Who should have the greater burden?

Democrats remove my choice, I don't remove theirs. Who has a greater onus to justify what they want?

• Kaz - democracy rules, you have no rights but what the majority gives you. Tom-ay-to, Tom-ah-to

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If I get my way, leftists still have their own choices intact. If they get their way, my choice is eliminated, I am forced to their view. Should those who remove the rights of others have a greater onus to justify that removal of rights? Or do we just vote and that's it? You disagree, you're screwed?

I'd like to vote, but I have no idea what you are ranting about

Give us some specifics

Last edited:
If I get my way, leftists still have their own choices intact. If they get their way, my choice is eliminated, I am forced to their view. Should those who remove the rights of others have a greater onus to justify that removal of rights? Or do we just vote and that's it? You disagree, you're screwed?

Give us some specifics

Ah, finally a Republican. Now we'll get some sense in the conversation. Wait, a Republican who doesn't know how leftists are removing our choices. Hmm... someone is confused, I think it's you...

Your way on what? Way to be non specific. If Kaz rules the world it will be beautiful, but if Democrats rule the world Kaz is sad. Why?

Because if I rule the world, you still have the ability to make your own choices. If you rule the world, you eliminate my right to make my own choices.

I should start a thread on that. Wait, I did, you are posting in it.

Any chance you're going to sign up for remedial reading or are you going to just roam from thread to thread endlessly not grasping the discussion? You can Pogo should start a club, you can call it, "I don't get it"

Couldn't possibly be that you fucked up and forgot to bring a topic.
It's the anti-paranoiac:"They're all out to not get me!"

:cuckoo:

It's funny how you leftists are the only ones saying you don't know what I'm referring to

I've seen Special Ed threads with more of a mission statement. Seriously.

Give us some specifics

He/she/it did. It's obviously a poll about the correct pronunciation of "tomato". I'm going with "yes".
:tomato:

Would this "choice" be one involving regular or decaf, possibly?

If so, I would suggest switching to the decaf, although I would certainly never enforce it as I believe in keeping these options open.

If people want to get so hyped up on caffeine that they skip right past explaining what the fuck they are talking about in their posts, that's their business.

Your way on what? Way to be non specific. If Kaz rules the world it will be beautiful, but if Democrats rule the world Kaz is sad. Why?

Because if I rule the world, you still have the ability to make your own choices. If you rule the world, you eliminate my right to make my own choices.

Any chance you're going to sign up for remedial reading or are you going to just roam from thread to thread endlessly not grasping the discussion? You can Pogo should start a club, you can call it, "I don't get it"

It's funny how you leftists are the only ones saying you don't know what I'm referring to

Yet anyone who isn't a leftist could explain it to you

Then you must be a leftist.

What a revelation. Up to now we only knew you were not-a-Republican.
Yes... yes I see. It's all coming together now....

Then you must be a leftist.

What a revelation. Up to now we only knew you were not-a-Republican.
Yes... yes I see. It's all coming together now....

Ruler of the playground! I salute you, sir. Well played

Can't chose neither one.

First choice, lefties and rational justification can't go together.
Second, mob rule is what lefties want.

I wanna see where this is going.

Are you trying to claim that coconuts are migratory?

Actually they are, they travel across thousands of mile of ocean.

-- African or European?

-- African or European?

What?

That's the point that liberals keep avoiding. THEY are the ones who want to impose their values on others. If I'm a Christian vendor and I decline to service your gay wedding, I have not denied you any basic rights; I have not prevented you from getting married; I have not forced you to do something that you find morally offensive; I have not prevented you from quickly and easily using any of the numerous other vendors who would be willing to service ceremony. At worst, I have wasted a few minutes of your time.

Again, if a gay couple asked an old-style hippie photographer to photograph their wedding and he declined on the basis that he viewed marriage as an archaic and oppressive institution and that he did not photograph any weddings whatsoever, the gay couple would chuckle and just go get another photographer. They wouldn't start whining about "discrimination" nor run to the nearest ACLU office to start a lawsuit against the hippie.

But if a Christian photographer were to decline on the basis that he did not want to photograph a gay wedding because of his religious beliefs, they would seek to coerce or punish him.

Recall the case of the bistro owners in Iowa who were asked to host a gay wedding. They politely declined to host the wedding because of their religious views but they volunteered to bake a cake for the wedding. But, nope, that wasn't good enough for the gay rights gestapo, and the gay couple sued the owners.

Last edited:
  • Thanks
Reactions: kaz

They are carried by swallows actually. Not sure if they are European Swallows or African Swallows

That's the point that liberals keep avoiding. THEY are the ones who want to impose their values on others. If I'm a Christian vendor and I decline to service your gay wedding, I have not denied you any basic rights; I have not prevented you from getting married; I have not forced you to do something that you find morally offensive; I have not prevented you from quickly and easily using any of the numerous other vendors who would be willing to service ceremony. At worst, I have wasted a few minutes of your time.

You can make the exact same argument for justifying refusing to do business with people of color.

Does that mean our laws are all wrong on civil rights in this area?

-- African or European?

Beat me to it!

On reflection, maybe they are American swallows, I understand an American Swallow can carry two coconuts

If Kaz has his way, rural minorities just "suck it up" and grow their own food, make their own fuel, pump their own septic tanks and never take the family out to eat locally. What a lovely world Kaz wants isn't it?

Forum List

Back