Who wants to stop all this testing?

Who wants to stop testing because they think it’s only inflating the numbers of COVID cases?

• Total voters
All who voted yes are morons
Why?

We already assume everyone has the virus (lockdown/muzzle mandates). No need to test for it unless you are sick, right?
Why are you a moron? Because you don’t understand basic things even after they are explained to you. That’s why
Maybe you suck hyena taint when it comes to explaining things?

If everyone is considered a carrier of the virus (like they are now) the only reason to test is to assess proper treatment protocols for people who are actually symptomatic.

So, why don't you explain to me why my position is wrong, and fuck off with your insults.
Saying everybody is a carrier of the virus is something that you made up in your fantasyland. Not something that is real. Another supporting fact of your moronism
Ignoring what I ACTUALLY said is further supporting your dumbassary.

I said we already ACT like everyone is a carrier, dumbfuck. ACT.

Because we already take precautions by ACTING like everyone is a carrier, there is no need to test unless a treatment is needed.

Tell me how that is wrong, you idiot fucking piece of aardvark shit!!!
It’s wrong on many levels. We don’t act like everybody has it. Take a person who has tested positive. They are not going to act the same as somebody who doesn’t have it... the non carrier is going to social distance and wear a mask.... the carrier is going to self quarantine

Because of this difference it is important to test because when people are found to actually have it they can quarantine and not be out and about social distancing like everybody else.

the fact that I needed to explain that is embarrassing. How do you know understand this?

Society already treats me as though I am infected. (mask mandates and social distancing)

I feel ZERO symptoms.

No need to test me until I feel sick and need a treatment, right?

But, you communist shit twinkle-toed butt fuckers want to test me so you can give me a false positive like you have been doing, to further cast a bullshit narrative.

NO TESTING PEOPLE WHO DO NOT FEEL SICK!!!! Let's head off the bullshit RIGHT NOW!!
Not right. Do you know what the word “asymptomatic” Means?

Don't test and the disease goes away. That's why trump doesn't have a syphilitic brain. :p

A month ago it took less than an afternoon to get covid results...today due to everyone being tested the wait time is 5 days...and that's a huge problem because people won't stay indoors for 5 days when they feel fine....
Sounds like we have some problems with our testing system. Should get immediate results. Need to fix that shit, right?
We have all the tests we need we don't have enough lab space...even after H1N1 Obama said we didn't need more labs built and staffed...but he nor any of us ever thought we would see a virus with so many asymptomatic infections...this is different than any virus we ever have seen before...

In other virus pandemics only people with symptoms were ever tested...so limiting the testing to sick people and folks that have come in contact with the virus and work related testing is wise at this time....at least until we get more labs up and running....so if you want to somehow place blame for this on the federal government it is misplaced blame......blame the virus for being so haphazard....and evil....blame China for creating this monster....
That’s actually a very thoughtful statement that I would agree with. Too bad that kind of messaging isn’t coming out of our White House. According to Trump, We are doing the best with testing.
Trump said tonight that if other nations including China tested as much as we do their infection numbers would be off the charts....and he is correct...daily infection counts are worthless with any infectious illness....its the death count that really matters...and the death rate with Covid in the USA is now lower than last years seasonal flu....

The infection rate game is a media ploy to make us look like failures and keep people frightened....you as a patriot should be very angry at that....I know I am because governors are locking back down again....for what?...so young people won't get sick?....we don't do this for the flu....

Even the CDC is backing off of their alarming recommendations on reopening schools.....

I saw a video of a Japanese elementary school as kids arrived in the morning and they had a whole thing set up to take the kids temp and sterilize their shoes and hands and book bags upon entering the school....what is wrong with our schools that they can't do the same?.....

We are too busy politicizing it...like testing threads on a message board seek to do....

A month ago it took less than an afternoon to get covid results...today due to everyone being tested the wait time is 5 days...and that's a huge problem because people won't stay indoors for 5 days when they feel fine....
Sounds like we have some problems with our testing system. Should get immediate results. Need to fix that shit, right?
We have all the tests we need we don't have enough lab space...even after H1N1 Obama said we didn't need more labs built and staffed...but he nor any of us ever thought we would see a virus with so many asymptomatic infections...this is different than any virus we ever have seen before...

In other virus pandemics only people with symptoms were ever tested...so limiting the testing to sick people and folks that have come in contact with the virus and work related testing is wise at this time....at least until we get more labs up and running....so if you want to somehow place blame for this on the federal government it is misplaced blame......blame the virus for being so haphazard....and evil....blame China for creating this monster....
That’s actually a very thoughtful statement that I would agree with. Too bad that kind of messaging isn’t coming out of our White House. According to Trump, We are doing the best with testing.
Trump said tonight that if other nations including China tested as much as we do their infection numbers would be off the charts....and he is correct...daily infection counts are worthless with any infectious illness....its the death count that really matters...and the death rate with Covid in the USA is now lower than last years seasonal flu....

