"Who won the veep debate" thread

Nah, Biden did not win but he did not lose. He did what he came to do: to show MR/PR that they could not just say anything and get away with it. MR now needs to explain his economic plans far more clearly, and he has to do it this next time will holding off the President. BHO knows that if he fails here, he will lose the election. This is going to be one heck of a show down.

Biden won brilliantly because he pointed out that a 20% tax reduction is impossible without cutting major deductions that benefit the middle class or cutting entitlement programs that favor the middle class.

Romney's economic plans are much like his religion - an outright lie.

Obama should have called him on it in the first debate, but he got cowed by the angry black man video Fox was playing wall to wall before the debate and tried to sound reasonable. Lehrer's Alzheimer's Moderation didn't help, either.

Romney won't get a pass on the next two debates.

Fox news caused Obama's pathetic debate performance?:lol: That's a new one. When Obama is without his script he's lost. People don't like his off script real views

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YKjPI6no5ng]Obama: If You've Got A Business, You Didn't Build That - YouTube[/ame]

Hannity said Biden was acting strange.
Pat Buchanan said Biden's antics was calculated and I agree...
It was meant to try to throw the younger guy off the track.
Kind of like making noise and gesturing to try to make a golfer miss a put.

Is that all the Democrat party can come up with...
Pretty sad that the Dems would resort to a childish attempt to get the other guy off his game.
They really must be desperate over there.

Biden wasn't there to win. He was there to keep Ryan from winning. He was there to interfere and he did.

Hannity said that Biden was acting strangely but to people who know Biden personally, they said he was acting like he always does.

Biden wasn't there to win. He was there to keep Ryan from winning. He was there to interfere and he did.

Hannity said that Biden was acting strangely but to people who know Biden personally, they said he was acting like he always does.
maybe but i think he got to rude at times and i don,t think he would have done that if obama had better night other week.

either way it makes no difference. still up to the president to turn this one around. But he way behind in polls now and will need comebacks of all comebacks to win

Pretty sad that the Dems would resort to a childish attempt to get the other guy off his game.

Biden is a nutjob..

biden-debate.jpg

Biden falsely claims he did not vote to invade Afghanistan or Iraq

Biden contradicts State, blames intelligence community for Libya misinformation

Biden claims the administration didn’t know the Benghazi consulate requested greater security, again contradicting State

VP Debate: Joe Biden’s Three Most Misleading Foreign Policy Statements

Biden is a nutjob..

biden-debate.jpg

Biden claims the administration didn’t know the Benghazi consulate requested greater security, again contradicting State

well it did not end romney bounce so you guys be happy with that

in end its romney to loses and he look odds on to win the election now

This is a summary of the VP debate:

Ryan was polite and informative. A factchecker site with ties to Obama found fault in some of his "facts" while Biden was rude, obnoxious, yet successfully ramrodded that debate.

Ryan had a choice.......tell Biden to STFU or allow him to continue to be rude and try to put out his views between all of the interruptions from Biden and the moderator. Ether way the MSM would have made political points off of it to help Obiden.

Personally I think if he had told Biden, in so many words, to STFU Biden would have continued his act, maybe even escalated it to another level. Ryan made a choice to keep it reasonably congenial because he knew Biden would have really shown his ass had he told him in more animated terms to knock it off.

Biden showed himself to be the horses' ass he is and he also showed the Democrat voter that there is some life left in the Dem ticket. Ryan missed an opportunity but he didn't have to put his foot down because when your opponent insists on eating himself alive you pass them the salt.

Romney/Ryan feels there are still enough rational people in this country to see Biden's performance for what it was. Most of us are angry and disgusted by it. Dick Cheney said that our allies saw that debate and many are worried about this man being one heart-beat away from being POTUS. Our enemies don't care because they don't respect ether the VP or our current POTUS.

vice-president-joe-biden-laughs-during-a-debate-oct-11-2012-with-gop-vice-presidential-nominee-paul-ryan-at-centre-college-in-danville-ky.jpg

Last edited:

Biden is a nutjob..

biden-debate.jpg

umm....OK if you say so What is that based on exactly?

Biden is a nutjob..

biden-debate.jpg

well i base it on fact romney lead nationally in every poll and in most swing states now. I hate to admit that but romney as odds on now as obama was to win four years ago.

RCP still has Michigan, Ohio, New Hampshire, and Nevada in the presidential camp, but they have weakened.

If the election were held today, BHO would probably squeak through.

Should Romney beat Obama as badly this time as last, Romney will win walking away.

RCP still has Michigan, Ohio, New Hampshire, and Nevada in the presidential camp, but they have weakened.

Should Romney beat Obama as badly this time as last, Romney will win walking away.
true but likehood is ohio pundits saying is moving towards romney. also if obama can,t win a locked in state like michigan which dems always should win then election over before it started.

truth is obama needs to stop the silde and the only way is through a fantastic debate peformance . I say honestly unless that happens this election will be one sided landslide for romney. their still time but obama running out of it to change course of events

maybe but i think he got to rude at times and i don,t think he would have done that if obama had better night other week.

either way it makes no difference. still up to the president to turn this one around. But he way behind in polls now and will need comebacks of all comebacks to win

Maybe Biden is just a naturally rude person.

He didn't say that Medicare Advantage isn't gone, it is. Medicare Advantage was a program where we overpaid private insurers to provide coverage. The care Seniors receive has not changed as a result and, in fact, has been expanded.

That's not what he said.

"RYAN: 7.4 million seniors are projected to lose their current Medicare Advantage coverage they have. That’s a $3,200 benefit cut.

