CDZ Who is the most beautiful First lady ever?

God, what would HAPPEN if we didn't have politicians and their wives to tell us what to do, what to eat, how to live. My God. I know, I know, some of you would just not know what you should do and would eat at McDonalds every single day!! :wink_2: Lol.
You are really something else. Each first lady has a 'cause.'

Ellen Wilson, 1913-1914
After visiting the squalid streets where many of Washington D.C.'s poor black and immigrant denizens lived, Woodrow Wilson's first wife took up the need for better urban housing. In early 1914, "Ellen Wilson's bill" — the first legislation to be so publicly spurred on by a first lady — was introduced. Although Congress initially squabbled over who would pay, lawmakers quickly passed the bill after hearing of Ellen's rapidly declining health. She lived just long enough to get the news before succumbing to kidney disease that August.

Lady Bird Johnson, 1963-1969
As testament to her environmental ardor, a grove of skyscraper-esque trees in Redwood National Park bears the name of Lady Bird Johnson. During her husband's time in office, she fully embraced nature, whether that meant planting thousands of tulips in Washington or sponsoring the Highway Beautification Act. At one point, the Secretary of the Interior noted that, "Mrs. Johnson has been a 'shadow' Secretary of the Interior for much of her life."

Rosalynn Carter, 1977-1981
Carter made a campaign promise to get her husband Jimmy to establish a council on mental health. Once in the White House, she made good on that pact. Although she only had an honorary role with the council, she used her position to speak widely on mental illness. Carter also helped push through legislation that would have improved mental health facilities had funding for the project not been scuttled when Ronald Reagan took office only weeks later.

Nancy Reagan, 1981-1989
1981 was not Nancy Reagan's best year. She spent much of her husband's first months in office being dismissed and mocked as "Fancy Nancy," little more than an extravagant party-goer. Partly to negate this perception, she embarked on a campaign against drugs: "Just Say No." During the following years, the slogan inspired thousands to start "Just Say No" clubs and millions to participate in "Just Say No" marches. Her popularity saw a boost, and student drug and alcohol addiction — though by no means eradicated — decreased from one-third to one-fourth in the mid-80s.

Laura Bush, 2001-2009
Soon after taking up in the White House, former librarian Laura Bush launched "Ready to Read, Ready to Learn" in an effort to prime young children for the world of literature. Laura followed in the footsteps of mother-in-law Barbara Bush, who helped pass the National Literacy Act in 1991. The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy was christened in 1989 and has since helped fund more than 750 reading programs.

Michelle Obama, 2009-Present
On Tuesday, Michelle Obama announced she would work to fight childhood obesity. An oft-quoted statistic holds that almost one-third of American children are now overweight or obese. Her "Let's Move" plan (bolstered by an executive memo from her husband) centers on parent awareness, making healthier foods more available and creating fitness programs that get kids moving. Setting a personal example has been integral to her approach to this behavior-based problem. Hence her White House garden, which she hopes will serve as a model for communities and families alike.

We have a crisis of childhood obesity in America. Why any sensible person would object to someone wanting to help with the problem, to teach children to eat right and avoid obesity and problems resulting from it, like diabetes, is beyond comprehension. The only explanation is the virulent hatred the right has for the Obamas.

If you were able to follow along, you would see that I already acknowledged that every first lady (at least since my days) has had some kind of cause. That doesn't make Michelle any more "special" than any other first lady. People are obese because they just don't care. Do you actually think a person gets to weigh 300 pounds and isn't aware of the reason WHY?

So . . . I suppose that could be the case with some of you, the way you seem to need guidance from POLITICIANS. Lol. Too funny and ridiculous. :lol:

It was a strange time in our history

Blacks were expected to be patriotic to a country that treated them like second class citizens
And now Whites are expected to be Patriotic to a country that treats them like second class citizens.

Strange times indeed.

How are you treated like a second class citizen?

Been asked to ride on the back of the bus lately?

I am not a RW'er who is going to say Michelle looks like a man. It's ignorant. Most 1st ladies get to the white house later in life - 40s, 50s and even 60s. Nevertheless, while Michelle is very good looking for her age, she doesn't hold a candle to Jackie:

images

Blacks were expected to be patriotic to a country that treated them like second class citizens
And now Whites are expected to be Patriotic to a country that treats them like second class citizens.

Strange times indeed.

Well, you don't hear WOMEN complaining all the time, now do you? :D

Strange times indeed.

