Who has the 4th best military ??

That only looks at numbers. Quality wise we would be better than the numbers. For instance, Russia comes in first in tanks but our fewer tanks are better.

It also doesn't consider the ability to do combined arms, which the US excels at.

And also something that most tend to forget or ignore completely.

Logistics.
No armed force in the world is worth a damn if they can't be supplied or fed.

I am going to have to get up at 5 am and jog several miles everyday
No way I could even do that on my best years .
Then my gun shouting skills are about as good as a 5 yr old

There is a huge drop off after #1. People have no idea how powerful the US military actually is.

After WWII, the military of the US changed drastically.

One of the biggest is that they doubled down on logistics, and insisting on having the best equipment possible. The US entered that war with some really poor equipment, and it showed. Almost everything they fought with was equipment that was rushed from concept to production model, without proper testing because there was no time. And interestingly, a lot of them were actually systems that had been around as early as 1932, but simply never passed beyond the prototype phase.

And with our smaller military, we tend to use our equipment as force multipliers. It is expensive, but most of it so outclasses that of our adversaries that it shows that they are normally generations behind us. And having the logistics to keep it in the field without running out of fuel and bullets and food is a big help also, as well as some of the finest medical care in the world.

But also, a huge help is also in the fact that we have secure borders, and our 2 neighbors have been peaceful for over a century. We do not have to waste resources protecting ourselves at home, so can devote it to force projection and building alliances with other nations. I know that if the US, UK, France, or Japan were attacked, the others would quickly come to their aid. How many other countries could really say that?

With the aggression of Russia and China in the last decade or so, how many would rush to their defense? Unless it is a nation that has been Finlandized, so has little choice?

I am going to have to get up at 5 am and jog several miles everyday
No way I could even do that on my best years .
Then my gun shouting skills are about as good as a 5 yr old

Once again, you lack the kind of attitude that the military wants in the first place. They want people that do, not whine.

As for the last, I think that is the problem. If you spend all of your time shouting at your "gun", you really are acting like a 5 year old. Unless you think it is about pointing your finger and shouting "Bang! Bang!"

Well in the IDF you can basically drive or even walk to almost any possible war zone.

Of course that's a disadvantage as well if you think about it.

That only looks at numbers. Quality wise we would be better than the numbers. For instance, Russia comes in first in tanks but our fewer tanks are better.

It also doesn't consider the ability to do combined arms, which the US excels at.

And also something that most tend to forget or ignore completely.

Logistics.
No armed force in the world is worth a damn if they can't be supplied or fed.

Which is what the US learned during WWII.

We had some great logistics before then, but that conflict stretched them to their limits and beyond sometimes.

But that has not been an issue since. The US vastly improved both it's airlift and sealift capabilities (even more amazing when you realize how small the Merchant Marine is today), and has at all times all the requirements to keep entire divisions in the field for months at a time sitting on boats and in warehouses on pallets to be thrown on aircraft. Which has had other benefits, like whenever there is a major disaster either at home or overseas.

So long as the country is at least willing to accept the aid, the US can throw almost insane amounts of food, equipment, and other things after a disaster. Earthquakes, tsunamis, tropical storms, we have responded to hundreds of them, mostly with those very "US War Supplies". Hell, we have even offered such aid to countries like Iran, Russia, and China, but they almost always refuse.

There is a huge drop off after #1. People have no idea how powerful the US military actually is.

Axe dem Afghanis....LOL

And the non-free commie-kong

Only reason the Taliban exists is because we played nice and avoid civilian casualties at all cost.

No, because it is an idea. And those are the hardest things to kill.

I often laugh when people foolishly throw out "Vietnam", especially as the US won that conflict. Won every single battle that was more than a NVA Battalion going against a US Company. The VC was completely destroyed in the Tet Offensive, and disbanded. North Vietnam sued for peace, and in 1973 at the Paris Peace Accords we agreed to end the war.

What happened 2 years later was proof that you can not fully trust Marxists to keep their word, and the lack of will in Congress. They defeated only the nation of South Vietnam, after all of their allies turned their backs on them.

The Taliban could be eliminated, but the problem is that you have to replace it with something. Some other ideal or goal to which the people will become attracted and work together to achieve. In Japan and Germany, that was rebuilding, and ensuring they did not go that route again. The problem is, in the end we left nothing for the people of Afghanistan to rally behind.

But once again, that is not a military failure. That was a political failure. And one I am sure we will be paying for in future years.

Axe dem Afghanis....LOL

Only reason the Taliban exists is because we played nice and avoid civilian casualties at all cost.

I often laugh when people foolishly throw out "Vietnam", especially as the US won that conflict. Won every single battle that was more than a NVA Battalion going against a US Company. The VC was completely destroyed in the Tet Offensive, and disbanded. North Vietnam sued for peace, and in 1973 at the Paris Peace Accords we agreed to end the war.

What happened 2 years later was proof that you can not fully trust Marxists to keep their word, and the lack of will in Congress. They defeated only the nation of South Vietnam, after all of their allies turned their backs on them.

The Taliban could be eliminated, but the problem is that you have to replace it with something. Some other ideal or goal to which the people will become attracted and work together to achieve. In Japan and Germany, that was rebuilding, and ensuring they did not go that route again. The problem is, in the end we left nothing for the people of Afghanistan to rally behind.

But once again, that is not a military failure. That was a political failure. And one I am sure we will be paying for in future years.

Again, even in vietnam we mostly avoided civilians (with exceptions of course). If we were willing to carpet bomb, no one would be left to continue any "idea".

Axe dem Afghanis....LOL

Again, even in vietnam we mostly avoided civilians (with exceptions of course). If we were willing to carpet bomb, no one would be left to continue any "idea".

Of course, and the US won that war.

Of course, many can not seem to understand that the war ended in 1973, and what happened in 1975 was a completely different war.

I don't know about the 4th best

But America has the very best military...(NOT)

Look at that....best military trannies on earth....

1624764197139.png

and look at that....don't they rock in their heels?

1624764318607.png

Very sad and pathetic and dangerous what the American Military is becoming under this criminal Biden Stolen Administration.

View attachment 506001

Now I have no idea where they are from, but not a single one of those is in a US military uniform.

then you should wake up! Can't you see what's happening?

or shall I say woke up.....it's very sad what the DemonRats are doing to the Military Patriots.

View attachment 506001

Now I have no idea where they are from, but not a single one of those is in a US military uniform.

or shall I say woke up.....it's very sad what the DemonRats are doing to the Military Patriots.

None of those are in the US military, so the "Democrats" did nothing to them.

View attachment 506001

None of those are in the US military, so the "Democrats" did nothing to them.

lol

fuck the DemonRats anyway....ok?

There are quite a few VC recipients that had the same thing said about them.

Axe dem Afghanis....LOL

Of course, and the US won that war.

Of course, many can not seem to understand that the war ended in 1973, and what happened in 1975 was a completely different war.

The US still had air assets there and troops on the ground in key areas, so we still had guys at risk.

Kind of like Afghanistan now.

Forum List

Back