What is wrong with the people of Austin, Texas? Why are they so damned unattractive?

Sorry, I had to delete the link because it was a link to another forum.

Where could that apply to some forum members?
To begin with, do any avatars show a tendency toward fascination with a male father figure?

I read a lot into a person's choice of an avatar. Maybe too much sometimes? But I think everyone should be aware of what their choice is saying about them.
Interesting. I think that there may be some truth to that, especially with the folk here who have an unflattering picture of a hated political figure as their avatar. It is likely a product of what Freud called "the castration complex."

1672609735839.png

If that is true, then those derangement sufferers will continue to suffer long after the target of their fear/hatred is gone.

I'm sure UT has its share of attractive girls. I don't want to be the creepy sixty year old checking out 18 year olds. I'm sure in that Democrat city, they girls are used to it. Or not. I don't know if the men of Austin have any interest in women at all. I saw couple, but none of them seemed happy to be in each other's company.

I'm not talking just about white emo kids, I mean people of all races, Indian (dot), Asian, black, Hispanic, and all ages, just looking miserable all the time.

Probably. They have at least one great poker room. So great that I didn't both to check out the others that trip. Best players I've played with, except on room in Houston By best, I mean easiest fish to clean.

I was going to spend some of their money at Eddie V's, which is one of the few high-end restaurants with a lot of menu options, including crab cakes which are my wife's favorite. But I didn't really want to pay top dollar to be served by people with that Austin attitude.
You are just the average creepy senior who wants to stare women down and rate them as to your sex or no sex chart

Austin is the smelly armpit of Texas. I much prefer Dallas.

Dallas is great if you love Strip Malls and franchise restaurants

Austin has culture.
One of the countries best music scenes, nightlife, top line restaurants, entertainment, University of Texas

Dallas is great if you love Strip Malls and franchise restaurants

Austin has culture.
One of the countries best music scenes, nightlife, top line restaurants, entertainment, University of Texas
The music is good in Austin but there are too many panhandlers and petty thieves.

Dallas thinks it's on the East Coast and not Texas. Old Austin is absolutely gone, and has been replaced by Bay Area,Ca. It is rapidly merging with San Antonio to make another DFW or Houston Metroplex. Houston is a giant version of Pittsburgh back when Pittsburgh made things, and has now far outrun Chicago to be the third largest area in the US.

Fun fact, Houston/ Harris County is larger geographically than Israel.

Between Houston, DFW, and Austin/SA, we're talking 15mm people.

Many times, moron. Every F1 race I am camped out at COTA.

DURRRRRR
You're one of" those" people.*

*I like just like making it sound ominous. Welcome! Do you come to the bike races also? Did you know they turn it into a cool XMas trail of lights over the holidays?

You're one of" those" people.*

*I like just like making it sound ominous. Do you come to the bike races also? Did you know they turn it into a cool XMas trail of lights over the holidays?

No, I just come to the F1 races. I hangout with my friends at McLaren.

First of all, I understand that women have no obligation to look attractive for me. Not saying that they do. But I do enjoy admiring beautiful women, especially the gorgeous ladies of all kinds we have in Texas.

Except in Austin.

I couldn't help but notice by the end of the first day of a three day mini-cation that ended yesterday, that there were almost no women worth looking at. In fact, most were women that I actually turned my eyes away from. The men also. I don't watch men the same way I watch women, but I can be repelled by a particularly unattractive man, and that described almost all of them in that city. I didn't figure out why until the last day. More than one reason:

1. No one was trying to attractive. There were not as many dyed haired types wanting to look freaky as we have in Houston. I thought Austin would be full of them. But to die the hair multi-colors and to wear a nose ring, and chains for a belt requires effort, and the effort was missing. In Houston, even the freaks go for an asthetic apeal. Same in Dallas, San Antonio and Corpus.

2. Tall women with broad shoulders, wearing loose jeans. Outside Austin, I automatically think "trannie," but in Austin it took me a while to snap to that. Because in Houston, we have plenty of trannies. The first sign is that they are overly made up, like paradies of women. In Austin, the trannies don't gussy up, because they're not trying to be pretty girls, they just think they are really girls and wear the same frumpy clothes that other Austin girls do, but look even worse in them.

3. No one was smiling. In the Houston area, anywhere I go in public, people are smiling and happy. They make jokes, they laugh, they carry on happy conversations. Even if they are not smiling and laughing, they have blissful expressions on their faces, or determined expressions, or curious expressions. In Austin I would best describe the typical expression as funerial. Really grim. But not like a funeral for and old person who lived a long life and left them an inheritance. More like after a funeral for their only friend whose financial support they lived on and will now be gone. Everyone looks like that.

