Who here has lost friends due to political differences?

FranklinRoosevelt_FTW

Diamond Member
Gold Supporting Member
May 12, 2022
Having a core group of friends, especially for guys is a huge part of American society. It is a political thing. Only in the recent times have things like Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Black Lives Matter, LGBT things broken up friendships. This is a relatively new thing. It has happened in the past but today it’s a more serious problem for sure.

I had four really close friends that I’ve known since high school really close with them for 15 years. But Around 2020 with the rise of the Black Lives Matter riots …. those friendships were shaken up.

I’ve lost good friends from my high school years because they are far left wingers.

For example, when the 2020 BLM riots took place. A good friend of mine went to BLM rallies, he supported what they were saying. I was astonished at it completely shocked. We would get into arguments. I would tell him you can’t do this. You’re of Italian heritage like me. You can’t turn your back on your ancestors and call them racist when they weren’t racist when they were honorable people. We would get into arguments. He would call me a racist. It’s the same friend who has been a “stay at home boyfriend” for about 10 years now. His girlfriend goes to work and makes all the money. He’s a disgrace. He’s also a drug user … smoking weed using cocaine various things. if you look on his Facebook page, he has an LGBT flag. He is a different man compared to when I knew him in the high school years and my early 20s.

By the way, here’s the idea for this conversation

Throughout the podcast featuring Andrew Tate and Justin Waller, you get to hear the importance of having good friends around you. Strong minded people who care about honorable traditions. It’s really important for men to have friendships with strong minded men who are drug-free, who work out who respect traditions. If one has weak friends, one will be weak.

If one has strong minded, kind, compassionate, honorable friends, they will retain those values.

I had about four really close friends growing up through high school… I saw one of them about four weeks ago. He’s also a far left wing extremist. He doesn’t wanna listen to things.. he’s unemployed. He smokes a ton of weed. He sits around selling things on eBay, making a fraction of what he made his old job.

The third friend I recently texted a few weeks ago. He supports abortion, infact, one of his girlfriends from 15 years ago or so actually had an abortion. He’s not really that religious. But he still retain some level of Dignity …he works. He just had a child. Of the four close friends I’m talking about here. He’s the only one with a kid. He smokes weed quite a bit I think, sells weed. Of all four of my high school friends this is the one I might retain some level of a relationship with we will see.

And then my fourth friend would always call me when he’s drunk. He seems to have various issues. He smokes a lot of weed. Who knows where this one will go… he lives in Florida and likes Ron DeSantis, which is interesting considering the amount of weed he smokes

And so I have myself as I have told many people on this board was in a terrible car accident about three years ago. I eventually came to the conclusion that I need to work out, be healthy. Be strong get off the weed. I am off weed work out as much as I can. I got all the reasons in the world to give up. But I don’t. And I could change who I am to try and go back to my old friends who support BLM, whi smoke dope , who support waving an LGBT flag and probably who even support waving the flag of Ukraine. There’s no way I’m going to do that. Because I am who I am and I’m a man I can’t change that. I can’t become lesser of a man to fulfill the desires of far left wing extremists, even if they were my close friends in high school.

Btw I do have a few traditional old school friends that I play poker with. I have known these guys for 10 + years. But for the most part they’re much older than me in their 70s including Vietnam veterans. Really great guys to hang out with. But other than Poker I don’t really see them much.

I’m sure many people here can relate their own stories of losing friends because of a difference over Donald Trump or something similar. And these people, my fellow posters many of you might be in a similar position where you’re trying to find new friends meet new acquaintances. And this is again important thing for a man if you wanna be able to find a woman, it helps to have good close, friends guy friends that is with like minded thoughts.

I’m happy to say that I recently I went back to the Islamic school I used to work at (I made a thread about this). I talked with a guy I recognized from my time working at the school. And I realize I can probably get something positive from this. I can start hanging out with this guy and more people from the mosque, who are about traditions, being strong, doing the right things opposing far left wing extremism. And they don’t even necessarily have to be Muslims. I realize that these types of guys they’re black, they’re Arab, some are white but they are all from the “old school” even though we’re in our 20s and 30s. And so with these types of men, we won’t be sitting around smoking dope watching some dumb cartoon movie playing some dumb video game…. will be sitting around like men discussing real topics how to make our lives better how to be stronger. That’s it. Have a nice day folks

And please share your stories if you have them if you lost close friends due to political differences… and what you’re doing to find new friends with like-minded thoughts to make yourself a better person to make those around you better to make your community stronger.

Last edited:
I've had my friends for years and decades Most of them are conservative leaning. They all know that I will resist discussing hot button shit unless they absolutely insist. I'd rather keep the peace than be right in most cases.

Having a core group of friends, especially for guys is a huge part of American society. It is a political thing. Only in the recent times have things like Donald Trump, Joe Biden, Black Lives Matter, LGBT things broken up friendships. This is a relatively new thing. It has happened in the past but today it’s a more serious problem for sure.

