Whole Foods vs. BLM

Corporation do not and can not ever have any rights at all, of any kind.
Owners can however, but that does not extend to political expression unless it can be show the BLM masks hurt sales.
Since they likely increase sales, I do not see any point to the company restriction?

How do you figure it would increase sales? Most people find BLM as troublemakers and law breakers. Corporations and business owners have the right to set forth any policy that doesn't violate OSHA laws.

NLRB is part of the Department of Labor, Whole Foods is correct. The federal government is violating their right to free speech. Presumably through Citizens United ruling that corporations have such rights. This is just more liberal overreach and the Biden administration wiping their asses with the Constitution.

As I said, the NRLB is interfering with a company dress code. I has nothing to do with free speech.

I think Whole Foods has the right to remain neutral if they want, but that is from the right of individual owners to make money.
It is NOT from any right a corporation can claim, and especially not a corporate 1st amendment right.
Corporations do NOT have a 1st amendment right or any rights at all.
Only individuals do, and in this case the only rights the individual owners have is the right to do business and make money.
They have no 1st amendment rights involved at all, in any way.
Only the workers have 1st amendment rights, but the owner's profits rights supersede the workers in this case.

No the workers do not have a first amendment right. The first amendment only applies to government, not private entities.

I can go to a rally and yell F Biden and nobody from the government can to anything to me. If I go to my boss and tell him his wife is a whore and his kids are ugly, I get fired on the spot and nobody can do a thing to help me.

Uh, no. Is there some sort of weird significance to that question that I am missing?
Honest question, Princess cruise lines' logo is the seawitch.
1641939131924.png

I'm with Whole Foods. Workplace should stay apolitical.

But as far as BLM being a terrorist organization....they look like choir kids compared to the 1/6 insurrectionists.
"

738 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.""​

View attachment 586611

The difference is the rioters on 1/6 are not an organization. BLM has shirts identifying themselves and a President that used the money she was paid to buy mansions in all white neighborhoods. The rioters were merely individuals that got carried away.

The difference is the rioters on 1/6 are not an organization. BLM has shirts identifying themselves and a President that used the money she was paid to buy mansions in all white neighborhoods. The rioters were merely individuals that got carried away.

Their buddies anti-fa are also an "organization", but a cell based organization, in homage to the anarchists they are.

As I said, the NRLB is interfering with a company dress code. I has nothing to do with free speech.

Of course it does, the federal government is attempting to force this private company to give voice to a specific message. Just how fascist are you willing to allow the government to become?

Last edited:
It's interesting that this company has to go to court and could even potentially be forced to allow employees to wear liberal leaning political messaging, yet in the story about the American Airlines pilot having a carry-on suitcase with a conservative leaning political message, the company immediately bows down to pressure from a customer and the media. There seems to be a large disparity in treatment between liberal messages and conservative messages.

In both cases, I believe the companies wishes for its employees to NOT display political messages while on duty should be respected. It's not a difficult thing to understand that when you are at work, you are representing your boss.

Not all slogans are created equal. The one in the case of AA is code for profanity. That puts it into a different category.

Nice stretch, moron. Doesn't seem to stop the rampant use of WTF or OMG. CNN invented it. What's next, can't say Let's Go fill in the blank?

Can you show me come companies that allow those on their official gear/uniforms/equipment?

If the pilot had a tag that said "FUCK JOE BIDEN" would it have been any different than what he did have?

in this case the employer has the right to dictate what their employees can wear as acceptable attire.

the fact they want to remain 'neutral', i think is wise ... just like dictating their employees mask up.

although no biz'nez can mandate what attire their customers sport ... they also have the right to refuse service to anyone not wearing clothing that creates a public health violation.

no shoes

no shirt

no mask

NO service.

When the NFL allowed their players to get political, they lost money in attendance and ratings. When entertainers got political they lost fans and so did Hollywood and the music industry. I believe their last awards shows got the lowest ratings last time they were on.

As we all know, jocks and entertainers are the stupidest people on the planet. The only people dumber than them are the people they work for because they allowed it to happen.

WF is much smarter than that. Don't offend anybody and they can keep all their customers.

I'm with Whole Foods. Workplace should stay apolitical.

But as far as BLM being a terrorist organization....they look like choir kids compared to the 1/6 insurrectionists.
"

738 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.""​

View attachment 586611
How have those choir kids helped blacks?

Forum List

Back