Who has the 4th best military ??

RetiredGySgt And I served for 10 years. And am over 14 years into my second military career.

But if somebody has highly biased political views (to either side), they likely do not belong in the military.

Bad attitude, likely to be a major problem as they will not "play well with others", but instead want to argue and fight about almost anything.

I literally first went to MCRD during President Reagan's first term. And have served under every President since then. Never mattered to me if they had an R or D after their name. If somebody thinks that is more important than serving their country, then they are likely better off never serving.
sure there are a lot of people unsuited for military service that doesn't justify disparaging them for not serving.

The largest parts of the DoD budget is pay and personnel.
Okay, so be it. Then the question is, the United States with all that budget is fleeing from Afghanistan and the Taliban is following on their heels, who do you think is overpaid, the armed forces personnel or maybe the political leadership?

Okay, so be it. Then the question is, the United States with all that budget is fleeing from Afghanistan and the Taliban is following on their heels, who do you think is overpaid, the armed forces personnel or maybe the political leadership?

Why would they be "overpaid"? It costs money to pay soldiers, their benefits, their training and equipping. And simply because they are adequately taken care of in no way means they can compensate for poor American political leadership.

"Fleeing"

*laughs*

The Taliban has never won any kind of engagement there other than an ambush. Ever. Every time they try to amass in groups larger than a squad, they are normally quickly wiped out.

And we are hardly "fleeing". Our leader simply decided we have been there long enough.

But I am sure this is entirely a political rant of yours, so I am paying it no real attention, to be honest. But maybe you would be happier if we paid those in the military so little that foodstamps and welfare were common again.

USA then Russia then China

Then a huge huge drop off

British have a good navy and special forces
Israel has bad azzz Air Force and special forces
French have good balance

On the opening day of antlered rifle season Pennsylvania fields the largest army.

PA_Forested.jpg

"Fleeing"

*laughs*

The Taliban has never won any kind of engagement there other than an ambush. Ever. Every time they try to amass in groups larger than a squad, they are normally quickly wiped out.

And we are hardly "fleeing". Our leader simply decided we have been there long enough.
This reminds me of the memoirs of some Hitler officers: They constantly beat Ivan in various operations, but then, in the end, somehow did happen, that the Russians ended up in Berlin.... Without the fault of the writer of the memoirs, of course.
Did the war with Afghanistan start against the Taliban? Right? Yes,
The American army is leaving Afghanistan and the Taliban is following on its heels. Right? Yes.
How is this different from the" victory " of the United States in Vietnam? Well, besides the fact that the war lasted twice as long (and probably there were more successful operations of the US army too) and Afghanistan, unlike Vietnam, did not have help from other major powers? Another US victory?
By the way,
Britain has promised new incidents in Russian waters in the Black Sea.
- The British naval forces will continue to enter the Black Sea similar to the one carried out by the British destroyer "Defender", which violated the state border of Russia, on July 6, the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the kingdom Dominic Raab said during a hearing in the country's parliament.

Idiots learn nothing. Well, We didn't succeed with the savages of Afghanistan, let's try to poke the bear in his own lair!"

Last edited:
How is this different from the" victory " of the United States in Vietnam? Well, besides the fact that the war lasted twice as long (and probably there were more successful operations of the US army too) and Afghanistan, unlike Vietnam, did not have help from other major powers? Another US victory?
Question, who sued for peace in Vietnam? Who promised at the 1973 Paris Peace Accords to forever respect the sovereignty of South Vietnam, and to never take military actions against that nation ever again?

And what nation less than 2 years after that Peace Treaty was signed break the treaty, then invade and take it over?

But thank you for the interesting propaganda, Comrade. Your bias is obvious, and thereby dismissed.

Tell me, who is in charge of Afghanistan? Well, I can tell you this, it has not been the Taliban for 20 years now.

Tell me, who is in charge of Afghanistan? Well, I can tell you this, it has not been the Taliban for 20 years now.
20 years or 3 years, this is not all important, it all depends on the final. The Nazis also sat in some places of the USSR for three years, but the end was not in their favor

Ireland has a tiny Army. No Navy and no Air force yet Irish citizens enjoy the 6th highest GDP in the World.
That may be in part because Ireland has a tiny Army. No Navy and no Air Force.
But they are alcoholics who beat their wives, and their children die at higher rates.
No way in hell would I ever join the marines
. I highly doubt I could physically get through their rigorous tests

Which is why you would fail. You do not have the right attitude.
Or a distinct ability to turn his brain off, and eat crayons while screaming AYE SIR!

Marines...

French have good balance
I say Israel has the best military. They have never lost a war.

Ringo

..most wars are not total wars like WW2 [ Russia-vs Germany/etc ]--nothing like Afghanistan
..most wars do not end in unconditional surrender
..just like in Vietnam, we could not '''''win''' in Afghanistan ...... -Russia '''lost'' in Afghanistan...the Brits also---HUGE, super powers lost ..France ''''lost'' in Vietnam ....
...these are not wars for territory/etc ....these are political, culture and social wars !!!!!!!!--very difficult..very complex

Oz and the Orchestra
hahhahahahah--you don't know much about the wars
...Israel was outnumbered in all categories --tanks/men/aircraft/etc
..Israel was ''surrounded'''
..Israel had a very narrow front [ means easily cut in half ]
..etc
and Israel won every war!!!!
you can barely see Israel, compared to the Arab nations
1625738086881.png

French have good balance
I say Israel has the best military. They have never lost a war.
But they only fight third world powers and Palestine.
You gotta play who is in front of you. It's not like they would be squared off against China. Besides, they have us to do that (USA)...well, and Iraq, and probably Iran too...Syria. Shit we do a lot of fighting so they don't have to. Maybe you're right.

Last edited:
RetiredGySgt And I served for 10 years. And am over 14 years into my second military career.

But if somebody has highly biased political views (to either side), they likely do not belong in the military.

Bad attitude, likely to be a major problem as they will not "play well with others", but instead want to argue and fight about almost anything.

I literally first went to MCRD during President Reagan's first term. And have served under every President since then. Never mattered to me if they had an R or D after their name. If somebody thinks that is more important than serving their country, then they are likely better off never serving.
sure there are a lot of people unsuited for military service that doesn't justify disparaging them for not serving.
Truth right there. I had a very good friend in HS who wanted to be in the Marines. All the guy ever wanted from when he was a kid was to be a Marine. God knows why, but he did. They rejected him at MEPS for some medical reason or another. Heart I think. The guy was genuinely destroyed. He regrouped though and put his energy into real estate, and now he is wealthy. Very wealthy, as a matter of fact.

Oz and the Orchestra
hahhahahahah--you don't know much about the wars
...Israel was outnumbered in all categories --tanks/men/aircraft/etc
..Israel was ''surrounded'''
..Israel had a very narrow front [ means easily cut in half ]
..etc
and Israel won every war!!!!
you can barely see Israel, compared to the Arab nations
View attachment 510218
Israel had state-of-the-art aircraft supplied by the US. The opposition had the USSR's outdated cast off Migs. Same thing with Sadam - a huge military but too outdated to even launch a sustained defense.
Scud missiles, they would fire them at Tel Aviv and they would land near Haifa.

French have good balance
How are you gauging best? I mean the USA has the most useless aircraft carriers that count for nothing in a real war

Forum List

Back