The architecture in Austin reminds me of the Soviet Union. Completely functional and really grim looking. I mentioned all this to my son and he said that it is Brutalism. I've heard of Brutalism as a form of archeticture, but he says it is also the new thing for hipsters to never look happy. It's worse than Goth. At least in Houston, the Goth kids were cynical nihilists, but they seem to at least enjoy their perceved superiority to the conformists.

I saw one good looking woman in Austin and that was in the poker room. The people there were more peppy than other Austinites, but not nearly as rowdy and fun-loving as Houston players.

I was starting to wonder if maybe dressing cute was out of style for women, until we hit the Buc-ee's halfway home. Like diving into a pool of cool drinking water after walking throught the desert.
This is just trolling

The women in Austin are mostly liberal goofballs, but they arent ugly compared to females in other states

Austin is what I call a "True Blue" city, perhaps the only one in Texas.

Lots of Texas cities and towns have Democratic mayors, etc. Due to the concentration of African-Americans in inner-city and white flight to the suburbs, that is universal. But in Houston even the Democrats have common sense. They haven't run the city into the ground like other blue cities. Blacks in Houston are hard-working and don't want their city in chaos. The people from Louisana who ran here from hurricanes fell right into the work ethic as soon as they saw what kind of nice houses and neighborhoods they could live in just by being willing to work for it.

Austin is "weird" in that it is full of white liberals who have turned it into Portland Southwest.

Just got back from 2 weeks in Cibolo, just East of SA.
Went to the Valero Alamo Bowl, go Dwags.
The crowd was 50-1 Longhorn Fans over Husky Fans.

The crowd was great, very nice.

Thank you Texas for 2 great weeks.
Gruene Hall is awesome.

I know 2 people who live in Austin. One is a friend of mine who I originally met in L.A, who is about as right-wing as one can get, lol. She's an ex model, so she's not unattractive. And the other is also a righty, a libertarian, and a mom but also not unattractive.

Just saying it's not all lefties / ugly people. :dunno: ha ha

Last edited:
First of all, I understand that women have no obligation to look attractive for me. Not saying that they do. But I do enjoy admiring beautiful women, especially the gorgeous ladies of all kinds we have in Texas.

Except in Austin.

I couldn't help but notice by the end of the first day of a three day mini-cation that ended yesterday, that there were almost no women worth looking at. In fact, most were women that I actually turned my eyes away from. The men also. I don't watch men the same way I watch women, but I can be repelled by a particularly unattractive man, and that described almost all of them in that city. I didn't figure out why until the last day. More than one reason:

1. No one was trying to attractive. There were not as many dyed haired types wanting to look freaky as we have in Houston. I thought Austin would be full of them. But to die the hair multi-colors and to wear a nose ring, and chains for a belt requires effort, and the effort was missing. In Houston, even the freaks go for an asthetic apeal. Same in Dallas, San Antonio and Corpus.

2. Tall women with broad shoulders, wearing loose jeans. Outside Austin, I automatically think "trannie," but in Austin it took me a while to snap to that. Because in Houston, we have plenty of trannies. The first sign is that they are overly made up, like paradies of women. In Austin, the trannies don't gussy up, because they're not trying to be pretty girls, they just think they are really girls and wear the same frumpy clothes that other Austin girls do, but look even worse in them.

3. No one was smiling. In the Houston area, anywhere I go in public, people are smiling and happy. They make jokes, they laugh, they carry on happy conversations. Even if they are not smiling and laughing, they have blissful expressions on their faces, or determined expressions, or curious expressions. In Austin I would best describe the typical expression as funerial. Really grim. But not like a funeral for and old person who lived a long life and left them an inheritance. More like after a funeral for their only friend whose financial support they lived on and will now be gone. Everyone looks like that.

The architecture in Austin reminds me of the Soviet Union. Completely functional and really grim looking. I mentioned all this to my son and he said that it is Brutalism. I've heard of Brutalism as a form of archeticture, but he says it is also the new thing for hipsters to never look happy. It's worse than Goth. At least in Houston, the Goth kids were cynical nihilists, but they seem to at least enjoy their perceved superiority to the conformists.

I saw one good looking woman in Austin and that was in the poker room. The people there were more peppy than other Austinites, but not nearly as rowdy and fun-loving as Houston players.

I was starting to wonder if maybe dressing cute was out of style for women, until we hit the Buc-ee's halfway home. Like diving into a pool of cool drinking water after walking throught the desert.

The loose jeans look is coming into fashion. I guess it's the counter to the last 15 years of skinny jeans. Although I don't know if the skinnies will ever really go out of style.

No smiles because Austin has some serious Leftists, from what I understand, and they're miserable people generally.

Forum List

Back