Why Allow Gun Ownership?

The framers didn’t contemplate large capacity rapid fire assault weapons that could rip 19 children to shreds in the space of mere minutes.

Scalia opined in Heller that the strict regulation of such firearms is entirely consistent with the 2nd amendment. Those weapons and magazines are banned in my state and nobody is less free because of that. I would argue we are more free - free to drop our children at school without serious concern that they will be slaughtered there.

I think the Framers were preparing for the day when the Federal government would send Federal police to local school boards and spy on all our correspondence, or something to that effect

16911-DEFAULT-l.jpg

Blaming the gun for mass shootings, is akin to failing to see the forest for the trees.
Can't disagree with that. They'll just take up bomb making!
So the Founding Fathers, who had just fought for freedom from a tyrannical govt & warned us not to let the fed govt grow too strong, only gave us the right to fight against Indians & foreign powers, not against a despotic govt?
You sure read a lot into something that is not backed by actual facts, plain text or the thoughts from those who wrote the Constitution.
View attachment 650497

The framers of the Constitution did not set up the State Militias to guard against the government of the People the Constitution they just wrote set up. They split the functions of government, so that no single persuasive person can get control of all of it.

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Case 1 does not require semi auto magazine fed. Certain cases (bear hunting or wild boar) require a handgun but large caliber revolvers serve that purpose.

2. That makes it a toy. A deadly toy

3. Certainly not a magazine fed semi auto. A shot gun is an excellent weapon for home defense.

That's not the deal the Ukrainians got. Why do they deserve better from our government?

Yes we mustn‘t allow 99.8% of gun owners who never commit a gun crime to have guns.

You may friend are a serf or a subject, whichever you prefer.

"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."

Laws beget more laws when the laws they write fail.
Eventually the only thing ever accomplished is diminishing the liberties of law-abiding citizens.

Guns are crazy. Now if you excuse me I need to put on two masks and then I'm off to get my 6th covid vaccine. After that I'm going to take my twelve year old son, I mean girl, to get some puberty blockers and then stop off for an abortion.
You only have 6 Covid vaccines?

If she had her way, and all semiautomatics were banned, she'd be climbing on the "ban all single-shot guns" bandwagon. And if she had her way on that, she'd be hopping aboard the "ban all long knives" bandwagon.
everything they do it seems is simply a step to more control. they refuse to think about a problem analytically and simply react emotionally.

guns can sure be evil. lord these days what can't be? we've weaponized anything and everything to justify our hate and things get way out of control when the population does that.

but the left honestly goes from a total lack of understanding to compounding that by staying "focused" on guns despite what facts say. their fascination with the AR15 is amazing. it's a semi automatic gun you can accessorize.

so is the ruger 10/22.

both fire and act the same. the glamorization of the AR by the left is likely a huge reason it gets used in these crimes. they will hammer on how fact you can shoot an AR but fail to see / understand a good shooter on a revolver can fire faster.

when that comes to light, they don't back up, they broaden their scope. OH REVOLVERS MUST GO NOW!!!

it's fucking insane.

Can't disagree with that. They'll just take up bomb making!

The framers of the Constitution did not set up the State Militias to guard against the government of the People the Constitution they just wrote set up. They split the functions of government, so that no single persuasive person can get control of all of it.
state where in the constitution they spell out this level of detail on the militia.

i'll wait.

my main point is they say WE ARE NOT COMING FOR YOUR GUNS

then post stupid ass shit like this that would remove a vast majority of guns then go back to BUT WE ARE NOT COMING FOR YOUR GUNS!

they can't pin a specific trait to the AR15 other than it LOOKS military. there is nothing you can do to an AR that you can't also do to the ruger 10/22. both fire the same and both can look/function the same. so instead of admitting they have learning to do, they shut down that part of their mind and expand what they want to control.

I am saying good people will not allow it to happen…it can definitely happen.

We wont allow it.

It is a huge concern.

You cannot argue fine points like you bring up with cultists because they are not looking for anything but confiscation and subjugation.

You are more likely to get struck by lightning than get murdered by a shooter with a rifle.
This is why i always laugh at you authoritarian scum. You have ZERO logic behind you. Just emotion. Like a fucking child.
Says the guy with an avatar of a guy that took out the most powerful guy in the world with a gun.

The National Guard isn't really the militia anymore because it has federal ties.

And Militias are covered by the first part of the amendment, RKBA is covered by the second part of the amendment, and that is given to the PEOPLE.

Section 8, Powers of Congress. Clause 16: The Militia

"To provide for organizing, arming, and disciplining, the Militia, and for governing such Part of them as may be employed in the Service of the United States, reserving to the States respectively, the Appointment of the Officers, and the Authority of training the Militia according to the discipline prescribed by Congress;

I am saying good people will not allow it to happen…it can definitely happen.

We wont allow it.

It is a huge concern.

You cannot argue fine points like you bring up with cultists because they are not looking for anything but confiscation and subjugation.
and they get really pissed and attack you vs. the issue when you do that.

i can mix it up with people left and right also. i have zero issue calling someone a dumbass. but i also have zero issue putting that tactic aside and focusing on the issue itself. but invariably, it will turn to attacks or stereotypes because that's as far as the substance goes for far too many.

both sides at times.

Meanwhile over at Guns and Faggots on YT the hysteria and crying over lost rights rages on while they do squat......

WhinyCunservatives.jpg

(A picture of how Conservatives "fight" for their rights)
But ohhh those ITG's will turn their anger towards someone for pointing it out instead of their real enemy cause that's what real losers do.
If I'm not mistaken, According to the Gun Policy Coalition which fights for 2A rights, only a ridiculously small number of Conservatives support the cause with any action (Donations or calls to representatives)

Last edited:

Forum List

Back