Who did you vote for and did you get the vaccine?

Who did you vote for and did you get the vaccine?

• Biden, yes I got the vaccine.

Votes: 15 38.5%
  • Biden, no I did not the vaccine.

Votes: 1 2.6%
  • Biden, I will be getting the vaccine.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Trump, yes I got the vaccine

Votes: 12 30.8%
  • Trump, no I did not get the vaccine

Votes: 10 25.6%
  • Trump, I will be getting the vaccine

Votes: 1 2.6%

• Total voters
I don't believe who I voted for is anyone's business except my own.

I got the vaccine, because I was at high risk for complications if I got COVID-19 and because my husband is at high risk if he gets it from me.

I believe this is a personal choice for each of us. I carry my card proving my vaccination. I also carry a mask with me and act accordingly to what I feel the risk level is. Not just the risk to myself, but to the people around me, and the people that depend on me at home.

I'm vaccinated, and have seen no concrete data and/or studies that say that prevents me from being a carrier. So will still do my best to protect my friends and family.

I believe God gave me a brain and expects me to use it to the best of my ability. I believe scientists over politicians.

Just shut up and get the jab. All you anti vaxxers are a bunch of fear mongering babies
What happened to the whole 'my body my choice' you liberals love to spout? Fucking hypocrites, the lot of you.
Not getting the vaccine endangers others.
How? Isn't that the whole point of a vaccine? I only endanger myself, and I accept that risk.

Just shut up and get the jab. All you anti vaxxers are a bunch of fear mongering babies
What happened to the whole 'my body my choice' you liberals love to spout? Fucking hypocrites, the lot of you.
Not getting the vaccine endangers others.
How? Isn't that the whole point of a vaccine? I only endanger myself, and I accept that risk.

That's nothing but fearmongering propaganda. If you are afraid of Covid, or at risk from major complications from Covid, get the vaccine and shut up and leave me to tend to myself.

For the record, I have not gotten the vaccine. Doesn't mean I absolutely won't, or have any particular objection to it. I'm not at enough risk from Covid to make it an urgent priority, so I'm watching the people who have gotten it to see how that works out long-term. If something were to happen to make it more of a priority for me - such as my employer saying that we can all stop wearing the stupid face diapers in the office if we're all vaccinated - then I'll be there tomorrow.

Its interesting to me that a Trump hater would take the vaccine cleared the path for creation by removing normal FDA regulations and moved the timeframe from 3-5 years to 9 months. We all know it os the truth. Any waivering from this absolute truth is tribal spin.

1) Anyone in office at that time would have done precisely what Trump did wrt the acceleration of the development and approval process.
2) Trump didn't make any vaccine, a lot of scientists and drug companies made them
3) Trump accelerating the vaccine process doesn't make up for the lies and anti-science bullshit he pulled. I believe Trump is personally responsible for the unneeded deaths of about 350,000 Americans and he needs to burn in hell for it.

For the record, I have not gotten the vaccine. Doesn't mean I absolutely won't, or have any particular objection to it. I'm not at enough risk from Covid to make it an urgent priority, so I'm watching the people who have gotten it to see how that works out long-term. If something were to happen to make it more of a priority for me - such as my employer saying that we can all stop wearing the stupid face diapers in the office if we're all vaccinated - then I'll be there tomorrow.
Thanks for that, but consider while standing around unvaccinated, you increase the risk of those around you getting the virus from which they may well be at severe risk and that you provide an additional piece to the pool of victims in which variants can develop. No thanks for that.

I forgot to put the option of not getting the vaccine.

I will not be getting the vaccine at all. No comorbidities here and I am not fat and I am not 300 years old.

One of you fat old fucks can have my dose.
it's not about you alone.... Though you may honestly think so.

it's you catching covid and then spreading it to someone like Tipsycat, whose health is compromised, and can not get the vaccine for self protection due to other medical conditions.

Thanks for that, but consider while standing around unvaccinated, you increase the risk of those around you getting the virus from which they may well be at severe risk and that you provide an additional piece to the pool of victims in which variants can develop. No thanks for that.

Perhaps you consider worrying about the entire rest of the world to be your responsibility, or believe that it's desirable, or even possible, for human beings to live in a sterile, germ-free, totally safe-from-risk world. That's you. Please do not condescendingly advise me on how I need to join you in your paranoia and megalomania.

I believe that every human being has personal responsibility and makes their own choices in regards to their health and well-being. Anyone who is at high risk and still wandering around the outside world, living life as normal has made their personal choice on the subject, just as I am making my personal choice on the subject for me. Demanding that I inject something into my body not on the basis of what I want for my health, but on the basis of what someone else wants from my health for their health because they don't want the inconvenience of avoiding me is unreasonable, and will not be a factor in my decision-making. While I agree that each person has a certain amount of obligation as a member of society toward public safety, this exceeds that limit.

I will get the vaccine, assuming I get it, when it is the right choice for the body it will be injected into, and you will just have to live with making your own choices over your own body for that body's health, and leave the belief that you get a vote over my body out of the equation.

I've been vaccinated with the old attenuated virus technology more than most due to travel and work. Not everyone who refuses to take a drug that hasn't been thoroughly tested, clinical trials take 8-12 years....this one 2 months, and is an experimental drug under emergency use, is anti vaccination.

I will not be getting the vaccine at all. No comorbidities here and I am not fat and I am not 300 years old.

it's you catching covid and then spreading it to someone like Tipsycat, whose health is compromised, and can not get the vaccine for self protection due to other medical conditions.

