Who is a bigger threat to our Democracy; Hunter Biden or Donald Trump?

They were dealing with uneducated massed of very superstitious people and had every right to want a Republic that had a layer between them and the decision making. The world and the Constitution has moved on to the information age and democratic elections are the norm for most all governing positions, except the judiciary.
The US is a Constitutional Republic and has always been one. I will not be controlled by loons from the East and West Coast.

The US is a Constitutional Republic and has always been one. I will not be controlled by loons from the East and West Coast.

"virtually no one argues for the sort of democracy denounced by Madison. Wanting to abolish the electoral college, or even abolishing the Senate, does not make one into an advocate of Madison's version of a democracy.

In fact, every single regime on earth today that calls itself "a democracy" clearly qualifies as a republic according to Madison's definition. All the countries that are described as democracies in contemporary discourse use representative schemes of government, and all have a system which at least in part "derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people." They also all elect representatives instead of employing direct lawmaking.

Consequently, in contemporary usage, there is no relevant difference between the words "republic" and "democracy." Thus, claiming a preference for a republic over a democracy communicates essentially zero information unless one precisely defines the two terms in a way that departs significantly from Madison's definitions.

Not surprisingly, of course, those who bring up the Founding Fathers and their republic-not-a-democracy claim rarely bother to define the actual difference between the two. If these modern republicans were to use Madison's definition, of course, they would quickly find that warnings about Madison's sort of democracy are irrelevant in the modern world.

Now, this isn't to say that one cannot argue against the excesses of majoritarian government — or even against majoritarian government in toto. There are many plausible and respectable arguments against it.

But, if anyone wants to argue against majoritarianism, he should simply do so. There is no need to rely on a half-baked usage of the writings of "the Founding Fathers" who clearly supported a political system in which majority votes play a big part in selecting elected officials, and which is obviously a democracy according to the modern usage of the term.

"virtually no one argues for the sort of democracy denounced by Madison. Wanting to abolish the electoral college, or even abolishing the Senate, does not make one into an advocate of Madison's version of a democracy.

In fact, every single regime on earth today that calls itself "a democracy" clearly qualifies as a republic according to Madison's definition. All the countries that are described as democracies in contemporary discourse use representative schemes of government, and all have a system which at least in part "derives all its powers directly or indirectly from the great body of the people." They also all elect representatives instead of employing direct lawmaking.

Consequently, in contemporary usage, there is no relevant difference between the words "republic" and "democracy." Thus, claiming a preference for a republic over a democracy communicates essentially zero information unless one precisely defines the two terms in a way that departs significantly from Madison's definitions.

Not surprisingly, of course, those who bring up the Founding Fathers and their republic-not-a-democracy claim rarely bother to define the actual difference between the two. If these modern republicans were to use Madison's definition, of course, they would quickly find that warnings about Madison's sort of democracy are irrelevant in the modern world.

Now, this isn't to say that one cannot argue against the excesses of majoritarian government — or even against majoritarian government in toto. There are many plausible and respectable arguments against it.

But, if anyone wants to argue against majoritarianism, he should simply do so. There is no need to rely on a half-baked usage of the writings of "the Founding Fathers" who clearly supported a political system in which majority votes play a big part in selecting elected officials, and which is obviously a democracy according to the modern usage of the term.
A fucking opinion piece is your proof. Look up the founding Fathers opinions on Democracies and then you will know the truth they loathed them.

A fucking opinion piece is your proof. Look up the founding Fathers opinions on Democracies and then you will know the truth they loathed them.

Proof of what? That somebody has a different opinion than you do?

Poor Trigger......

1670436826882.png

Ah, and now you're replaying the ignorant card from before. Very lame that, after I nuked it the first time. Then you're trying the tried and true, "but, but somebody else did something and that should insulate my guy from criticism". Nope, start a thread on Jared if you want to talk about him, but he's irrelevant to this.

Nice try, though. I'd give it about a 2 out of 10, maybe put it at the 5th grade level. Keep trying, you might get there one day.

You nuked it? Are you running around in your mothers basement naked right now trying to set your hair on fire. You obviously have evidence of Hunter doing something that will hurt the country. I just do not get why you wouldn't help Bill Barr out when he was in control of the Hunter investigation?

Who is a bigger threat to our Democracy; Hunter Biden or Donald Trump?​

WELL LESSEE:
  1. TRUMP fighting corruption at the federal level for common Americans using millions of his own dollars trying to save us from...
  2. BIDEN who has made democracy meaningless in a country without free elections, treating the nation like trash, as his sex-doper son travels the world collecting millions of dollars for the Biden regime so they can pay to play!
Gee Golly , I just can't make up my mind!

200 copy.gif

0002f407.jpg

Look up what the founding Father thought about Democracies.
Name one modern country that exists and uses a direct democracy system that the founder warned about.

The Government, our representatives, derive their power to govern from we the people though democratic elections, mostly, winner takes all (50% + 1). Most government across the free world are like that.

Name one modern country that exists and uses a direct democracy system that the founder warned about.

The Government, our representatives, derive their power to govern from we the people though democratic elections, mostly, winner takes all (50% + 1). Most government across the free world are like that.
The US is a Constitution Republic end of argument.