BIDEN: That didn’t happen.
"​

Transcript: The 2012 VP Debate

"...and that 7.4 million seniors “are going to lose” Medicare Advantage plans (maybe, but they’d still be covered by traditional Medicare)."​

In other words "yeah...but..." Translation. Ryan was right and Biden lied.

FactCheck.org : Veep Debate Violations

What are you talking about? People who had been covered under Medicare Advantage (where we overpaid for services) are still covered under Medicare. There is no loss in benefits and we cut waste, fraud and abuse out of Medicare. How can a "fiscal conservative" not support that?

We aren't in danger of attack anytime soon. Sanctions are working. We don't need to invade another country for the GOP jobs plan.

Yes, they do.

AARP is pleased that the Supreme Court found the critically important provisions of the Affordable Care Act (ACA) to be constitutional. This landmark legislation is already improving the health and financial security of our members and all Americans.
AARP Responds to Supreme Court Ruling on the Affordable Care Act

AARP supported passage of the Affordable Care Act because the law contains numerous protections that benefit our members, their families and other Americans age 50 and over, for whom the lack of health insurance coverage — or affordable coverage — is a serious challenge.

By starting to close the coverage gap known as the "doughnut hole," 5.3 million people with Medicare Part D have saved $3.7 billion since the law was enacted. In the first five months of 2012, 745,000 people with Medicare saved a total of $485.3 million on prescription drugs in the doughnut hole for an average of $651 in savings per person this year. Over 32.5 million Americans in Medicare used one or more free preventive services in 2011. And, over 2.2 million people with traditional Medicare benefited from the new Annual Wellness Visit in 2011.

Where AARP Stands
The Affordable Care Act

AARP has a message for President Obama: Stop using us to score political points.

Obama cited the nonpartisan senior lobby twice in Wednesday's debate when arguing against Mitt Romney's Medicare proposals.

The remarks prompted a polite statement from AARP Senior Vice President John Hishta asking candidates to refrain from mentioning the group.

"AARP has never consented to the use of its name by any candidate or political campaign," Hishta said.

"AARP is a nonpartisan organization, and we do not endorse political candidates nor coordinate with any candidate or political party."​

AARP to Obama: Stop citing us - The Hill's Healthwatch

AARP to Obama: Don

AARP objects to Obama invoking group's support during debate | Fox News

AARP’s Statement on the Denver Presidential Debate – AARP

The AARP said they don't endorse candidates...they DID endorse the Affordable Care Act.

AARP has transitioned into a left wing political organization. Like most advocacy groups, they soon find out that "hey, we can make some real money doing this!....Then the politicians swoop in promising financial support in return for votes..
NAACP, PETA, AARP, SEIU. The list goes on longer than the Dead Sea Scroll.

well i base it on fact romney lead nationally in every poll and in most swing states now. I hate to admit that but romney as odds on now as obama was to win four years ago.

oops sorry I misread your post:redface:

All BHO has to do is to stand off Romney this time. He does not need a massive knockout at all. He needs to act like a leader who will stand up to the party leader opposing him, which he did not do last time.

It has become clear that Americans as a whole have not forgotten the shambles that the GOP left America in, but rather than a weak leader again, Americans will select Romney.

In other words, this is not about policies as much as about perceived leadership abilities.

true but likehood is ohio pundits saying is moving towards romney. also if obama can,t win a locked in state like michigan which dems always should win then election over before it started.

truth is obama needs to stop the silde and the only way is through a fantastic debate peformance . I say honestly unless that happens this election will be one sided landslide for romney. their still time but obama running out of it to change course of events

This is going to be a very good debate format, I think.

MR needs to beat down the President again to ice the election.

I think he can

Biden won brilliantly because he pointed out that a 20% tax reduction is impossible without cutting major deductions that benefit the middle class or cutting entitlement programs that favor the middle class.

Romney's economic plans are much like his religion - an outright lie.

Obama should have called him on it in the first debate, but he got cowed by the angry black man video Fox was playing wall to wall before the debate and tried to sound reasonable. Lehrer's Alzheimer's Moderation didn't help, either.

Romney won't get a pass on the next two debates.

The President showed up to debate "Severely Conservative" Willard, but that's not the Reversible Mittens that showed up...Moderate Mitt did. Romney shook the Etch-A-Sketch right before he stepped on stage. Don't expect the President to make that mistake twice. Not to mention, he can hammer him even more on his flip flops.

Only if he continues to lie Jake. None of what he said matches the policies he proposes, the party platform or the fact checks. I guess you believe in dictators, not presidents.

Jake, how can you admit the GOP left the country in shambles, and then support a guy who wants to do the same things all over again?

The GOP needs to change. Romney is just enabling all it's bad habits.

All BHO has to do is to stand off Romney this time. He does not need a massive knockout at all. He needs to act like a leader who will stand up to the party leader opposing him, which he did not do last time.

It has become clear that Americans as a whole have not forgotten the shambles that the GOP left America in, but rather than a weak leader again, Americans will select Romney.

In other words, this is not about policies as much as about perceived leadership abilities.

This is going to be a very good debate format, I think.

MR needs to beat down the President again to ice the election.

I think he can

The President showed up to debate "Severely Conservative" Willard, but that's not the Reversible Mittens that showed up...Moderate Mitt did. Romney shook the Etch-A-Sketch right before he stepped on stage. Don't expect the President to make that mistake twice. Not to mention, he can hammer him even more on his flip flops.

Only if he continues to lie Jake. None of what he said matches the policies he proposes, the party platform or the fact checks. I guess you believe in dictators, not presidents.

We have that already

Forum List

Back