The infection rate game is a media ploy to make us look like failures and keep people frightened....you as a patriot should be very angry at that....I know I am because governors are locking back down again....for what?...so young people won't get sick?....we don't do this for the flu....

Even the CDC is backing off of their alarming recommendations on reopening schools.....

I saw a video of a Japanese elementary school as kids arrived in the morning and they had a whole thing set up to take the kids temp and sterilize their shoes and hands and book bags upon entering the school....what is wrong with our schools that they can't do the same?.....

We are too busy politicizing it...like testing threads on a message board seek to do....
Just goes to show that Trump is only looking at the politics of it and not actually trying to work on the problem. Yes of course the more you test the more results you get and that’s how you root out a disease. That how you slow the spread and ultimately decrease the numbers. But Trump doesn’t see that so his only spin is to point at the death rate and try and stop testing. Meanwhile our hospitals are overcrowding again. How do you explain that one?

Just goes to show that Trump is only looking at the politics of it and not actually trying to work on the problem. Yes of course the more you test the more results you get and that’s how you root out a disease. That how you slow the spread and ultimately decrease the numbers. But Trump doesn’t see that so his only spin is to point at the death rate and try and stop testing. Meanwhile our hospitals are overcrowding again. How do you explain that one?
I guess its become easy and comforting for you to find fault with Trump on any issue....but Our food supply is not dead as predicted....the stock market is coming back and each month the unemployment rate goes down....current daily deaths due to covid are lower than last seasons flu due to new treatments...

The predicted caravans of illegals invading our southern border because of the pandemic never materialized....because of new arrangements with the nations to the south....we could have been invaded by a covid infected swarm of immigrants!!! Trump has done this....
I don't get his naysayers like you...I really don't...its like you hate him so anything he does you hate....that's irrational at best....

Last edited:

I guess its become easy and comforting for you to find fault with Trump on any issue....but Our food supply is not dead as predicted....the stock market is coming back and each month the unemployment rate goes down....current daily deaths due to covid are lower than last seasons flu due to new treatments...

The predicted caravans of illegals invading our southern border because of the pandemic never materialized....because of new arrangements with the nations to the south....we could have been invaded by a covid infected swarm of immigrants!!! Trump has done this....
I don't get his naysayers like you...I really don't...its like you hate him so anything he does you hate....that's irrational at best....
It’s easy to find fault in Trump because he is in way over his head and his dishonest political games are so transparent. This whole pandemic has been a major fuck up.

Why?

We already assume everyone has the virus (lockdown/muzzle mandates). No need to test for it unless you are sick, right?
Why are you a moron? Because you don’t understand basic things even after they are explained to you. That’s why
Maybe you suck hyena taint when it comes to explaining things?

If everyone is considered a carrier of the virus (like they are now) the only reason to test is to assess proper treatment protocols for people who are actually symptomatic.

So, why don't you explain to me why my position is wrong, and fuck off with your insults.
Saying everybody is a carrier of the virus is something that you made up in your fantasyland. Not something that is real. Another supporting fact of your moronism
You've got piss poor reading comprehension. Dude didn't say everybody is a carrier. He said everybody is CONSIDERED a carrier. That is absolutely true. The reason for universal lockdown policies is that even asymptomatic people can spread covid, which means that everybody has to be treated as a viral threat. Another way of saying that is that everybody has to be considered as someone who might right now be viral. And yet another way of saying that is that everybody has to be, and therefore is, considered a carrier of the virus, and therefore everybody has to lock down.

So the question is valid. If everybody has to be locked down anyway, why bother testing people who aren't symptomatic? So that you can proudly tell them that it's a good thing they stayed home, and that maybe they shouldn't have travelled out just to get tested for something that clearly isn't bothering them?
Jesus, what’s wrong with you people. Being cautious and treating everybody as POSSIBLE carriers is very different than the isolation/quarantine that KNOWN CARRIERS, would undertake. When somebody tests positive they can isolate to a higher degree as we have done during the shut down and contact tracing can be performed so people they were exposed to can be tested and isolate as well.

One is a safety precaution and the other is direct treatment/action
Nothing's wrong with me, I'm just pointing out that you obviously didn't understand what you were reading. Personally, if more testing means smarter, targeted lockdowns, I'm all for it. Given the level of nuance demonstrated by a lot of these governers thus far, I ain't exactly holding my breath, though. Your hypothetical arrangement strikes me as some overly optimistic apologetics, tbh.

