Whole Foods vs. BLM

AzogtheDefiler

The Pale Orc
Gold Supporting Member
Aug 4, 2018
Boston, MA

Whose side are you on? Whole Foods wants to remain neutral. Some employees want to wear BLM messaging. I am with WF. Ban all messaging so employees don’t feel pressured to be political. Just sell food and such and don’t get involved. Plus BLM is a terrorist group.

What are your thoughts? Free speech or is the employer correct?

Whose side are you on? Whole Foods wants to remain neutral. Some employees want to wear BLM messaging. I am with WF. Ban all messaging so employees don’t feel pressured to be political. Just sell food and such and don’t get involved. Plus BLM is a terrorist group.

The NLRB will likely lose this one. Uniforms are required in many retail establishments. All they have to do is require a uniform unless, of course the NLRB wants to take on the US military, police and fire departments, postal service, etc.

I went into a Kroger and a employee was wearing a BLM mask and I left and never returned. I'd do the same thing with whole foods. I don't want to give my money to any company that supports those racist domestic terrorists.

Whole foods absolutely has every right to enforce a dress code. If I owned a company I wouldn't allow anyone to display anything that shows their personal or political beliefs and agendas. My company would be there to get everyone's money and I can't do that if I alienate some customers.

No company is required to let it's employees dress anyway they want.

I am anti BLM, and pro anyone that is anti BLM or just ignores them.

I want to wear Let's Go Brandon shirts at work.

My understanding is Whole Foods has a policy to not allow political messages of any type and they are enforcing it. The BLM people seem to believe they have a right to an exception, but they do not. These are the now adults who received participation trophies as children.

They get this liberty while we cant sit down and have a sandwich unless providing a medical report.

My understanding is Whole Foods has a policy to not allow political messages of any type and they are enforcing it. The BLM people seem to believe they have a right to an exception, but they do not. These are the now adults who received participation trophies as children.
But…but…but… libbies Whole Foods owns it stores so by All Long Held liberal contentions; they can do what they want on their private property.
Rough when the pendulum swings back.

It's interesting that this company has to go to court and could even potentially be forced to allow employees to wear liberal leaning political messaging, yet in the story about the American Airlines pilot having a carry-on suitcase with a conservative leaning political message, the company immediately bows down to pressure from a customer and the media. There seems to be a large disparity in treatment between liberal messages and conservative messages.

In both cases, I believe the companies wishes for its employees to NOT display political messages while on duty should be respected. It's not a difficult thing to understand that when you are at work, you are representing your boss.

Last edited:

I'm with Whole Foods. Workplace should stay apolitical.

But as far as BLM being a terrorist organization....they look like choir kids compared to the 1/6 insurrectionists.
"

738 people have been charged in the Capitol insurrection so far. This searchable table shows them all.""​

271653218_10225307079636833_1987187198394418781_n.jpg

So if the employees want to wear the Swastikas or KKK insignias then WF has to let them according to the NLRB? They would probably do some back peddling on that.

I would never do business in an establishment where the employees wore that BLM terrorist organization bling. Whole Foods knows this and don't want to lose customers.

But as far as BLM being a terrorist organization....they look like choir kids compared to the 1/6 insurrectionists.
You might want to rethink this statement. There was only one person murdered in the four hour protest at the capitol. I just picked one of the violent BLM sites in the US in 2020. That over 90-day riot resulted in at least 25 deaths and the torching of a federal building with people inside. You're welcome. At least 25 Americans were killed during protests and political unrest in 2020

I think it's an open question as to whether or not it's "political".

Forum List

Back