White man shoots very drunk black woman breaking into his house. Charged w murder

If I was a prosecutor, one of the questions I would ask, did the girl have a phone? It's rare that they don't. Why didn't she call someone to come and get her?

The homeowner could be thinking the same thing. What woman goes out in the middle of the night and doesn't have a phone? Of course, in an emergency situation she may not have a phone or a purse for that matter. It could be a rape or mugging victim.

When I first read this case, I thought of the Manson case where Manson and his females went in and killed Sharon Tate for the thrill of it. Unusual, but strange things do happen.

The court is claiming she just had a car crash and was disoriented but how is this guy supposed to know that?

Theodore Wafer WILL stand trial for murder as judge rejects self-defense | Mail Online

19 December 2013
A Detroit-area man who fatally shot a drunk, unarmed woman on his porch will stand trial for second-degree murder and manslaughter, a judge ruled Thursday, rejecting a self-defense argument for the killer's 'bad choice.'

There is no dispute that Theodore Wafer shot Renisha McBride, 19, through the screen of his front door in the early hours of November 2. His attorneys said he feared for his life, but Dearborn Heights Judge David Turfe said Wafer had other options.

An autopsy found McBride had a blood-alcohol level of about 0.22, more than twice the legal limit for driving. She also had been smoking marijuana.

Detroit? What'd you expect???

If I was a prosecutor, one of the questions I would ask, did the girl have a phone? It's rare that they don't. Why didn't she call someone to come and get her?

The homeowner could be thinking the same thing. What woman goes out in the middle of the night and doesn't have a phone? Of course, in an emergency situation she may not have a phone or a purse for that matter. It could be a rape or mugging victim.

When I first read this case, I thought of the Manson case where Manson and his females went in and killed Sharon Tate for the thrill of it. Unusual, but strange things do happen.

She was shot because she DIDN'T have a phone?

I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but several things bother me about this case. First, some people are saying she was trying to break in but if that were the case why would she keep knocking on the door? Most people who are trying to break into a house at night don't want to wake those inside. Even home invaders don't keep banging on the door; instead they attempt to force it open as quickly as possibly to take those inside by surprise.

HAHAHA. You are another idiot who believes people are rational. Fact is the world is full of drugged out loonies who do irrational things. When some nut is banging on your door at 3 AM, you have to figure you have a nutcase on your hand, probably armed.

Right - shoot ANYONE who knocks on your door after 9 PM.

Get back to us and let us know how that works out.

Last edited:

I'm not the brightest bulb in the chandelier, but several things bother me about this case. First, some people are saying she was trying to break in but if that were the case why would she keep knocking on the door? Most people who are trying to break into a house at night don't want to wake those inside. Even home invaders don't keep banging on the door; instead they attempt to force it open as quickly as possibly to take those inside by surprise.

HAHAHA. You are another idiot who believes people are rational. Fact is the world is full of drugged out loonies who do irrational things. When some nut is banging on your door at 3 AM, you have to figure you have a nutcase on your hand, probably armed.

Straw man arguments, both.

Tell ya what....You come and bang on my door at 3 am. You get a stern warning to vacate. Then I repeat myself. If you persist, I must then assume you have bad intentions. I then must act in self preservation...
The result would be YOUR problem.

Tell ya what....You come and bang on my door at 3 am. You get a stern warning to vacate. Then I repeat myself. If you persist, I must then assume you have bad intentions. I then must act in self preservation...

Um ... sure you would, tough guy - I was trying to warn you that YOUR HOUSE WAS ON FIRE!!!

Enjoy the ensuing BBQ!

:lol:

There are laws in every state with regards to what you may or may not do in order to protect yourself. What If I were deaf? Think for a minute - think about explaining to a jury how you commanded me to "stand down" when I was trying to warn you about your burning house and you blew my head off. What If I spoke no English? Maybe I was at the wrong house and I was supposed to start work that day?

"Sorry I shot your dad, kids! He was making too much noise!"

