Why Allow Gun Ownership?

Is that what the framers said?
The framers didn’t contemplate large capacity rapid fire assault weapons that could rip 19 children to shreds in the space of mere minutes.

Scalia opined in Heller that the strict regulation of such firearms is entirely consistent with the 2nd amendment. Those weapons and magazines are banned in my state and nobody is less free because of that. I would argue we are more free - free to drop our children at school without serious concern that they will be slaughtered there.

Bullshit. It was for the defense of the Nation against the worlds superpowers and the natives. The Militia referenced was the one set up by Congress for defense, not bands of Conspiracy theorists.
So the Founding Fathers, who had just fought for freedom from a tyrannical govt & warned us not to let the fed govt grow too strong, only gave us the right to fight against Indians & foreign powers, not against a despotic govt?
You sure read a lot into something that is not backed by actual facts, plain text or the thoughts from those who wrote the Constitution.
sol237-the-tree-of-liberty-must-be-refreshed-from-time-to-time-with-the-blood-of-patriots-and-...jpg

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Case 1 does not require semi auto magazine fed. Certain cases (bear hunting or wild boar) require a handgun but large caliber revolvers serve that purpose.

2. That makes it a toy. A deadly toy

3. Certainly not a magazine fed semi auto. A shot gun is an excellent weapon for home defense.

Why Allow Gun Ownership?​

Why would any sane American beg for fewer rights?

Back in the 70's, my Dad applied for his concealed carry permit. He drove a tanker for Exxon and it was the height of the gas crisis. Hijackings of 8,000 gallon gasoline trucks were not unheard of.

We weren't in the city, but on Long Island. Even still, it took about eight months for my Dad, who was a former New York State Trooper, to get approved...

Good luck getting a CCW permit in NYC unless you own a store, are a retired police officer, or know someone.

What I was talking about was just a home license to keep it in your own house/apartment.

"A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed."
Defense from the tyranny of a powerful govt or any other force is the main purpose.
Home defense is one aspect but defense of rights is the main reason we have the 2A.
They don't teach you kids much do they?
We have a disciplined militia in the national guard.

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

Case 1 does not require semi auto magazine fed. Certain cases (bear hunting or wild boar) require a handgun but large caliber revolvers serve that purpose.

3. Certainly not a magazine fed semi auto. A shot gun is an excellent weapon for home defense.
Are you American? Looking for context on the complete lack of understanding about the reason for the Second Amendment.

We have a disciplined militia in the national guard.

The National Guard isn't really the militia anymore because it has federal ties.

And Militias are covered by the first part of the amendment, RKBA is covered by the second part of the amendment, and that is given to the PEOPLE.

1. Hunting

2. Target practice

3. Self defense

You don't get to decide what firearms I own or what I do legally with them.

Go mind your own fucking business, Karen.

The framers didn’t contemplate large capacity rapid fire assault weapons that could rip 19 children to shreds in the space of mere minutes.

Scalia opined in Heller that the strict regulation of such firearms is entirely consistent with the 2nd amendment. Those weapons and magazines are banned in my state and nobody is less free because of that. I would argue we are more free - free to drop our children at school without serious concern that they will be slaughtered there.
Sorry but a batshit crazy barely legal piece of filthy dogshit here on a stolen citizenship doens’t get to re-write our constitution.
7062D148-A187-4F35-B46F-EE52E7B9F2A0.png

In order to be affective, a civilian led militia MUST possess weapons equal to those possessed by government.
We need to own Blackhawk choppers.

Guns are crazy. Now if you excuse me I need to put on two masks and then I'm off to get my 6th covid vaccine. After that I'm going to take my twelve year old son, I mean girl, to get some puberty blockers and then stop off for an abortion.

Well, my guess is that someones "right" to own semi automatic weapons means I have a much higher chance of being murdered.

Perhaps a potential murderers "right" to buy a weapon should first be vetted.
Tell us all how these "common sense gun safety laws" are working out in Chicago, NYC, LA, Baltimore, etcetera, sub-cretin.

Nobody but military and law enforcement need to have ownership or possession of assault firearms and large capacity magazines. All the arguments to the contrary are specious.
Assault weapons have multiple settings. Civilian versions might look like the military versions, but they're not. What you're really arguing against is the large capacity magazines. I wouldn't have a problem with smaller magazines.

Forum List

Back