Whole Foods vs. BLM

You might want to rethink this statement. There was only one person murdered in the four hour protest at the capitol. I just picked one of the violent BLM sites in the US in 2020. That over 90-day riot resulted in at least 25 deaths and the torching of a federal building with people inside. You're welcome. At least 25 Americans were killed during protests and political unrest in 2020
Knock it off Moon Bat.

We Americans know of the six months of BLM terrorism with looting, murdering, destruction and rioting in over 200 American cites.

That was after the BLM shitheads murdered policemen earlier than that.

Hell these assholes did a million times more damage in DC alone in the week of rioting than was done on 1/6.

You may be confused about the BLM terrorism but we aren't.

Knock it off Moon Bat.

We Americans know of the six months of BLM terrorism with looting, murdering, destruction and rioting in over 200 American cites.

That was after the BLM shitheads murdered policemen earlier than that.

Hell these assholes did a million times more damage in DC alone in the week of rioting than was done on 1/6.

You may be confused about the BLM terrorism but we aren't.
I think you are replying to the wrong person unless you are calling people who agree with you "moonbat" Just sayin

Whose side are you on? Whole Foods wants to remain neutral. Some employees want to wear BLM messaging. I am with WF. Ban all messaging so employees don’t feel pressured to be political. Just sell food and such and don’t get involved. Plus BLM is a terrorist group.

What are your thoughts? Free speech or is the employer correct?
dress codes at work aren't illegal.

Your employer cannot violate your first amendment rights.

Whose side are you on? Whole Foods wants to remain neutral. Some employees want to wear BLM messaging. I am with WF. Ban all messaging so employees don’t feel pressured to be political. Just sell food and such and don’t get involved. Plus BLM is a terrorist group.

As long as they ban it all, I am good with them doing so.

Personally, I think they have the right to pick and choose, just think it is bad business to do so

Whole Foods has some dumb ass lawyers. It's not a first amendment case, the company has every right to establish a dress code. If that dress code says clothing must be apolitical, that's just the way it is. If the employees don't want to abide by the code, they can find another job.

Whole Foods has some dumb ass lawyers. It's not a first amendment case, the company has every right to establish a dress code. If that dress code says clothing must be apolitical, that's just the way it is. If the employees don't want to abide by the code, they can find another job.

NLRB is part of the Department of Labor, Whole Foods is correct. The federal government is violating their right to free speech. Presumably through Citizens United ruling that corporations have such rights. This is just more liberal overreach and the Biden administration wiping their asses with the Constitution.

Political messaging from an employee is unacceptable….. I don’t care if it’s BLM, NRA, ProLife, SIERRA Club. In business, serve all people regardless of their politics. Why offend them with political messaging?

I think Whole Foods has the right to remain neutral if they want, but that is from the right of individual owners to make money.
It is NOT from any right a corporation can claim, and especially not a corporate 1st amendment right.
Corporations do NOT have a 1st amendment right or any rights at all.
Only individuals do, and in this case the only rights the individual owners have is the right to do business and make money.
They have no 1st amendment rights involved at all, in any way.
Only the workers have 1st amendment rights, but the owner's profits rights supersede the workers in this case.

NLRB is part of the Department of Labor, Whole Foods is correct. The federal government is violating their right to free speech. Presumably through Citizens United ruling that corporations have such rights. This is just more liberal overreach and the Biden administration wiping their asses with the Constitution.

Corporation do not and can not ever have any rights at all, of any kind.
Owners can however, but that does not extend to political expression unless it can be show the BLM masks hurt sales.
Since they likely increase sales, I do not see any point to the company restriction?

It's interesting that this company has to go to court and could even potentially be forced to allow employees to wear liberal leaning political messaging, yet in the story about the American Airlines pilot having a carry-on suitcase with a conservative leaning political message, the company immediately bows down to pressure from a customer and the media. There seems to be a large disparity in treatment between liberal messages and conservative messages.

In both cases, I believe the companies wishes for its employees to NOT display political messages while on duty should be respected. It's not a difficult thing to understand that when you are at work, you are representing your boss.
Correct. That is why we do not believe our government anymore. "Let them eat cake" is their motto.

Ban it all and stay on the sidelines.

Corporation do not and can not ever have any rights at all, of any kind.
Owners can however, but that does not extend to political expression unless it can be show the BLM masks hurt sales.
Since they likely increase sales, I do not see any point to the company restriction?
You are clueless. Go read it up on the rights of corporations.

My understanding is Whole Foods has a policy to not allow political messages of any type and they are enforcing it. The BLM people seem to believe they have a right to an exception, but they do not. These are the now adults who received participation trophies as children.

It comes from the progressive concept that only their side is valid, and thus their views aren't political views, they are the ONLY views.

Correct. That is why we do not believe our government anymore. "Let them eat cake" is their motto.

I agree in companies being able to suppress political messages that could be harmful, but it is NOT about a corporation having 1st amendment rights.
They need to get a new lawyer who knows something about the law.

Forum List

Back