Who other than Baltimore or San Francisco can win the Super Bowl?

33 on SF
28 and 31 on CLE

Those are the 2 best defenses they’ve played this year. If 30 points is cant score……..

The prime time JCKVILE game showed Jackson as nearly untouchable, unbeatable as he ran around at will. If teams try to cover that….it leaves something else more open. MVP was then clinched after that, at SF.

i dont normally care much about MVP or HOF (bunch of drunk MSM sportswriters voting on who was nice to them?). Ugh. But if the award is real? I give it to Lamar.

The prime time JCKVILE game showed Jackson as nearly untouchable, unbeatable as he ran around at will. If teams try to cover that….it leaves something else more open. MVP was then clinched after that, at SF.

i dont normally care much about MVP or HOF (bunch of drunk MSM sportswriters voting on who was nice to them?). Ugh. But if the award is real? I give it to Lamar.

If Baltimore gets out of the AFC they will win the SB. Their biggest challenge will be if they have to play Pittsburgh or Cleveland. Jackson is just so different that teams to dont face him struggle. It's why the Ravens were so dominant against the NFC this year.

Dont forget the KC game is on Peacock. I don’t have. I won’t sign up. I don’t have Amazon either. I missed all THURS night games.

but some sort of phone size streaming comes with fanduel. You fight login timeouts and it is so small. It often just quits too.

Any team in the playoffs is capable of winning the Super Bowl. Just have to get hot at the right time. That’s part of the appeal on the NFL.

Any team in the playoffs is capable of winning the Super Bowl. Just have to get hot at the right time. That’s part of the appeal on the NFL.

wow. pitt at the bottom? I would have thought TB with Mayfields apparentl injured ribs? Injuries to MIA are big also.

i cant cut & paste well on tablet. Those were the opening odds. A bi different today, but similar. Shown at bottom.
San Francisco

San Francisco
+220
Baltimore

Baltimore
+300
Buffalo

Buffalo
+600
Dallas

Dallas
+800
Kansas City

Kansas City
+1,100
Miami

Miami
+2,000
Philadelphia

Philadelphia
+1,800
Detroit

Detroit
+1,800
Cleveland

Cleveland
+3,000
L.A. Rams

L.A. Rams
+4,000
Houston

Houston
+5,000
Tampa Bay

Tampa Bay
+7,000
Green Bay

Green Bay
+9,000
Pittsburgh

Pittsburgh
+12,000
FanDuelDraftKingsPointsBetBetMGMBetRiversCaesarsbet365
+210+220+200+225+220+205+225
+320+300+300+325+300+320+320
+650+600+600+650+600+625+650
+750+800+850+750+800+700+750
+1,000+1,100+900+1,000+1,000+1,000+900
+1,700+2,000+1,800+1,600+2,200+1,800+2,000
+1,800+1,800+1,600+1,800+2,000+2,000+1,600
+2,200+1,800+2,000+2,000+1,800+2,200+1,800
+3,000+3,000+2,800+3,000+2,800+2,800+3,000
+5,000+4,000+4,000+5,000+4,000+4,000+4,000
+7,000+5,000+4,000+5,000+5,000+6,000+4,000
+9,500+7,000+6,600+6,600+6,600+8,000+6,000
+10,000+9,000+9,000+8,000+7,500+10,000+6,600
+13,000+12,000+12,500+12,500+10,000+12,500+12,500

Last edited:
KC is lucky to have bad weather. Their defense could save them. The offense has been lousy all year? Maybe since the OC left for WASH.

Look at the OAK TDAY game. KC was demolished start to end. They looked as bad as any team in the NFL that day.
KC has been bad lately for sure, but Miami has not shown it can win anywhere in cold weather and this about as cold as it gets. And windy. Might be a lot of short passing routes from both teams.

it’s become such a game of clock, referreee calls, passing only…..game of inches on the mark, super slow mode replay decisions. It has become who gets the ball last to get a FG.

look at DET DAL game for example. Two pretty good teams. If GOFF gets that 2nd 2-pt pass up a littlle higher out front? I think that guy scores. Just a few inches and its all different.

The outcome matters to those who place some sort of bet.
In truth for me, I honestly don't have all that much interest in the game unless I'm playing fantasy football and then I'm focused on individual performances of guys on a lot of different teams.

Neither Hombre nor I would watch when the teams got so political there for awhile and even he, once a passionate fan, isn't as much so because it has become all big business and has lost much of the sporting aspect. We used to know the coaches and at least main players on every team, but there is little team loyalty by players anymore--it's all on how much money they can get. And if a coach has a bad year or two he's usually out and coaching somewhere else.