I had four really close friends that I’ve known since high school really close with them for 15 years. But Around 2020 with the rise of the Black Lives Matter riots …. those friendships were shaken up.

I’ve lost good friends from my high school years because they are far left wingers.

For example, when the 2020 BLM riots took place. A good friend of mine went to BLM rallies, he supported what they were saying. I was astonished at it completely shocked. We would get into arguments. I would tell him you can’t do this. You’re of Italian heritage like me. You can’t turn your back on your ancestors and call them racist when they weren’t racist when they were honorable people. We would get into arguments. He would call me a racist. It’s the same friend who has been a “stay at home boyfriend” for about 10 years now. His girlfriend goes to work and makes all the money. He’s a disgrace. He’s also a drug user … smoking weed using cocaine various things. if you look on his Facebook page, he has an LGBT flag. He is a different man compared to when I knew him in the high school years and my early 20s.

Throughout the podcast featuring Andrew Tate and Justin Waller, you get to hear the importance of having good friends around you. Strong minded people who care about honorable traditions. It’s really important for men to have friendships with strong minded men who are drug-free, who work out who respect traditions. If one has weak friends, one will be weak.

If one has strong minded, kind, compassionate, honorable friends, they will retain those values.

I had about four really close friends growing up through high school… I saw one of them about four weeks ago. He’s also a far left wing extremist. He doesn’t wanna listen to things.. he’s unemployed. He smokes a ton of weed. He sits around selling things on eBay, making a fraction of what he made his old job.

The third friend I recently texted a few weeks ago. He supports abortion, infact, one of his girlfriends from 15 years ago or so actually had an abortion. He’s not really that religious. But he still retain some level of Dignity …he works. He just had a child. Of the four close friends I’m talking about here. He’s the only one with a kid. He smokes weed quite a bit I think, sells weed. Of all four of my high school friends this is the one I might retain some level of a relationship with we will see.

And then my fourth friend would always call me when he’s drunk. He seems to have various issues. He smokes a lot of weed. Who knows where this one will go… he lives in Florida and likes Ron DeSantis, which is interesting considering the amount of weed he smokes

And so I have myself as I have told many people on this board was in a terrible car accident about three years ago. I eventually came to the conclusion that I need to work out, be healthy. Be strong get off the weed. I am off weed work out as much as I can. I got all the reasons in the world to give up. But I don’t. And I could change who I am to try and go back to my old friends who support BLM, whi smoke dope , who support waving an LGBT flag and probably who even support waving the flag of Ukraine. There’s no way I’m going to do that. Because I am who I am and I’m a man I can’t change that. I can’t become lesser of a man to fulfill the desires of far left wing extremists, even if they were my close friends in high school.

Btw I do have a few traditional old school friends that I play poker with. I have known these guys for 10 + years. But for the most part they’re much older than me in their 70s including Vietnam veterans. Really great guys to hang out with. But other than Poker I don’t really see them much.

I’m sure many people here can relate their own stories of losing friends because of a difference over Donald Trump or something similar. And these people, my fellow posters many of you might be in a similar position where you’re trying to find new friends meet new acquaintances. And this is again important thing for a man if you wanna be able to find a woman, it helps to have good close, friends guy friends that is with like minded thoughts.

I’m happy to say that I recently I went back to the Islamic school I used to work at (I made a thread about this). I talked with a guy I recognized from my time working at the school. And I realize I can probably get something positive from this. I can start hanging out with this guy and more people from the mosque, who are about traditions, being strong, doing the right things opposing far left wing extremism. And they don’t even necessarily have to be Muslims. I realize that these types of guys they’re black, they’re Arab, some are white but they are all from the “old school” even though we’re in our 20s and 30s. And so with these types of men, we won’t be sitting around smoking dope watching some dumb cartoon movie playing some dumb video game…. will be sitting around like men discussing real topics how to make our lives better how to be stronger. That’s it. Have a nice day folks

And please share your stories if you have them if you lost close friends due to political differences… and what you’re doing to find new friends with like-minded thoughts to make yourself a better person to make those around you better to make your community stronger.

Do family members, including a grandfather and two uncles in Cuba count?

And please share your stories if you have them if you lost close friends due to political differences…
Only one but it wasn't so much as losing a friend than we grew apart due to his intolerance.

That seems to be your problem too.

As to the undesirables you lost as friends, you'll be better without them.

I would suggest making new friends and leaving the politics out of it from the beginning.

America is going very wrong and the tone I get from this forum sounds like you people are going to start murdering each other over politics.

I'm a Canadian and I will be happy to help if I'm asked.

and what you’re doing to find new friends with like-minded thoughts
That's right conservatives, stay in the bubble. Don't pollute your precious mind with thoughts that aren't cult-approved.

Needless to say, you don't see any liberals telling people to cut people off if they don't have the same politics. As is the case every time, moral high ground to the liberals.

That's right conservatives, stay in the bubble. Don't pollute your precious mind with thoughts that aren't cult-approved.

Needless to say, you don't see any liberals telling people to cut people off if they don't have the same politics. As is the case every time, moral high ground to the liberals.
Liberals can be just as intolerant and demanding.

