harm any animal or hunt or make animal life suffer........you just wait and see.....GOD is waiting for you.....up there.... to show you the kind way.

HIS way.

The secular state is all about protecting animals

Eagle+egg.jpg

In fact, the people in Biblical times often worshipped animals or the sun or moon.

For you see, you either worship creation or the Creator.

obama_messiah.jpg
Thats nice. Get all the whining out of your system. Personally, I'm against abortion. I am just not so deluded and self important enough to think I have a magical sky wizard telling me I get to decide for others.

If they... the Leftists ... knew they are going to suffer like they never knew they could suffer.....

so they become atheists....in the stupid belief nothing will happen to them

oh how wrong they are....
I know plenty of atheists that would get into heaven before a nasty person like you.

It's just a matter of waiting ...right?

You wait and see
Nah, I'll just make the most of the time I have. You go ahead and waste it, waiting for the magical afterlife.

You just harm any animal or hunt or make animal life suffer........you just wait and see.....GOD is waiting for you.....up there.... to show you the kind way.

HIS way.
Which god? Lots of gods out there...I hope it's the god of hookers and coke...

There is only ONE

The only One and Eternal and Immortal GOD OF LOVE AND LIFE ......BLess His Name

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.
Maybe because they rationally think God does not exist

American Creation: Thomas Paine's Common Sense, as heard by the American Colonists

I was reading Thomas Paines "Common Sense", when it all hit me as to why Leftists are mostly atheists.

Thomas discusses the scripture 1 Samuel 8 in his pamphlet Common Sense that was instrumental in gaining support for the American Revolution. Why? Because Thomas was telling people that rejecting a human king, like the Kind of England, had a Biblical basis. The chapter has to do with the people of Israel demanding a king. Up until that time, the Hebrew nation was only held together via judges that maintained peace in society. However, some of these judges became corrupt and the people tired of enemies with kings and armies constantly at their heels, so they wanted a king of their own to fight them off.

Samuel is upset by their request as he goes before God and discusses the situation with him. God tells him that the people are rejecting him as their king, and tells Samuel to give them a warning of what will happen to them if a sinful man becomes their king by giving them example after example of how they will be abused and mistreated. However, the people will not be swayed and demand their king, so God gives them Saul their first king.

From then on, the Hebrew nation spirals downward into oblivion until the Hebrew people become swallowed up by the Gentile nations and eventually into the ovens of Europe because they did not heed the warnings.

At our core we all demand a king, well, at least most of us. We all have an innate need to look to a higher power for help in a world that is dark and unjust with the knowledge that we can't do it alone.

So those of faith who choose God as their king and atheists choose a human king, or the state.

It's just that simple.
Education tends to make doGs less relevant. You can explain things with logic and intelligence rather than faith.

According to PEW....only 3.1% of Americans are atheist. Even if they all are leftist, that doesn’t come close to most.
Well, because the Right are mostly ChINOs, Christians in name only for political purposes only, they assume everyone else is as Atheistic as themselves.

Wishful thinking.

Don't be surprised if your God gives YOU the "reward" you wish on others!!!!!

Don't forget, Ayn Rand's Objectivist philosophy strongly endorses Atheism.

I'm not sure how that addresses the OP's question about why leftists are mostly Atheists.
And I am highlighting that some people feel conservative religious philosophies are tainted by hate. Surely you would agree that a lot people become secular, because of the bigotry associated with religious philosophies.

I'm not sure how that addresses the OP's question about why leftists are mostly Atheists.
And I am highlighting that some people feel conservative religious philosophies are tainted by hate. Surely you would agree that a lot people become secular, because of the bigotry associated with religious philosophies.

I don't see that. Not all religious philosophies are tainted with bigoted associations. I'm a Jew, I have no problem reconciling my religious, political, and scientific beliefs. Unitarian Xtians are some of the most politically liberal persons around. Hitler was, at one time, a practicing Catholic but neo-Nazis are vehemently anti-Papist.

Associating all faiths and all personal beliefs with immoral people who also have religious beliefs is no different than using the actions of some immoral people to justify racism.

I don't see that
You don't? you can't, despite your best effort, understand how a progressive/liberal/whatever would be turned away from religion by its bigotry and misplaced authoritarianism held by creepy men in funny clothes and vain, vengeful, evil sky wizards?

Seems all too clear to me.

Forum List

Back