I give women my seat on a bus

Strange times indeed.

Yes. I'm told constantly that Whites are the reason for everything that is wrong with the country and things would be better if there were fewer of us.

Liberals advocate Genocide against White people.

I never realized you suffer so much in life

I can't see how blacks could complain about lynching, firebombing and attack dogs...they should walk a mile in your shoes

Strange times indeed.

Point is, I'll bet women are discriminated against far more than black people in today's day and age. Remember, this is not the 1950s or 1960s anymore. Most young people are totally accepting of black people. Prejudice against black people is mostly relegated to old people who were from a different time.

God, what would HAPPEN if we didn't have politicians and their wives to tell us what to do, what to eat, how to live. My God. I know, I know, some of you would just not know what you should do and would eat at McDonalds every single day!! :wink_2: Lol.

Ellen Wilson, 1913-1914
After visiting the squalid streets where many of Washington D.C.'s poor black and immigrant denizens lived, Woodrow Wilson's first wife took up the need for better urban housing. In early 1914, "Ellen Wilson's bill" — the first legislation to be so publicly spurred on by a first lady — was introduced. Although Congress initially squabbled over who would pay, lawmakers quickly passed the bill after hearing of Ellen's rapidly declining health. She lived just long enough to get the news before succumbing to kidney disease that August.

As testament to her environmental ardor, a grove of skyscraper-esque trees in Redwood National Park bears the name of Lady Bird Johnson. During her husband's time in office, she fully embraced nature, whether that meant planting thousands of tulips in Washington or sponsoring the Highway Beautification Act. At one point, the Secretary of the Interior noted that, "Mrs. Johnson has been a 'shadow' Secretary of the Interior for much of her life."

Carter made a campaign promise to get her husband Jimmy to establish a council on mental health. Once in the White House, she made good on that pact. Although she only had an honorary role with the council, she used her position to speak widely on mental illness. Carter also helped push through legislation that would have improved mental health facilities had funding for the project not been scuttled when Ronald Reagan took office only weeks later.

Nancy Reagan, 1981-1989
1981 was not Nancy Reagan's best year. She spent much of her husband's first months in office being dismissed and mocked as "Fancy Nancy," little more than an extravagant party-goer. Partly to negate this perception, she embarked on a campaign against drugs: "Just Say No." During the following years, the slogan inspired thousands to start "Just Say No" clubs and millions to participate in "Just Say No" marches. Her popularity saw a boost, and student drug and alcohol addiction — though by no means eradicated — decreased from one-third to one-fourth in the mid-80s.

Laura Bush, 2001-2009
Soon after taking up in the White House, former librarian Laura Bush launched "Ready to Read, Ready to Learn" in an effort to prime young children for the world of literature. Laura followed in the footsteps of mother-in-law Barbara Bush, who helped pass the National Literacy Act in 1991. The Barbara Bush Foundation for Family Literacy was christened in 1989 and has since helped fund more than 750 reading programs.

On Tuesday, Michelle Obama announced she would work to fight childhood obesity. An oft-quoted statistic holds that almost one-third of American children are now overweight or obese. Her "Let's Move" plan (bolstered by an executive memo from her husband) centers on parent awareness, making healthier foods more available and creating fitness programs that get kids moving. Setting a personal example has been integral to her approach to this behavior-based problem. Hence her White House garden, which she hopes will serve as a model for communities and families alike.

We have a crisis of childhood obesity in America. Why any sensible person would object to someone wanting to help with the problem, to teach children to eat right and avoid obesity and problems resulting from it, like diabetes, is beyond comprehension. The only explanation is the virulent hatred the right has for the Obamas.

If you were able to follow along, you would see that I already acknowledged that every first lady (at least since my days) has had some kind of cause. That doesn't make Michelle any more "special" than any other first lady. People are obese because they just don't care. Do you actually think a person gets to weigh 300 pounds and isn't aware of the reason WHY?

So . . . I suppose that could be the case with some of you, the way you seem to need guidance from POLITICIANS. Lol. Too funny and ridiculous. :lol:
I didn't say it made her special; my point was that it makes her just like any other first lady.As well, you don't know why people are obese. Saying they just don't care would be like saying drug addicts and alcoholics don't care and why should Mrs. Ford and Nancy Reagan have a campaigns against substance abuse.

Strange times indeed.

Point is, I'll bet women are discriminated against far more than black people in today's day and age. Remember, this is not the 1950s or 1960s anymore. Most young people are totally accepting of black people. Prejudice against black people is mostly relegated to old people who were from a different time.
LOL Ya think?