You nuked it? Are you running around in your mothers basement naked right now trying to set your hair on fire. You obviously have evidence of Hunter doing something that will hurt the country. I just do not get why you wouldn't help Bill Barr out when he was in control of the Hunter investigation?
So you're still playing ignorant and pretending you didn't see the questions I've posed to you several times now. You are being persistent, that's for sure, persistently wrong. You can claim all sorts of things about me if you want to, but just remember I predicted exactly what you're doing right now. The entertainment continues.

So you're still playing ignorant and pretending you didn't see the questions I've posed to you several times now. You are being persistent, that's for sure, persistently wrong. You can claim all sorts of things about me if you want to, but just remember I predicted exactly what you're doing right now. The entertainment continues.

I am wondering why you want to break the law by withholding evidence. Since you claim there is wrong doing you have evidence that the tRump/Barr DOJ could not find or the IRS. So good poster we are all waiting for this big reveal. Or are you waiting for Mike Pillow to release his fraudulent election evidence first then you can do the double whammy. You are correct this is entertaining watching you double talk and provide zippo.

WELL LESSEE:
  1. TRUMP fighting corruption at the federal level for common Americans using millions of his own dollars trying to save us from...
  2. BIDEN who has made democracy meaningless in a country without free elections, treating the nation like trash, as his sex-doper son travels the world collecting millions of dollars for the Biden regime so they can pay to play!
Gee Golly , I just can't make up my mind!

View attachment 735885
View attachment 735892
"TRUMP fighting corruption at the federal level for common Americans using millions of his own dollars trying to save us from..."
Well said trained monkey.

I am wondering why you want to break the law by withholding evidence. Since you claim there is wrong doing you have evidence that the tRump/Barr DOJ could not find or the IRS. So good poster we are all waiting for this big reveal. Or are you waiting for Mike Pillow to release his fraudulent election evidence first then you can do the double whammy. You are correct this is entertaining watching you double talk and provide zippo.
Boy, you certainly are persistent, now answer those questions I gave you so we can proceed. You played ignorant, so I'm helping educate you (not that you're taking good advantage of it). Why are you having such a hard time with it?

I'll even make it easy for you by cutting off the branch you're standing on. I never said I have evidence of wrongdoing, but of course, your 5th grade mindset thought it was a good idea to leap around the campfire, claiming I did, which you then could leverage to distract fnrom the fact that you failed miserably to deal with reality, which is that Hunter has been paid big bucks by foreign countries for a do-nothing job in an area he knows nothing about and is now getting big bucks for paintings that normally would not go for more than $10. Now, tell me why they're worth so much now and how much you think they'll be worth after Quid Pro leaves office in 2 years.

Naturally, my money is on you executing yet another badly performed dance move, pretending you somehow have something that will distract me from the point that you are desperately avoiding.

Neither one is really a threat to our democracy. Trump was already president for four years and yet we still have democracy.
True. Trump was a test of our Democracy and our Democratic Republic won. Trump was one of the biggest tests of our system and our system won.
Trump was a stress test of our Constitution and our Constitution won. That is why Trump has requested our Constitution be suspended. He can't beat as hard as he tried and continues to try.

True. Trump was a test of our Democracy and our Democratic Republic won. Trump was one of the biggest tests of our system and our system won.
Trump was a stress test of our Constitution and our Constitution won. That is why Trump has requested our Constitution be suspended. He can't beat as hard as he tried and continues to try.
Democrats were a test of our democracy and I'm not so sure we won. The jury is still out on that. They have abused their power for political advantage in a number of ways and they tried an insurrection by trying to eliminate the Senate filibuster but, thank God, Manchin and Sinema refused to let them get away with one of their insurrection attempts. As I said, the jury is still out on their other insurrection attempts, such as their Kangaroo House Jan 6th court and their weaponizing of the DOJ to go after political enemies, just to name two others. They also attempted a total coup of the media and were about to label everything from the opposing side misinformation. Fortunately, they failed at those.

Last edited:
Boy, you certainly are persistent, now answer those questions I gave you so we can proceed. You played ignorant, so I'm helping educate you (not that you're taking good advantage of it). Why are you having such a hard time with it?

I'll even make it easy for you by cutting off the branch you're standing on. I never said I have evidence of wrongdoing, but of course, your 5th grade mindset thought it was a good idea to leap around the campfire, claiming I did, which you then could leverage to distract fnrom the fact that you failed miserably to deal with reality, which is that Hunter has been paid big bucks by foreign countries for a do-nothing job in an area he knows nothing about and is now getting big bucks for paintings that normally would not go for more than $10. Now, tell me why they're worth so much now and how much you think they'll be worth after Quid Pro leaves office in 2 years.

Naturally, my money is on you executing yet another badly performed dance move, pretending you somehow have something that will distract me from the point that you are desperately avoiding.

They are and will be worth whatever someone is willing to pay for them. It is called the free market. See how easy that is.
Why is Jared getting $2,000,000,000 from the Saudi 's for something he knows nothing about different. Especially since Jared was part of the tRump Whitehouse and last I checked Hunter is not part of the ByeDon Whitehouse. It is not so nice trying to educate someone like you that is incapable of non partisan thought. But we shall try to get you up to speed.

Forum List

Back