But, we'll watch the playoff games this year and will probably pick a team to root for. Or not. Hombre would once wear a black arm band if the Cowboys lost. Now it's more meh. :)

KC has been bad lately for sure, but Miami has not shown it can win anywhere in cold weather and this about as cold as it gets. And windy. Might be a lot of short passing routes from both teams.
Too bad we can't watch. Hombre decided he won't feed NBC's greed by putting the game behind a paywall on Peacock even by signing up for the 'free trial." I support that idea but am disappointed we can't see the game.

PHI has fallen so far (from 10-1) that they get no mention. At start of year I though they had the two best lines in The NFL. It’s like they quit trying? Like they no longer buy into the coaching game plans? Or they have been resting? But no one coughs up the #2 seed to play possum do they? Now 18:1.

granted the 10-1 start was somewhat smoke and mirrors.

I would take the Texans over Cleveland if Tank Dell was not on IR and Noah Brown was not injured, Stroud just does not have the targets to throw to, but he will still keep it close and still might win it against a potent Cleveland defense. Flacco is also one of the best ever in road playoff games, right now he is tied with Roger Staubach for 2nd most road playoff victories with 8, if he wins he moves into 2nd place by himself and only trails Brady by 2 games.

I made the graph and no, I don't know they are playing indoors just trying to point out places with a potential where the weather could be a big factor. Even if they are indoors in Detroit, still, I have to think coming there and it only being a few degrees out and having to deal with that has to affect a person's playing.
Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City is not a domed stadium though. And the temperature is forecast to be zero at kickoff time. Seems to me that would be putting players (and fans) at risk of frost bite especially if there is wind and there usually is wind in that part of the world. At any rate it would be miserable for the players. Especially the Dolphins.

I would take the Texans over Cleveland if Tank Dell was not on IR and Noah Brown was not injured, Stroud just does not have the targets to throw to, but he will still keep it close and still might win it against a potent Cleveland defense. Flacco is also one of the best ever in road playoff games, right now he is tied with Roger Staubach for 2nd most road playoff victories with 8, if he wins he moves into 2nd place by himself and only trails Brady by 2 games.
Nico Collins. One of the top few wideouts in the game. And can run over defenders. Did you see him vs. INDY? That was playoff game1 for HOU. Road win.

Arrowhead Stadium in Kansas City is not a domed stadium though. And the temperature is forecast to be zero at kickoff time. Seems to me that would be putting players (and fans) at risk of frost bite especially if there is wind and there usually is wind in that part of the world. At any rate it would be miserable for the players. Especially the Dolphins.

They’ve used that Cold story for decades. SD@CIN 89’? Was -37 wind chill or some BS? I think CIN won a close game? They said soft SD could not handle cold.

bigger issue is High Winds iMO. Passing becomes a real issue. Like in the BUF game coming up.

Nico Collins. One of the top few wideouts in the game. And can run over defenders. Did you see him vs. INDY? That was playoff game1 for HOU. Road win.
Yea, he is a beast, and he will get a ton of targets, but he and the TE Schultz are all he really has, I expect Singletary will be busy out of the backfield catching passes.

I read that some tickets for the K.C. game are going for $50 or less, this will be the first playoff game of the Mahomes era that does not have every seat filled.

They’ve used that Cold story for decades. SD@CIN 89’? Was -37 wind chill or some BS? I think CIN won a close game? They said soft SD could not handle cold.
That was the Freezer Bowl, second coldest game behind the Ice Bowl (GB/DAL) in 1967.

Remember that picture of Kellen Winslow being helped off the field in Miami after that OT playoff win? It was very humid and warm in that game, and the next week the Chargers go to Cincy for the 2nd coldest game ever.

I read that some tickets for the K.C. game are going for $50 or less, this will be the first playoff game of the Mahomes era that does not have every seat filled.
Many KC fans are afraid of the cold weather. Green Bay Packers fans show-up despite freezing temperatures.

That was the Freezer Bowl, second coldest game behind the Ice Bowl (GB/DAL) in 1967.

Remember that picture of Kellen Winslow being helped off the field in Miami after that OT playoff win? It was very humid and warm in that game, and the next week the Chargers go to Cincy for the 2nd coldest game ever.
I've seen films of the famous Ice Bowl game and the stadium was full.

Too bad we can't watch. Hombre decided he won't feed NBC's greed by putting the game behind a paywall on Peacock even by signing up for the 'free trial." I support that idea but am disappointed we can't see the game.
Don't have Peacock
Won't get Peacock
If I had it, I'd cancel.

Focque NBC

Forum List

Back