Ellen Wilson, 1913-1914

Nancy Reagan, 1981-1989

Laura Bush, 2001-2009

I didn't say it made her special; my point was that it makes her just like any other first lady.As well, you don't know why people are obese. Saying they just don't care would be like saying drug addicts and alcoholics don't care and why should Mrs. Ford and Nancy Reagan have a campaigns against substance abuse.

People KNOW that eating McDonald's every day is going to make them fat. For you to suggest that they NEED the first lady to tell them so is ridiculous. People do these things because they want to do them. I'm not saying that first ladies cannot have their pet campaigns, but they also need to realize that they cannot FORCE their ideals onto others. Suggestions are fine.

Ellen Wilson, 1913-1914

Nancy Reagan, 1981-1989

Laura Bush, 2001-2009

People KNOW that eating McDonald's every day is going to make them fat. For you to suggest that they NEED the first lady to tell them so is ridiculous. People do these things because they want to do them. I'm not saying that first ladies cannot have their pet campaigns, but they also need to realize that they cannot FORCE their ideals onto others. Suggestions are fine.
People know that taking drugs is bad for them and causes addictions that can ruin your life. ~Therefore,why did Nancy Reagan bother to have a campaign to just say no to drugs?

Ellen Wilson, 1913-1914

Nancy Reagan, 1981-1989

Laura Bush, 2001-2009

People know that taking drugs is bad for them and causes addictions that can ruin your life. ~Therefore,why did Nancy Reagan bother to have a campaign to just say no to drugs?

Hmm. Good question. Would you say her campaign was a success? Like I said, suggestions are fine but you cannot force your ideals onto other people who just don't care. What is the point of a school lunch program that the kids aren't going to eat? You need to make healthy food ATTRACTIVE to children. You can't just throw a pile of spinach in front of them and say, this is good for you, now eat it. Yes, educate people and make suggestions, but don't think you have any right to force your views upon another. That is the only point I'm making. It failed for Nancy Reagan, and it will fail for Michelle Obama too.

In fact, I don't remember EVER seeing as many obese children and young adults. It's like a game trying to find the normal sized children. When I was a kid, fat people were the minority. Now, they are the norm, and thin people are the minority. This is because of eating habits? No, it is because of many, many different factors.

I love it when haters say woman like her or Serena Williams are not beautiful. Once I was in a doctors office and Serena won and I cheered and a white old lady says "you like that?" And I said "yea she's hot" and she said "that monkey?!". Couldn't believe it. Hopefully she was dying. Lol
Lovely pic.

It's just amazing that people like that woman in the doctor's office exist. What on Earth is wrong with them? Sad examples of the human species.

Oh yes, because if people don't think Michelle is beautiful, they are sad examples of the human species. OMG, now I've heard it all. :cuckoo:
No, you missed the point. The sad example of a human being is the racist who calls a black person a 'monkey.'

We know what they are thinking. They so badly wanted to call Michelle those racist epitaphs.

And some of us will still do drugs even though Nancy Reagan told us to just say no. And Mrs Obamas war on fat won't cost as much as Nancy's war on drugs.

So money is a deciding factor in causes, interesting take.

Strange times indeed.

The short bus

Strange times indeed.

Yes. I'm told constantly that Whites are the reason for everything that is wrong with the country and things would be better if there were fewer of us.

Liberals advocate Genocide against White people.

I never realized you suffer so much in life

I can't see how blacks could complain about lynching, firebombing and attack dogs...they should walk a mile in your shoes

Yeah man all those things are current events too

Most Blacks have never experienced any of that yet they all act like they have

It seems to be that way, unfortunately. Of course, they will just tell us that all police are racist, so that explains it, even the black ones. :D

Last edited:
Well this has gotten totally ri
Barack is a smart guy to land the beautiful & successful career woman & excellent mother of two beautiful daughters :)
excellent mother? comedy gold.:lmao:

Hillary was pretty classy during Clintons first term, too. Not too shabby looking, either.

she was an even bigger evil bitch tham michell.lol.

Hillary is still hot. Smart is sexy.

Hillary is the one I could see being into S&M.:lmao:

I'm thinking Nancy Reagan

I was just trying to admire them all & didnt take the question all that serious. lol sheesh
No first lady forces anyone to do anything ...they are in a position to bring awareness to important issues...and that's what they do.

Forum List

Back