It's not about that either. Many spread flus and viruses each year, killing hundreds of thousands. It's about control. That's all.

I voted for Trump and I am not getting the vaccine. I already have blood clotting issues for which I take medication. The manufacturer of this medication found the issue so important that they sent me a video message. It is not advisable to take the vaccine. So I won't.

That's J&J Tips - There could be one in a million chance if you are female and under 50 you could get brain clots.
That means you are safe - Even with J&J ;)
On what basis are you claiming to know more than the manufacturer of my medication? Do you have a link that supports your claim of superior knowledge?

It's not about that either. Many spread flus and viruses each year, killing hundreds of thousands. It's about control. That's all.
That's just whacko! Demented thinking.... That's going to kill others.

That whole 99+% survival rate says otherwise.

No, it's not. Each day we breathe in about 100,000,000 viruses. Of course most are harmless but some aren't. They are passed along every day between people. Some people may become sick. Some may not. It depends on our immune system. This isn't something new.

Its interesting to me that a Trump hater would take the vaccine cleared the path for creation by removing normal FDA regulations and moved the timeframe from 3-5 years to 9 months. We all know it os the truth. Any waivering from this absolute truth is tribal spin.
The Trump family got vaccinated.

Perhaps you consider worrying about the entire rest of the world to be your responsibility, or believe that it's desirable, or even possible, for human beings to live in a sterile, germ-free, totally safe-from-risk world. That's you. Please do not condescendingly advise me on how I need to join you in your paranoia and megalomania.

I believe that every human being has personal responsibility and makes their own choices in regards to their health and well-being. Anyone who is at high risk and still wandering around the outside world, living life as normal has made their personal choice on the subject, just as I am making my personal choice on the subject for me. Demanding that I inject something into my body not on the basis of what I want for my health, but on the basis of what someone else wants from my health for their health because they don't want the inconvenience of avoiding me is unreasonable, and will not be a factor in my decision-making. While I agree that each person has a certain amount of obligation as a member of society toward public safety, this exceeds that limit.

I will get the vaccine, assuming I get it, when it is the right choice for the body it will be injected into, and you will just have to live with making your own choices over your own body for that body's health, and leave the belief that you get a vote over my body out of the equation.

Why do you think getting a vaccination exceeds the requirements of your social obligation? If you had it to do again, would you take the vaccinations of your childhood? Measles? Mumps? Smallpox? Diptheria? Pertussis? In every case you can argue that the risk to others is engendered by their failure to avoid your proximity

Your rights end where and when their exercise begins to impact the rights of others.

Finally, I think you are making one critical misjudgment. Even though you say you are not "at enough risk from COVID to make it an urgent priority", I am quite certain that the risk of you catching COVID, with or without symptoms, is far, far higher than the risk that you could have an adverse effect from any of the popular vaccines currently available here.

Why do you think getting a vaccination exceeds the requirements of your social obligation? If you had it to do again, would you take the vaccinations of your childhood? Measles? Mumps? Smallpox? Diptheria? Pertussis? In every case you can argue that the risk to others is engendered by their failure to avoid your proximity

Your rights end where and when their exercise begins to impact the rights of others.

Finally, I think you are making one critical misjudgment. Even though you say you are not "at enough risk from COVID to make it an urgent priority", I am quite certain that the risk of you catching COVID, with or without symptoms, is far, far higher than the risk that you could have an adverse effect from any of the popular vaccines currently available here.

I think getting THIS vaccination exceeds the requirements of my societal obligations for several reasons: first, I am at a very low risk of getting the disease in question, or of being seriously ill if I do get it; second, this is a very new vaccine, and we therefore do not have a lot of information about long-term effects; three, the risk factors of not getting the vaccine at this time do not outweigh the risk factors of getting it for me; four, avoiding the possibility of getting Covid from me is extremely easy for anyone who is in a high-risk category, particularly since those people either should be vaccinated or they shouldn't be out wandering around. At no point in time does my societal obligation include taking on more responsibility for someone else's health than he does himself.

The vaccinations of my childhood were very different. Measles, mumps, rubella, diphtheria, pertussis, and polio (smallpox had basically been eradicated in the United States by that time and was no longer a standard vaccine) are all diseases to which children are particularly subject, and the vaccinations had all been in widespread use for a long time, so the effects were well-known. I know you'd like this to be, "I am the smart, scientific person and you are the ignorant anti-vaxxer, and that's all there is!!!" because it's easier than having to deal with issues and people on a case-by-case basis. Sorry, but I can't and won't accommodate you.

Also, the highest-risk people avoiding my proximity wasn't really an option back then, since we were required by law to attend school 8 hours a day, five days a week. I don't know if it's occurred to you, but both the world and I myself have changed somewhat since the 1970s.

As for "your rights end where and when their exercise impacts others", I could say the same - and with a lot more validity - for the people who claim to be so deeply worried about Covid-19 that they feel justified in dealing themselves a vote in other people's healthcare choices, but who insist on living their lives exactly as if Covid didn't exist, because THEY don't want to be inconvenienced. Once again, if you are high-risk, unvaccinated, and unquarantined, you have chosen not to protect yourself, and you do not get to demand that I do it for you.

Finally, YOU are making one critical misjudgement: you seem to think that what you are "certain" of is in any way relevant to MY life. To put it bluntly: I didn't ask you what you're "certain" of in regards to me, I don't care what you're "certain" of in regards to me, and you don't get a vote on the subject.

Forum List

Back