Last edited:

And then the DA is yours and one less problem is out there for me to worry about.

And then the DA is yours and one less problem is out there for me to worry about.

All he will have to do is say "It was self defense!" They will probably give him a reward for killing some crook, right?

:confused:

All he will have to do is say "It was self defense!" They will probably give him a reward for killing some crook, right?

She was a crook because she was Black and drunk????:evil:

She was a crook because she was Black and drunk????:evil:

sgn0y0.png

i dont get the phone thing

Again we see that if you're white, you have no rights in america. If the races were reversed, the govt would call the shooter a hero.

BS and you know it. It is open season on Blacks. You can tag atleast two this season.

HAHAHA. Now you're really getting desperate. All the affirmative action makes it obvious that the govt is always anti-white.

She wasn't a robber or a crook. She was just in a neighborhood where it is assumed that a black person banging on the door in the middle of the night is assumed to be up to no good.

It is a sad commentary on our times but not unexpected.

Um ... sure you would, tough guy - I was trying to warn you that YOUR HOUSE WAS ON FIRE!!!

Enjoy the ensuing BBQ!

There are laws in every state with regards to what you may or may not do in order to protect yourself. What If I were deaf? Think for a minute - think about explaining to a jury how you commanded me to "stand down" when I was trying to warn you about your burning house and you blew my head off. What If I spoke no English? Maybe I was at the wrong house and I was supposed to start work that day?

Not my problem. It is unreasonable to expect a homeowner inside HIS home to determine whether or not a person is deaf.
However, a homeowner has a reasonable expectation of security in their home....It is also reasonable for a person located inside his home to assume a person loudly banging on his door and refusing to respond to "who is there? and what is your business?", to be a bad actor. A reasonable person has no legal obligation to open his door of HIS home to any person. Legally, the resident has a right to self preservation.
You bring up many scenarios which I perceive as you attempting to further an agenda that no one is entitled to protect life and property.
The bottom line is the possibility of a loud and repeated banging on one's door at 3 am with no response to the resident's inquiries being the start of a home invasion are far greater than a deaf guy who doesn't speak English looking for work or to report a fire.
Now, let's cut out the bullshit, shall we?

How so? Based on what?
As a homeowner and given the circumstances( hour, the disposition of the person banging the door, non responsive to demands the intruder identify and state her business) I have a reasonable expectation that the person at my door is there to cause harm to me my family and/or my property.
Once again, there is no one size fits all solution for this. The system will work itself out. Guilt or innocence of the shooter will be placed in the hands of a jury of his peers.
That's the way it works.
Now, all it takes is for one juror who lives in a dodgy neighborhood to place themselves in the shoes of the defendant and there is the decision.

Enjoy the ensuing BBQ!

Not my problem. It is unreasonable to expect a homeowner inside HIS home to determine whether or not a person is deaf.
However, a homeowner has a reasonable expectation of security in their home....It is also reasonable for a person located inside his home to assume a person loudly banging on his door and refusing to respond to "who is there? and what is your business?", to be a bad actor. A reasonable person has no legal obligation to open his door of HIS home to any person. Legally, the resident has a right to self preservation.
You bring up many scenarios which I perceive as you attempting to further an agenda that no one is entitled to protect life and property.
The bottom line is the possibility of a loud and repeated banging on one's door at 3 am with no response to the resident's inquiries being the start of a home invasion are far greater than a deaf guy who doesn't speak English looking for work or to report a fire.
Now, let's cut out the bullshit, shall we?

Yes, let's quit pretending that you own a firearm, because you seem to know very little about them.

I have no clue what state you are in, so I have no way to tell you why you cannot shoot someone on your porch who is not breaking into your house. You yourself might want to check the laws, because I don't believe for two seconds that your state would allow you to do that.

I gave you very valid scenarios for why you should not attempt killing someone without good cause. You might not even be allowed to shoot them inside your house - I know that breaks your heart because you are a bonafide John Wayne type, but the law has the final say - not your pop-gun.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back