Why an atheist

Lolwut can be a reply to all your posts. It's no big deal. Just cicada metamorphosis.
or an interpretive metaphysical reason for the development of physiology and its spiritual content in relation of an ultimate evolutionary goal, that is not atheism.

your c bible is not the explanation for life's beginning, development or future goal - it relates namely to narrow selfcentered goals and self induced servitude as hopeless sinners referred to as - family values - at the expense of the true interpretation of 1st century liberation theology that ultimately was crucified than to share together the collective wealth for those who triumph properly between good vs evil irregardless of any other consideration.

your c bible is not the explanation for life's beginning, development or future goal - it relates namely to narrow selfcentered goals and self induced servitude as hopeless sinners referred to as - family values - at the expense of the true interpretation of 1st century liberation theology that ultimately was crucified than to share together the collective wealth for those who triumph properly between good vs evil irregardless of any other consideration.
Just accept :p = lolwut.

It is not unusual for girls today to become sexually active. What's the difference?
You see no difference between a teenager having sex with another teenager and a teenager having sex with an adult or being force to marry a guy twice her age?

And how is that working out? Taking away free play and replacing them with play dates and organized team sports. For five-year-olds.
You missed the point as usual.

The entire concept of childhood is a recent societal construct.

Reviewing just how much it has changed during our own lifetimes is fascinating.
Yeah it's getting longer and longer.

There used to be a pretty sharp line between children and adults and that line was 18 years old now we see it pushed up to 22 and even 26 in some cases

True, very recently in some ways. But I was mainly referring to the change from 21 to 18 that happened just prior to Reagan. I'd forgotten how strange that seemed at the time. You could vote but still not drink, for example.
"The 26th Amendment (passed and ratified in 1971) prevents states from setting a voting age higher than 18." - Wikipedia. Some States lowered it to 12.
"The notion of a child as active social actor and agent was, still, left out. About the emergence of change in perceptions about children, James (2009) traces the date back to 1970s from where after children started to be seen as ‘social actor’" - from previous link.
I recall all that, but nowhere near so distinctly. From "operationmilitarykids.org/"
Here are the minimum and maximum ages required to join the U.S. Army:

Enlisted

Minimum Age: 17 years old (with parental consent)
Navy same:
navy-age-limit1.jpg

Still can't vote or drink, but hey.. cannon fodder? No problem!

Last edited:
A little old, but some interesting study results:

... religious children would more heavily rely on religion to justify their false categorizations.

they've been using false religion particularly since the 4th century to circumvent accountability they justify through misrepresentation of actual events for their own nefarious agendas.

and by doing so create an alternative where natural inclination in most cases would be the correct avenue in fulfilling spiritual tranquility.

- a book written by the crucifiers about the crucified.

The lolable "science" or propaganda of evolution didn't stop them. Instead, we know that it fueled them. We know Darwinism led to the Holocaust and Nazism, Maoism, Stalinism, Marxism (communism), and atheism. For today's regular atheists and sinners with their "I can get away with it" attitudes, it's a good thing we have jails, prisons, and maximum security institutions to handle their crimes.

Yep, social darwinism....always a good time....

That's right I can't. So where does the credit go for ending it? Not the Bible... yet the Bible was around for a lot of slavery. Hmm.

You're getting warmer....
Well it hasn't ended....so no one. But in the US it goes to abolitionists.....who were devout christians............so the Bible gets an assist......

Well it hasn't ended....so no one. But in the US it goes to abolitionists.....who were devout christians............so the Bible gets an assist......

what were abolitionist were not christians in this country -

1636657393670.png

the bible belt went to war to own their slaves.

what were abolitionist were not christians in this country -

View attachment 562877

the bible belt went to war to own their slaves.

Although many Enlightenment philosophers opposed slavery, it was Christian activists, attracted by strong religious elements, who initiated and organized an abolitionist movement

CAn you fucking use Google, how many times do I have to shit on you lefties, for simply being lazy or afraid to search for truth?

People know this truth, I went to public school in the 80s and know this....how do you not know this?

Most people are handed their religious beliefs like an inheritance, something you are given as a family heirloom and never question. Consequently I believe that most of our everyday Christian beliefs are quite shallow. Even those who seem devout have never really given their religion the kind of attention it needs.

I come from a non religious family, with no religious relatives. Of course God was always there but simply as a picture on the wall, nothing to make it real. It was like getting up in the morning, you always do it but it hasn't any real meaning in your life.

Like so many high schoolers I began to question, but I began to question what I was not taught. Why was it that so many people seemed to believe in god and I did not? I began to read and would continue to do so for the next couple of decades.

I am not passing myself off as a bible scholar. Nor am I saying that those years were spent in intensive academic study, nothing like that. Now and then I would simply read books, mostly histories of biblical times that traced the evolution of Christian beliefs as events unfolded. The faith continues to evolve even today. It always seemed to be a question of "change or die", and change it did.

So unlike many true believers, who view the bible as a constant, I see the Bible being constantly "reinterpreted" in order not to fall victim to current events.

What the fanatics like fail to realize is that the Bible made less history than it followed. They go to "bibel collage" swallowing whole the dogma of their particular bent. Never realizing that the "never changing" faith they profess to hold bears little resemblance to the same faith of a couple hundred years ago. To question is to blaspheme and that is never good.

I am now finished questioning. It has been over for very long time. I still read now and again but it is pretty much over. Been there, done that. I have reached a conclusion and now all that matters is that I keep reasonably current. I try to pay attention to new thoughts but I don't need to constantly rehash the old.

I wish it had turned out otherwise. I really wanted to believe but I could not settle for blind belief. Everyone knows, or should know, that there is not one objective fact to support the existence of a god, any god.

I suppose, like most things, there are many routes to atheism. I have no idea. I only know a couple of people who say they are atheists. I know for sure that it is difficult for believers and atheists to have a civil discussion. I have no idea why that is. Perhaps because religion needs faith, blind faith, and it seems to me that an atheist must be a questioner.

Oddly enough, some of the best discussions I have had were with a Lutheran Pastor.

All I do know is that we should not put everyone in the same bag. There are good and bad people in every belief system. Some of the best folks I know are Christians. Some of the worst folks I know are Christians. As I said, I don't know enough atheists to matter.

So to all those of faith out there who use their beliefs to better their lives and the lives of others I say, "good for you". To all those who use their faith as a place to reinforce their hatreds and bigotry I say, "Damn you"!

I was in a very similar place as you were.

It's great that you point to the distinction between "knowing" and "seeking".

In the end, I think people are less devided between the question of faith vs. atheism, but the rift is between those who believe they have all the answers and those who constantly keep seeking -- regardless if they are religious or atheists.

Forum List

Back