Who Believes Bush Controls Gas Prices?

manu1959

Left Coast Isolationist
Oct 28, 2004
california
Was just informed by one of my co-workers that Bush has brought gas prices down just in time for the elections.

Anyone believe this?

Anyone know how he controls the world's oil price in SA, Russia, Venezula, Iran?

Was just informed by one of my co-workers that Bush has brought gas prices down just in time for the elections.

Anyone believe this?

Anyone know how he controls the world's oil price in SA, Russia, Venezula, Iran?

Control? No
Influence, Yes. Not because he’s Bush, because he’s the Pres.

Control? No
Influence, Yes. Not because he’s Bush, because he’s the Pres.

so how is he influencing opec and Venezuela to drop oil prices on a world market scale?

and or how does he convince non us owned gasoline retailers to drop gas prices?

and if he can do that why did he let them spike a few months ago and get criticized for not controlling them

Anyone believe this?

I have heard this several times, there are many letters to the editor in the local newspaper where people make such a claim.

Absurd!

so how is he influencing opec and Venezuela to drop oil prices on a world market scale?

and or how does he convince non us owned gasoline retailers to drop gas prices?

and if he can do that why did he let them spike a few months ago and get criticized for not controlling them

Magic. All Magic.

Who knows? Promises? Of aid $$$ maybe? I don't know.
The free market is great, but a lot goes on behind that curtain, Dorothy.:eek2:

ok.....lets say this is true...why would it be a bad thing?

you mean besides the fact that if he has/had influence that he allowed record profits and price gouging at the expense of the public and is now using that influence to try to manipulate the results of the mid-term elections?

I'm not saying that no other president wouldn't use all power at his disposal... but you asked. ;)

Magic. All Magic.

Who knows? Promises? Of aid $$$ maybe? I don't know.
The free market is great, but a lot goes on behind that curtain, Dorothy.:eek2:

Not magic. He uses the same techniques, software and hardware to control hurricanes, earthquakes and global warming.

you mean besides the fact that if he has/had influence that he allowed record profits and price gouging at the expense of the public and is now using that influence to try to manipulate the results of the mid-term elections?

I'm not saying that no other president wouldn't use all power at his disposal... but you asked. ;)

That little "if" in your statement sure strikes a chord!

Uh...nutcase...EVERY Business makes profits at the expense of the public. ;)

That's how it works.

Not magic. He uses the same techniques, software and hardware to control hurricanes, earthquakes and global warming.

Actually it is much easier than influencing gas prices, he controls the Diebold voting machines. That is why he and Rove are inexplicably confident about the elections. Duh!

Uh...nutcase...EVERY Business makes profits at the expense of the public. ;)

That's how it works.

How nice.,,,, you're becoming one of those people who can't string two sentences together without hurling insults. Kind of unseemly for a mod.

And how it works doesn't include price gouging, love. That's kind of a no-no :halo:

fair enough....but he is bring the prices down not increasing them...as soon as they went up he lowered them.....you do know not all oil companies are US owned....can you name the oil companies and which companies in which countries own which ones....then name the leaders of those countries and look at their influence

fair enough....but he is bring the prices down not increasing them...as soon as they went up he lowered them.....you do know not all oil companies are US owned....can you name the oil companies and which companies in which countries own which ones....then name the leaders of those countries and look at their influence

He has no interest in increasing them. But there did come a point when he had an interest in seeing them decreased (decreasing them implies an absolute power which I don't think he possesses). It's like this... people in power call upon other people in power with whom they have cordial relationships to help when things don't look so good.

As for what countries own which oil companies... I know Citgo is Venezuelan. Exxon/Mobil uses mid-east oil... 7-Eleven just switched to mid-east oil from Venezuelan... The actual place of incorporation of each company is something I'm not sure of... but a lot of them are incorped here.

How does a President "allow" record profits? How is he suppose to disallow it? If Bush were to use his "influence" to prevent any company from attaining profits wouldn't Bully and his ilk be screaming about "Chimpy" abusing his constitutional powers? Or is he suppose to use his "influence" to put the squeeze on the company if its an energy company?

The reason gas prices were high was mainly due to the last hurricane season, and the added supply demand of summer. Summer is over and those refineries are mostly back up. Which means gas prices drop.

Keep your head down. The black helcopters are out.;)

Forum List

Back