White Women and Affirmative Action

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you were more intelligent you could have gone to a better school.
He likely got INTO a better school because he was black. Odds are 2 out of 3. Possibly, he was among the 1/3rd of admitted blacks who got in on merit, but statistically, not likely.

How was my comment race baiting? Again, how do you document and prove women benefit the most from AA? You refuse to believe women are capable or smart enough to obtain work without assistance.
The people most likely to be favored are black females. Black females are the “golden girls.” The people most likely to be discriminated against are Asians, followed by whites.

State auditor blasts UC for admitting unqualified students based on wealthy connections​

A stinging report issued by California’s state auditor today slams the University of California for a culture of privileging wealth and access over merit in its admissions process, galvanizing concern that talented low-income students and students of color are displaced by less qualified but better connected students.

The audit report found that four UC campuses “unfairly admitted 64 applicants based on their personal or family connections to donors and university staff” between 2013–14 through 2018–19. Most of the applicants were white and at least half came from families with incomes of $150,000 or more.

Unqualified whites getting into Cal.
WOW a whole sixty-four unqualified applicants over SIX YEARS. Sounds like a real wide-spread problem since UC's student population is about a half million students every year. Over that six years the student population of the UC system would have been approximately three million students. My math isn't good enough to figure out that percentage, but it's not even a rounding error.

Another white who can't face the truth. It's illegal to steal, yet people still do it. Just like whites are still doing this in 2021: Flash will tell you:

“I can say for sure that happens because I did it. Before retirement, I was an Engineer. For the last 20 years of my career, I was a Manager and Director and I hired hundreds of people. I reviewed well over a thousand resumes for all kinds of positions. Everything from Secretaries to Engineering Managers. Both Salary and Hourly. I always culled out the resumes with Black Ethnic names. Never shortlisted anybody with a Black Ethnic name. Never hired them.”

“Since the Fortune 50 company I worked for had a stupid "affirmative action" hiring policies I never mentioned it to anybody and I always got away with it. A couple of times I was instructed to improve my departmental “diversity" demographics but I always ignored it and never got into any trouble. My stereotype is that anybody with a stupid ghetto Black ethnic name is probably worthless. I could have been wrong a couple of times but I was also probably right 99% of the time.

Glad I did it. I would do it again.”
So shut the fuck up quoting laws when your punk ass knows they aren't being followed.
You keep quoting the single example you can find. AND it's a person who knowingly not only broke the rules set by his employer, but the law as well.

The scotch fella is a bit of a freak in his own country.He would prefer to be english and eschews all elements of scotch culture.
Yes, he dosn't sound Scottish. My guess is an English/ British Nationalist trying to put the Scots in a bad light. When British Nationalists tried to get some interest in Scotland they could never manage much more than the people who came up from England and of course the Scot's who opposed them.

Your garbage has nothing to do with what I said. I’m 65, anything I got was from hard work. I didn’t get every job I applied for. I had to attain the skills and experience. WTF do you think AA did for me, you arrogant asshole?
You benefitted from Affirmative Action. Affirmative Action only allows opportunities and women are covered under affirmative action. I had to attain skills and experience to but for some reason your arrogance makes you believe I'm given something extra for being black. Well the policy gives the same something extra to white women and white women have benefitted the most. That's a fact.

You no doubt got contracts as a woman owned business due to AA. So maybe you need to go study what the policy actually does and who it covers before you repeat right wing baited garbage.

You keep quoting the single example you can find. AND it's a person who knowingly not only broke the rules set by his employer, but the law as well.
That's not the only example and you know it.

Read this part: "unfairly admitted 64 applicants based on their personal or family connections to donors and university staff” between 2013–14 through 2018–19. Most of the applicants were white and at least half came from families with incomes of $150,000 or more". There were over 250,000 students in the University of California system every year during that time. Plus $150,000.00 was a middle class income then, California isn't a cheap place to live in 2018 the median home price home in California was $522,440.00. I can't even calculate the percentage of 250,000 that 64 is, but it isn't even a rounding error.
Stop looking for excuses.

Stop complaining about an essentially non-existent problem. 64 students out of nearly four million.
Stop lying about the problem being non existrnt.