I had several friends who revealed themselves as - in my view - mindless Leftists when Mr. Trump first became a political reality. A whole bloc of my family - all intelligent, educated people - also defected to the Dark Side, which put us on opposite sides of the "fence," and our relations have been "chilly" since then (2016).

My opinion is that there is a two-fold split in the country, and the differences in perspective and general opinion are so great that even casual conversation becomes a figurative mine-field, where it is easier to cut off communications than to stay in touch with these sensitivities present.

While one aspect of the split is obvious - the polarized notions of how the country should be run - the other is more difficult to articulate. It is this: One side of the political spectrum is so intense in their hatred of Donald Trump, the PERSON, that they are unable to discuss actual policies, left vs right, rationally and without reference to Trump's personal shortcomings (or perceived shortcomings). It comes out as, "How can you support that guy?" rather than, "How can you support that policy?"

So it used to be possible to discuss different views of political issues, and even if neither side could be convinced, at least the discussion could take place. With Trump in the picture, discussion is not possible.

Coincidentally, I spent this past weekend with family members from whom I had been estranged since 2016. Nothing political was on the table for discussion. Perversely, one of those in attendance at this family gathering was a 15-year-old girl who fancies herself a boy - and gets full support in this delusion from that entire branch of the family. There was a bit of un-articulated tension about, wondering if I were going to say anything that I oughtn't.

I didn't.

As for the old friends, fuck 'em. Not worth the aggravation.

Needless to say, \you don't see any liberals telling people to cut people off if they don't have the same politics. As is the case every time, moral high ground to the liberals.

seriously. we see that everytime. Family members canceling other conservative family members, libs telling people to do their shopping, dining, whatever ELSEwhere if they're conservatives, Plenty of stories about how liberals have dropped family, friends, neighbors for conservative views. Even leftist politicians are now keying the cars or calling cps on conservatives just because they have a trump sticker or support conservative candidates or beliefs. ALL. The. Time.

Just the other day, one of my Poker friends went out on a date with a woman he met on tinder. Now my friend is not political at all he doesn’t even really know what’s going on. And this lady said, do you support the current president do you think he should go to jail. My friend Dan said no. He later gets a text from this lady saying I can’t believe you support Donald Trump. He should go to jail.

OK one the lady mixed up her timelines, because obviously Donald Trump is not the president right now. Two there you have it it’s really that simple. This is a left-wing liberal woman who cannot stand anybody who might support Trump. Now I’m sure that there might be Trump supporters who won’t be friends with Biden supporters.

But it does seem it is almost exclusively the Biden supporters the far left Democrats that are the most filled with hatred …that are the ones that will not continue a relationship with somebody who admires Donald Trump or even somebody like Andrew Tate.

Going back to one of my friends from high school. When I first learned about Andrew Tate, I sent him a video of it and he came back talking about Greta Thunberg making fun of Tate on Twitter. I just couldn’t believe it was going on. This is not the same man I knew from high school or in my early 20s. Far left-wing fanaticism took over his life which is why he supports BLM and waves the LGBT flag, thinks that January 6 was a bad thing, and that BLM riots were a good thing…Those are exclusively far left wing things to do.

seriously. we see that everytime. Family members canceling other conservative family members, libs telling people to do their shopping, dining, whatever ELSEwhere if they're conservatives, Plenty of stories about how liberals have dropped family, friends, neighbors for conservative views. Even leftist politicians are now keying the cars or calling cps on conservatives just because they have a trump sticker or support conservative candidates or beliefs. ALL. The. Time.
If somebody wearing a make America great again hat goes into a restaurant that is populated by BLM type people …. they could easily be attacked at the very least almost certainly they will be ran out of that restaurant .

That is the left-wing fanaticism you see it on , MSNBC with fanatics(maybe the better word is money grubbing opportunists) like joy Reid saying “non Black people don’t have a right to talk about black history with black folks in America. “

On the other hand, anybody can wear a Black Lives Matter hat or T-shirt anywhere in the country including anywhere in the southern states….Nobody’s going to bother them. Nobody at all.

remember in 2020 when there Was attacks on Trump supporters all over the country by BLM thugs and criminals.

Not lost any liberal friends yet, but some of my conservative friends have.

To be honest, I could never be friends with a leftist. Who would want to?

All families, tribes, clubs, or any social group of any significance is always leftist
Leftist means being willing to share, caring more about rights than profits, etc.

How can people friends or social when one is only profit motivated?

All families, tribes, clubs, or any social group of any significance is always leftist
Leftist means being willing to share, caring more about rights than profits, etc.

How can people friends or social when one is only profit motivated?
Well, that’s not the case when it comes to men’s groups or men’s social circles, where you have four or five guys hanging out together. Bunch of those guys have conservative leaning beliefs like being against abortion, being strong, masculine. Now there’s left-wing people who do that, but I think that there’s a problem with the left clearly.

It’s about weakness, racism, anti-Christianity. That’s what I see from the left

Forum List

Back