Who are the most influential American musicians of all time ?

The first person that came to my mind with my being from the country music fan field is Garth Brooks.

God bless you and him always!!!

Holly
Was just omw home and wondered if anyone would mention some country artists. I'm more old school than Garth though. I like the old traditional country like Hank Williams, Waylon, Merle, Roy Clark and Danny Gatton....a lot of the jazzy instrumental chicken-picking stuff.

Last edited:
Can Shania Twain count? True, she was born in Canada, but since Canada is a part of the North American continent, to me, she should be included. :) :) :)

God bless you and her always!!!

Holly
Only if we count Joni Mitchell too. :)

I love Wynonna Judd's cover of her song named "Help Me".

God bless you and the two ladies always!!!

Holly

If they had lived longer Morrison, Hendrix and Buddy Holly would have made probably the greatest impact on the music world. Unfortunately they only had a smaller impact because their time was cut short

Buddy Holly may have had the largest impact for the shortest career. Nearly everyone that came after copied and covered him. Others can say the same, such as Little Richard and CHuck Berry but their careers were started well before Holly even came on the scene. "That'll Be the Day" topped the charts 500 days before he was killed. That's well under two years.

Little Richard, Sinatra, Bill Haley And His Comets, Dolly Parton, Hendrix, The Eagles, part of Fleetwood Mac (lol), Jack White, Bon Jovi, Tom Petty And The Heartbreakers, B.B. King, Aerosmith, Meat Loaf, Tina Turner, and U2.

Pete Seeger, Joan Baez, Billie Holiday, The Andrews Sisters, Woody Guthrie.................Beach Boys, Joe Meek

Greg

EDIT: sorry; Joe Meek was English.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back