“While people of color, individually and as groups, have been helped by affirmative action in the subsequent years, data and studies suggest women — white women in particular — have benefited disproportionately. According to one study, in 1995, 6 million women, the majority of whom were white, had jobs they wouldn’t have otherwise held but for affirmative action.” -Sally Kohn

The National Womens Law Center did a study on Affirmatives Action and found that: “Women of color have lagged particularly far behind in both employment and education. For example, in 1998, the median weekly salary for Black women was $400 compared to $468 for white women and $615 for white men. Hispanic women earned a median weekly income of only $337. Even in sectors where women have made inroads into management, minority women continue to be underrepresented. In the banking industry, only 2.6% of executive, managerial and administrative jobs were held by Black women, and 5% by Hispanic women, compared to 37.6% by white women. In the hospital industry, Black and Hispanic women each held 4.6% of these jobs, while white women held 50.2%. At the top, women of color represented only 11.2% of all corporate officers in Fortune 500 companies.

“Using publicly released reports, we examine the preferences Harvard gives for recruited athletes, legacies, those on the dean’s interest list, and children of faculty and staff (ALDCs). Among white admits, over 43% are ALDC. Among admits who are African American, Asian American, and Hispanic, the share is less than 16% each. Our model of admissions shows that roughly three quarters of white ALDC admits would have been rejected if they had been treated as white non-ALDCs. Removing preferences for athletes and legacies would significantly alter the racial distribution of admitted students, with the share of white admits falling and all other groups rising or remaining unchanged.”

It seems to be the only one you can find. You've used it dozens of times.
It's the only one I need. Everybody with sense knows if he was doing it so are many others. You know that too, but choose to be disingenuous.

There are truth the republican right wing refuses to understand.

White women and affirmative action is one of them.

A while back Molly said this:

"It isn't Affirmative Action when a women decided she needed or wanted to work outside of the household. If a women isn't qualified she will not hold a position long at a job. Women have fought for their rightful place in the workforce, equal pay for equal skills, etc. You talk of laws that should have been given to blacks long before they were, I agree, but women were also denied many things in the past. Giving them the same rights as men is not being given an advantage, such as AA."

Her comment is a prime example of how thorough the right wing race baiting has been.

“Hoping to create in white men and women a shared sense of victimization at the hands of people of color, conservatives have made sure to ignore whatever gains have come to women through affirmative action and have sought to “racialize” the debate and its attendant imagery.”

Tim Wise
Since 1972, all federal contractors and first-tier subcontractors with 50 or more employees (or a contract worth $50,000 or more) have been required to maintain written affirmative action plans for women, containing goals and timetables for correcting deficiencies in equal employment opportunity.

How White Supremacy Uses Affirmative Action

It's true that white women use AA more than any other group...it drives INCELs crazy.

• Thanks
Reactions: IM2
It's true that white women use AA more than any other group...it drives INCELs crazy.
Yeah, that's why they are whining about how white males are being oppressed.

Am I the only one wondering how all those women with the evil skin color were able to keep overpowering IM2 one after another so they could steal that affirmative action from him that was rightfully his?

Am I the only one wondering how all those women with the evil skin color were able to keep overpowering IM2 one after another so they could steal that affirmative action from him that was rightfully his?
I did it with brains, discipline, conscientiousness, values instilled by my parents, and talent in my field. (If I wanted to brag, I’d say more….but this should be sufficient.)

This is an ignorant comment.

I did it with brains, discipline, conscientiousness, values instilled by my parents, and talent in my field. (If I wanted to brag, I’d say more….but this should be sufficient.)
You got an opportunity because of Affirmative Action.

You benefitted from Affirmative Action. Affirmative Action only allows opportunities and women are covered under affirmative action. I had to attain skills and experience to but for some reason your arrogance makes you believe I'm given something extra for being black. Well the policy gives the same something extra to white women and white women have benefitted the most. That's a fact.

You no doubt got contracts as a woman owned business due to AA. So maybe you need to go study what the policy actually does and who it covers before you repeat right wing baited garbage.
I don’t have a woman owned business. I have NOT gotten anything that I did not deserve from continued education to gaining skills and experience. Where did I say you were given anything for being black? What did I say that was arrogant? You make up your disgusting lies to make you feel like you actually know about people. Guess what? You don’t know jack shit about me so STFU and stop with your constant lies.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back