Who will be the final candidates?

mattskramer

Apr 11, 2004
Texas
Let’s get some hard and fast predictions”.
I understand that the race is early and that opinions will change but at this time:

1. Who will be the Republican contender for the presidency?
2. Who will be the Democrat contender for the presidency?
3. Which one will become president?

As things continue as they have been going:

I think that Rudi will be the Republican.
I think that Hillary will be the Democrat.
I think that the race will be close but Hillary will win.

Hillary and Fred Thompson or Rudy

If Hillary doesn't get the nod I think the Republicans would call that a victory unto itself. I think that would be a pretty nasty blow for the party to take.

I think the Republican with the best chance of winning would Thompson with Rudy a close second. If Fred gets the nod i'd pick him to win. if he doesn't than hillary will probably win. Heck even Rush is picking Hillary to win the election.

Clinton, Giuliani

Too close to call.

It comes to that, I think Giuliani would steal enough votes in the NE to win the presidency.

And if those are the two nominees, I won't even vote - there's no ideological difference between Giuliani and Hitlery so far as I can tell (with all due respect to my buddy RSR, who I believe is supporting Rudy).

Okay, sorry for the hijack - I want to see some more predictions. Good thread.

I'd support Rudi if it were a contest between those two. I think Rudi has the best shot at beating Hillary.

There are a lot of Republican senators up for election, so the GOP is likely to lose more ground in the Senate, and it is unlikely they'll win back the House. I don't want the Democrats to control all levels. It could be a disastorous as the past six years, without the war. So I'd support Rudi. But he has a lot of baggage.

The former Mayor of New York City attracts 46% of the vote while Clinton earns 45% in that match-up. A month ago, Giuliani had a three-point lead over Clinton. Two months ago, they were tied. http://www.rasmussenreports.com/pub...hind_clinton_giuliani_clinton_still_a_toss_up
It would be close between Hillary and Rudi. Remember, its about electoral college votes. The candidate that prevails in Florida, Ohio, and New Mexico will win. If a Republican candidate loses any of those states, the Democrat will win. The other red and blue states will probably cast electoral college votes as they did in 2004.

Fred Thompson

Hillary Clinton

And I sure as hell hope Fred wins. You wanna see a loss of freedoms? A dictatorial US Government? One not accountable to the people? One that doesn't support or defend the Constitution?

Well then you will be in pig heaven if the Dems control the Presidency and both Houses of Congress.

Fred Thompson

Hillary Clinton

And I sure as hell hope Fred wins. You wanna see a loss of freedoms? A dictatorial US Government? One not accountable to the people? One that doesn't support or defend the Constitution?

Well then you will be in pig heaven if the Dems control the Presidency and both Houses of Congress.

Right...cause the Dems who have been against the expanding powers of the US presidency will suddenly do a 180 and become "dictators". Paranoid much?

Forum List

Back