10-Yr Old Fatally Shoots Woman With Mother's Gun - WTF?

"An Orlando police arrest affidavit released Tuesday reveals new details behind a deadly shooting in which a 10-year-old girl is accused of killing a woman who was fighting the girl’s mother. The affidavit shows officers spoke with three witnesses, including the victim’s boyfriend. The man said he and Lashun Rodgers, the victim, were having a cookout for Memorial Day when they were approached by Lakrisha Isaac, 31, and Isaac’s 10-year-old daughter, according to the affidavit. Officers said Isaac was intoxicated when she got into a physical fight with Rodgers. The man said Isaac handed a bag to the girl and punched Rodgers, who then punched her attacker, records show.

The 10-year old retrieved a gun from Isaac’s bag and fired at least two rounds, striking Rodgers, who died at a hospital, according to the affidavit. The boyfriend claimed he heard the girl shout,
She shouldn’t have hit my momma.” The man tried to help Rodgers, but Isaac took the gun from the girl and pointed it at the man’s chest, police said -- witnesses also stated Isaac took the gun from the girl and pointed it at the victim’s boyfriend before retreating to her apartment. Isaac faces a charge of manslaughter by culpable negligence, aggravated assault with a gun, negligent storage of a gun and neglect of a child. Police said Tuesday that the girl was placed in the custody of the Florida Department of Children and Families."

Pretty sad story..Now carrying a gun in your purse, that isn't the problem...everyone should be carrying a gun these days...The problem is, not understanding how to resolve conflict....the problem is, not understanding that all battles don't need to be fought, especially when you are a drunk ass bitch whose daughter just killed someone over your petty bullshit..........I would say that act ruined that little girl's life, but considering the mother who is raising her; her life was already in the process of being ruined...

Now, can these folks claim the daughter acted in self-defense?? Since this happened in Florida, could there be some stand your ground defense, a-la Zimmerman? I can see that being the case if the boyfriend had a gun and he shot the kid...that is clear cut self-defense or at least defense of another...but the kid's mother from all accounts, initiated the fight...so just because she got hit back doesn't mean she or her daughter can cite a Stand Your Ground justification....yea, we want kids to be able to use a fire arm to protect themselves and others, but this isn't it....
Stand your ground only applies if you are not the aggressor (which is why Zimmerman could have been convicted on lesser included charges of manslaughter, but the jury was never given that option).

Shut up and get back under the bed where where Justin wants you.

What a fool YOU are!!!! Canadians aren't under the bed!!!

We had ZERO mass shootings on Canada Day, which was July 1st - 3 days ago. We had parades, fireworks, and hot dogs in the park, and nobody was worried about some asshole with an AK47 shooting up the parade.

We had protests, and people behaving like assholes, but nobody was murdered and died because we don't have semi-automatic weapons being widely available here.

What a fool YOU are!!!! Canadians aren't under the bed!!!

We had ZERO mass shootings on Canada Day, which was July 1st - 3 days ago. We had parades, fireworks, and hot dogs in the park, and nobody was worried about some asshole with an AK47 shooting up the parade.

We had protests, and people behaving like assholes, but nobody was murdered and died because we don't have semi-automatic weapons being widely available here.

You can't make this stuff up. WOOSH. The point is that you are afraid of everything, Guns , Covid and whatever else Justin tells you to afraid of.

The idea that the solution to the gun violence problem in the USA is more guns and easier access to them, is beyond stupid.
The idea that the solution to gun violence is restricting the rights of those who do not commit gun violence is beyond stupid

You can't make this stuff up. WOOSH. The point is that you are afraid of everything, Guns , Covid and whatever else Justin tells you to afraid of.

What a gullible fool you are to project YOUR fears onto me. I not really afraid of much in my day to day life, and I've never owned a gun.

Your constant promotion of guns to "protect yourself" is a sign of your unwavering belief that you're in danger all of the time. Not once ever have I felt that I would safer with a gun.
The idea that the solution to gun violence is restricting the rights of those who do not commit gun violence is beyond stupid

It's certainly worked in every other first world country in the world. The rest of the first world doesn't have school shootings at all, and mass public shootings are very rare. Our rates of violent crime and murder are much lower than yours.

You have more guns than people, and a murder rate 7 times higher than the rest of the first world. If what you were doing is working, you wouldn't have the highest rates of gun crime and murder in the first world. "Gun Violence" is now the leading cause of death for children under the age of 10.

I live in a country where we leave our doors unlocked during the day, and only hunters and farmers own guns. Oh yeah, and criminals. If you own and carry a handgun here, you're a criminal. Or a copy while on duty.

What a gullible fool you are to project YOUR fears onto me. I not really afraid of much in my day to day life, and I've never owned a gun.

Your constant promotion of guns to "protect yourself" is a sign of your unwavering belief that you're in danger all of the time. Not once ever have I felt that I would safer with a gun.

It's certainly worked in every other first world country in the world. The rest of the first world doesn't have school shootings at all, and mass public shootings are very rare. Our rates of violent crime and murder are much lower than yours.

You have more guns than people, and a murder rate 7 times higher than the rest of the first world. If what you were doing is working, you wouldn't have the highest rates of gun crime and murder in the first world. "Gun Violence" is now the leading cause of death for children under the age of 10.

I live in a country where we leave our doors unlocked during the day, and only hunters and farmers own guns. Oh yeah, and criminals. If you own and carry a handgun here, you're a criminal. Or a copy while on duty.
That's a bullshit argument.

The murder rate in the US is virtually the same as it was in 1950 since then we have passed literally thousands of gun laws and had an "assault weapon" ban for 10 years and those evil AR 15 rifles didn't even exist in 1950

Gun laws do not affect crime rates

The answer:
She took it out of her mother's bag while her mother was in a fight.
So...?

Irrelevant how she got it.

Its a major problem that a ten year old got a hold of a firearm for any reason.

Don’t you agree?

Because ten year olds should not be able to shoot people. That’s why it’s a major problem.
On the contrary.
10yr olds should very much have the capability to shoot people; if your 10yr old does not now how to properly handle a gun, you have failed him or her as a parent.
That's a major problem.

Ketanji is probably not the best example. She doesn't know What the word "woman" means.
But she knows what the words Supreme Court Justice are when she is referred to as such...

Something you would never be referred to as, Mr. Flops.....but keep hope alive....maybe one day you will be able to cope with a black woman seceding more than you ever will...

Forum List

Back