White, Asian and Black at school

Is it harder to be white or Asian at an all black school, or neither or depends? I wonder because I'm the only Asian at an all black school and it is very hard, and you (at least I) only hear about such race relations at American schools between whites and blacks (e.g. "being white at an all black school"), so was seeking other perspectives. Thanks:)

Would it be any easier if you were an Asian in an all white school? How about being black in an all white school? How about being black at an all Asian school? These exist, so what's your point?

Yay! You win points because you understand the kind of question I was asking! (jk) ......... But what is your point? What do you think of the answers to the interesting questions you just asked?? Please share, this is a Race Relations/Racism forum afterall, too:)

`
Anecdotal - I live in a lily white area of Wisconsin....northern Wisconsin. With the exception of Green Bay, I can count on one hand, the amount of blacks that live within a 30 mile radius of my house. There are more Latino's and surprisingly, a lot more Asians; mainly Hmong and Vietnamese.

My middle daughter is biracial (black/white) and prior to going to school, I taught her what to expect and how to react. Funny thing though, she was pretty much universally accepted without any rancor. Still, there is an unsaid mistrust for blacks in general, based mainly on what these kids read in periodicals and see on TV.

Last edited:
my wife went to a majority black school
the blacks went around harming the whites a few times
the whites had to hide/etc
IM2 won't be able to believe blacks can be racist/etc--it just CAN'T be

and also , you are in a big metro area and thats part of your problem Sob .

Is it harder to be white or Asian at an all black school, or neither or depends? I wonder because I'm the only Asian at an all black school and it is very hard, and you (at least I) only hear about such race relations at American schools between whites and blacks (e.g. "being white at an all black school"), so was seeking other perspectives. Thanks:)
I would assume it would be hard to be the only person of any race at any school that is predominantly another race. Now that depends on how you comport yourself and what you do at school. I know a Black guy that went to a all white school and he was treated great but then again he was a basketball superstar. If he had been a Black guy that wasnt a basketball star would he have been treated well?

You're correct, A. I had a similar experience at a predominately white school when I was bussed in along with other black kids.

Most of them were treated like garbage by white teachers and administrators, and some were picked on by white students, and there were actually a few who were accepted because they kissed ass, but I was treated
differently because I played sports at school and was on an amatuer boxing team away from school. Granted, this was back in the 60"s when a lot was going on socially, but the fact is that no matter what era it is, if you "look" different, you're experience will be out of the norm.

I’ve already had to give the “Respect” speech twice so far this year.

Probably 998 times to go.

Most instances are unintentional insult by kids who came from other countries and don’t understand how seriously issues of respect and dignity relating to race, religion, and ethnicity are taken in the US. A lot of people don’t realize that America is way ahead of most of the world in this regard.

Last edited:
Hey guys, what are you talking about?
There is no racism at all in such a holy country like USA!

Only Russia is the one where racism exists!!!

If talking seriously, you do really have problems in your sick society. Negros hate white without any reason, as an hate both...all live separately tending to chose the district of the right color.
We in Russia have nothing of the kind. We have many koreans here in Vladivostok and never pay attention to their visible differences from europeoids...even in schools.

Simply sick society and you must be treated.

It is very revealing how Americans in real life discuss nationalities and races ... But in politics they claim that there is no racism in America, there is racism in Russia.
:04::04::04:

This is because in Russia there are more than 200 nationalities, peoples and ethnic groups. Historically, it was not surprising if a person said: "I'm an Armenian, I'm a Belarusian or ....)
The so-called 5th column in the passport (nationality), which the liberals criticize, is in fact the right decision. not to hide. By the way, a person could write himself that he, for example, is a Chinese, even if he is Russian.
There were problems in the 90s. This is understandable, because of the economic and political crisis.

It's about nationality. And what about the race, then this has never happened.
In America, all Americans and no one else. But there are WASP, Black and Latinos.
And there are racial and national problems.
This is the weak side of America, which everyone knows.

I had the same experience. People have a lot of notions about racism, but they have no idea how things really are because they haven't spent time in black communities. Racism is very acceptable there. They drop a "white boy" comment without anyone In the room batting an eye.

I would assume it would be hard to be the only person of any race at any school that is predominantly another race. Now that depends on how you comport yourself and what you do at school. I know a Black guy that went to a all white school and he was treated great but then again he was a basketball superstar. If he had been a Black guy that wasnt a basketball star would he have been treated well?
Thanks for showing the difference between racism at white schools and black schools.By your own account, there wasnt any at the white school.

Would it be any easier if you were an Asian in an all white school? How about being black in an all white school? How about being black at an all Asian school? These exist, so what's your point?
This poster has been around white people for his whole life. Do you see him mentioning racism from white people? We arent the racists, black people are, and their racism is violent.

Yeah right. Dont lie. It was you that got your ass kicked all the time.
What difference would it make who the target of your communities racism was?

Touched a nerve huh? You definitely got your ass kicked alot too. :laugh:

Black people are often violent racists, so they attack many people. Whats your point?

Black people are often violent racists, so they attack many people. Whats your point?
My point is you got your ass kicked frequently. Its funny seeing you pale faces turn red after you get smacked. Bet you wont call a Black person a racist name in person ever again will you? You got what you deserved.
laugh.gif

little i know about it , never experienced it as there were no blacks anywhere around for hundreds of miles when and where i was growing up . The closest blacks were i were in Deeeeetroit or Milwaukee or Chicago and maybe a few in Green Bay . My wife grew up in Milwaukee , she went to Lutheran School , refused to go to any pubic school due to black racism in the schools that she woulda had to go to .

i grew up in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan right on the beach of Lake Superior . It was all white with American Finns , Swedes , some Italians and Chippewa Indians . School was 100 percent White , nice , brand new school and hundreds of miles away from most problems and all racial problems . The sport was hunting and fishing and It was a nice place to grow up .

Forum List

Back