Why an atheist

Trial and error.
Doubtful. The 'trial' I'll go along with. Each generation wants to try something the previous generation shrugged off that the generation before them had tried. The one thing we have learned is that mankind learns nothing from trial and error and has doomed themselves to an unending circle.

Doubtful. The 'trial' I'll go along with. Each generation wants to try something the previous generation shrugged off that the generation before them had tried. The one thing we have learned is that mankind learns nothing from trial and error and has doomed themselves to an unending circle.
Link?

When humans weren't living in large immobile societies they had a completely different set of moral that worked for their survival.

When people started living in larger and larger settlements it was quickly learned that what was acceptable in the tribal society was no longer going to work so morals and behaviors changed and they are still changing to this day.

Lovely, but how does any of that address the topic? You simply presume that non-religious folk never develop equivalent morals or legal customs until some Jesus or Moses character happens by and straightens them out, perhaps after performing a miracle or three to keep them from falling asleep during the lecture. A constant goalpost shifting exercise, listening to bucky up there. Why an atheist? Why not? So little substance hitting the mark here.

or an interpretive metaphysical reason for the development of physiology and its spiritual content in relation of an ultimate evolutionary goal, that is not atheism.

When humans weren't living in large immobile societies they had a completely different set of moral that worked for their survival.

When people started living in larger and larger settlements it was quickly learned that what was acceptable in the tribal society was no longer going to work so morals and behaviors changed and they are still changing to this day.
Okay. Do you think this mean morals are not needed (and were never needed) for city living (large communities) only in small communities?

Okay. Do you think this mean morals are not needed (and were never needed) for city living (large communities) only in small communities?
Anytime people live together a set of acceptable and unacceptable behaviors was adopted.

That set of behaviors has been constantly changing as our society has changed and will continue to do so as long as society keeps changing

That set of behaviors has been constantly changing as our society has changed and will continue to do so as long as society keeps changing
We are still engaging in the same behaviors today as we did thousands of years ago. That has not changed.

how did science stop hitler, mao. and stalin?
The lolable "science" or propaganda of evolution didn't stop them. Instead, we know that it fueled them. We know Darwinism led to the Holocaust and Nazism, Maoism, Stalinism, Marxism (communism), and atheism. For today's regular atheists and sinners with their "I can get away with it" attitudes, it's a good thing we have jails, prisons, and maximum security institutions to handle their crimes.

Slavery still exists today........its simply re-defined as the penal system.
Obviously far morally and ethically superior to stoning people in the streets via kangaroo courts.

You guys need to give it up. Literally EVERY attempt you make to argue against what I said will only really result in strengthening my points. because time and progress have marched in only one direction. All of the facts of history stand against you and support me.

We are still engaging in the same behaviors today as we did thousands of years ago. That has not changed.
For some apparently, such as completely ignoring all provided facts and continuing to spout their warm, fuzzy convictions like they just don't care.

For some apparently, such as completely ignoring all provided facts and continuing to spout their warm, fuzzy convictions like they just don't care.
Your argument failed when you said "facts, " because you don't understand what facts are. Evolution is " the "warm, fuzzy convictions" that you atheists have and it means death instead of life. No life came from non-life and it has been disproven by the scientific method. If you hit an atheist in the head with a sledgehammer, then they still wouldn't get it. They won't accept the scientific method if it goes against their "warm, fuzzy convictions."

Your argument failed when you said "facts, " because you don't understand what facts are. Evolution is " the "warm, fuzzy convictions" that you atheists have and it means death instead of life. No life came from non-life and it has been disproven by the scientific method. If you hit an atheist in the head with a sledgehammer, then they still wouldn't get it. They won't accept the scientific method if it goes against their "warm, fuzzy convictions."
Feel better now? Have a tissue..

Let's try another way since Halloween just passed. Do you believe in demonic possession? It may not be of a person, but a place of residence, too.
How's this. If you think you have a point, try making it.. i.e. backing it up with verifiable facts.. links to nonfictional sources may help.. :sigh2:

Verifiable facts?
You would know these if you spent any time reading history and anthropology. Look, I pass on instructing you in a few minutes in that which took me decades to learn. You can do your own research. I recommend primary sources when available.

Really? Show me the slavery in the Western world today. Show me the first world country where women cannot vote. Stop embarrassing yourself.

What changed? Why can women vote? Why don't people own slaves in the western world? Here is what did NOT change: the primitive iron age handbook.

How's this. If you think you have a point, try making it.. i.e. backing it up with verifiable facts.. links to nonfictional sources may help.. :sigh2:
My point was I destroyed abiogenesis and evolution using Louis Pasteur's swan neck experiment. It means atheism doesn't have a leg to stand on and is a stupid religion. It was stupid religion anyway as atheists do not know where we and the universe came from. On top of that, atheists get to enjoy hell oh foolish one. Good bye.

Really? Show me the slavery in the Western world today. Show me the first world country where women cannot vote. Stop embarrassing yourself.
You haven't heard about sex trafficking and sex slavery in America? Never read about how ancient Egyptians preferred being governed by a woman? I cannot remember the ancient culture--a Greek city-state if I recall correctly--where the women in the community forced men to vote the way women wanted on a certain issue.

Amazing what you can learn once you step off a Southern American plantation in the 1800s. ;) As I said, nothing new. You may also wish to read up on the matriarchal societies in ancient times.

Forum List

Back