Also, fuck contact tracing. I'm not sure what sort of mortality rate we'd have to deal with before I'd sign off on letting the people in power make it mandatory that we carry tracking devices at all times, but <1% sure AF ain't it, Chief. Maybe you want mommy and daddy government to keep you warm and cuddly and make the bad sniffles go away, but I'm not down to give up my privacy rights to ease your panic.
Contact tracing can be as simple as “Shit, I tested positive... Susie, cancel all plans, I’m going off grid for the next two weeks. Hey friends and family who I’ve seen lately... I’m positive, you should get tested.”
Voluntary, self-conducted contact tracing? I'm obviously not opposed to that, though I would've thought that doing this would go without saying in the first place, and I'm pretty sure you're approximately the only person using the term to signify anything other than a top down mandate to be performed by a third party.
I’m saying that the actions I just laid out. Getting tested, isolating of positive, informing those you’ve been in contact with so they can do the same.... these are responsible actions that actually make difference.

pushing for no testing, no masks, back to normal reopenings... this is why everything is going to shit again. It’s why I’m calling these people morons. Do you agree?

We've got a sensationalist media who's business model is to literally blow everything out of proportion for maximum outrage and fear views, so no, when people assume that covid has been blown way out of proportion to serve a profit motives and political agendas, and they respond with skepticism at ANY precaution being presented as necessary by those in power, I don't agree that they're morons. Just human.

Plus, personally, I'm all for the masks and testing. People that need to eat and pay their bills, though, need to be allowed to go back to work. If we can gather in crowds to shout political demands, we ought to be allowed to earn a living.
I’m not claiming that people taking reasonable, critical and skeptical views are morons. Thats you sensationalizing my point.

of course the media dishonestly over dramatizes things for profit. That’s not new news.

the morons are the ones, like I said, that are fighting for no masks, no testing, COVID is a hoax, back to normal.
I don't wanna drop multiple thread quotes into one post, but like you said in the post after this, we actually seem to agree on a lot of our opinions on the situation in general.

I suppose I simply don't view the overreactions to the media sensationalism as evidence of stupidity. I'm far from perfect in this, but I try to extend the same charity to people who I've always known to be intelligent and thoughtful who seem to be caught up in TDS. One of the problem with politics is that it's a topic that questions and touches upon some of our most basic values, so it's natural that a lot of people get defensive and emotional past the point of reason when their political views are challenged, and with covid, even if you eliminate the political divide from the equation, everybody is forced to weigh the risks of the disease against their ability to maintain their quality of life, their livelihood, sometimes the food and shelter of their family. This is some seriously emotional shit, so even though I have the same tendency to lean toward accusation and condescension, I try to keep in mind that humans are only rational compared to animals that can't talk, as well as the very real possibility that I'm the one who's got the facts and premises mixed up, and make my judgements accordingly.

Anyway, enough long winded rambling. Good convo, thanks.

Our younger daughter is a microbiologist, and she's been moved over to the COVID testing part of the lab for the interim. She told me yesterday that the overall positive rate for tests has gone up from about 6% to about 15%, with states like Arizona, Florida and New York bending the curve.

I ask her what she thinks of this downplaying of the virus, and she doesn't have words. She doesn't get it. And I don't really know what to tell her.

Everyone is NOT "considered a carrier"...they are considered a POSSIBLE carrier. There's a major difference.

And testing tells us where the virus is strong so we can allocate resources and isolate cases.
The fact that we are this far into this thing and still can't get enough tests done and in a timely manner is a failure of the Administration...a WILLFUL failure

Trump said tonight that if other nations including China tested as much as we do their infection numbers would be off the charts....and he is correct
No he is NOT correct.

If that were true they would have higher hospitalizations and deaths.

You can't hide this thing....as we are finding out

I was tested, Covid free.

How many leftists who are demanding testing, have gotten tested?

Try being honest.

Everyone is NOT "considered a carrier"...they are considered a POSSIBLE carrier. There's a major difference.

And testing tells us where the virus is strong so we can allocate resources and isolate cases.
The fact that we are this far into this thing and still can't get enough tests done and in a timely manner is a failure of the Administration...a WILLFUL failure
Did you get tested? I did.

Have you?

Clinics are open and have been open in Florida.

Tell you what. Where do you live? I will GOOGLE to see where you can get tested.

Set an appointment, go get tested, and stop being such a hypocritical liar.

Go ahead tell us the city, county you live if you are not a liar.

Watch this.

Why?

Incorrect and why?

A good amount of the society can be a carrier of the virus without showing signs, so it is best to test everyone and get this virus under control.
Have you been tested?

Yes, why?

Forum List

Back