Who are core Americans?

Do you agree or disagree?

“Who are core Americans?”

Descendants of early settlers, those practicing a value, principle and belief system that aligns with those of our founders.

Slade, tell us, who are core Americans?
I don’t think there are core Americans, I think it is a ridiculous term. Americans are those who live in America. Some for generations and some recently as they pursue the American dream.

I started this thread at your request so you’d answer my question. When did your family come to America?

Does it really matter? I mean.....there may not be such a thing as core Americans, but there is such a thing as core American values.

To put it another way: who has more core American values? Somebody who's family has been here for generations and are living off of welfare, having kids they cannot afford, eating food other taxpayers paid for, or somebody from India, who came here with 100 bucks in their pocket, worked 7 days a week, invested in their own convenient store, and continued to working 7 days a week?

To me, the person from India has more core American values than the native who's family has been here since nearly our founding.

Descendants of early settlers, those practicing a value, principle and belief system that aligns with those of our founders.

I don’t think there are core Americans, I think it is a ridiculous term. Americans are those who live in America. Some for generations and some recently as they pursue the American dream.

I started this thread at your request so you’d answer my question. When did your family come to America?

I have traced lineage here dating back to the 1730's but that's not really all the relevant.
"American" is more of a behavioral thing, a belief and value system. It's weird that you try so hard to believe that one is "American" simply for standing on U.S. soil. So typical.
Most Americans have different belief and value systems. Different religions, cultures, traditions that shape who they are. That’s what made and makes America what it’s. You seem intent on having everybody think like you and if they don’t they somehow don’t belong here. That’s a small minded and toxic viewpoint in my opinion

Does it really matter? I mean.....there may not be such a thing as core Americans, but there is such a thing as core American values.

To put it another way: who has more core American values? Somebody who's family has been here for generations and are living off of welfare, having kids they cannot afford, eating food other taxpayers paid for, or somebody from India, who came here with 100 bucks in their pocket, worked 7 days a week, invested in their own convenient store, and continued to working 7 days a week?

To me, the person from India has more core American values than the native who's family has been here since nearly our founding.
Well said. I agree

New Topics

Forum List

Back