Zone1 How Blacks can help their own communities

Huh? You who just made a nasty remark about Jews and their “ugly noses” are going to lecture others on bigotry?

These liberals couldn’t be bigger hypocrites if they tried.
I'm married to a Jew and have known a fair number of Jews. I can't tell a Jew by sight, and rarely can tell a non-observant Jew by conduct. When I was young you could guess by someone using Yiddish loan words, but they've been adopted into general American now.

I'm married to a Jew and have known a fair number of Jews. I can't tell a Jew by sight, and rarely can tell a non-observant Jew by conduct. When I was young you could guess by someone using Yiddish loan words, but they've been adopted into general American now.
Apparently Joe B can tell a Jew by his nose.

And thank you for being supportive of Jews. I’m not sure if you live in a liberal area, but here it’s getting bad.

I’ve already told you what the topic is, and you’ve instead chosen to turn it into an argument for repararions and racism blacks face.

What? Did you read your own OP? Your SPECIFICALLY MENTIONED REPARATIONS in it girl! Own it.

Bur yes...I am saying blacks should stop wasting time and effort on trying to get reparations. It’s a waste of finite resources - resources better spent on building various support services in the community.

It’s how all groups have succeeded. Blacks are no different.
I will wait for you to give that same advice to Japanese Americans, I mean same standards and all right?

Oh wait…you are actually admitting that reparations are part of the topic Lisa.

That's the one thing I notice about Leftists. They stick their noses in to "help" groups and the only thing that happens is more unmitigated disaster ensues. There's proven history between their "helping" the blacks in America and the shitshow that has resulted from more than 60+ years of LBJ's failed "war on poverty" and "Great Society" legislations. And when you get great people like Candace Owens or Gen. Allen West declaring that blacks must own up to their responsibilities, they are routinely pilloried and called sellouts.

That's the one thing I notice about Leftists. They stick their noses in to "help" groups and the only thing that happens is more unmitigated disaster ensues. There's proven history between their "helping" the blacks in America and the shitshow that has resulted from more than 60+ years of LBJ's failed "war on poverty" and "Great Society" legislations. And when you get great people like Candace Owens or Gen. Allen West declaring that blacks must own up to their responsibilities, they are routinely pilloried and called sellouts.
The Dems’ very purpose in “helping” blacks is to keep them dependent and voting Democrat. That is why when people suggest ways in which blacks can help themselves, they are attacked.

Our very generous country pays for either an A.A. in community college or a vocational program - in full - for anyone of modest means. There is no excuse for any black high school grad in a poor neighborhood not to take advantage of these career-training offers.

For example, not a single student in the Baltimore school system scored a proficient in math, and a very small percentage scored a proficient in English. So what will they do after graduation? Get a job at McDonalds and then comolain they can’t afford an apartment because….whites racist! At the minimum, they can take the city bus to a vocational program and learn a trade.

Well, to start with, Allen West was never a "General". He rose to the rank of Lt. Col, and was mustered out of the military after he tortured a detainee in Iraq. If that was the extent of your errors, it would just be amusing.

Let's start with your notion that the "Great Society" (which was not just aimed at blacks but included White Middle Class entitlements such as Medicare) was a diaster for blacks.

Not really.

Let's start with the black poverty rate. It was at 55% in 1959, but by 1975 had dropped to 30%. Today it is down to 17%.

1712405190095.png

Abortion isn’t good for black women. It only requires a minimal effort to avoid the abortion clinic all together.

Empower black women to have the autonomy and self control to guide their own destiny. Liberal like yourself want black people who are dysfunctional and dependent.
You insult blacks while claiming to exult them.

The Dems’ very purpose in “helping” blacks is to keep them dependent and voting Democrat. That is why when people suggest ways in which blacks can help themselves, they are attacked.

Our very generous country pays for either an A.A. in community college or a vocational program - in full - for anyone of modest means. There is no excuse for any black high school grad in a poor neighborhood not to take advantage of these career-training offers.

For example, not a single student in the Baltimore school system scored a proficient in math, and a very small percentage scored a proficient in English. So what will they do after graduation? Get a job at McDonalds and then comolain they can’t afford an apartment because….whites racist! At the minimum, they can take the city bus to a vocational program and learn a trade.
The way you Repubs talk shit about blacks is very disrespectful and discouraging, and you wonder why they identify as Democrats.

Can you please point out this program where the government is paying for an Associates Degree? Because this is certainly news to me. I mean, the government paid for my college because I joined the army, but that meant putting up with a lot of abuse and making a lot of sacrifices.

I will admit, public schools in urban settings are a failure, and there's PLENTY of blame to go around for it, but the main reason why it's a failure is white folks no longer have a stake in it. They've either put their kids in private or parochial schools (like my parents did) or they've moved out to the suburbs.

2) Start a tutoring business in a poor black neighborhood, helping at-at risk teens to pass subjects they are failing and complete high school
They tried something like this in my hometown about 35 years ago. They got minority students from our local college to staff “Tutoring Centers” in our four largest minority housing areas. They were free and open both evenings and weekends.

They closed them three months later becatnobody was showing up. Once the high school students realized the tutors wouldn’t actually DO their homework for them, the high school students stopped showing up.

They tried something like this in my hometown about 35 years ago. They got minority students from our local college to staff “Tutoring Centers” in our four largest minority housing areas. They were free and open both evenings and weekends.

They closed them three months later becatnobody was showing up. Once the high school students realized the tutors wouldn’t actually DO their homework for them, the high school students stopped showing up.
That’s quite sad - blacks were trying to help other blacks, and the ones who could have gained weren’t interested. A lack of motivation is clearly a factor.

That’s quite sad - blacks were trying to help other blacks, and the ones who could have gained weren’t interested. A lack of motivation is clearly a factor
Not just blacks. Latino students were involved as well.

Then again this was the same time period where the School Board had to deal with a group of minority parents who felt the requirements for Advanced (not AP) classes at the high school should be reduced to allow more minority students to get into them, and pass them. Yep - lower the standard, don’t get the students to be better qualified.

Not just blacks. Latino students were involved as well.

Then again this was the same time period where the School Board had to deal with a group of minority parents who felt the requirements for Advanced (not AP) classes at the high school should be reduced to allow more minority students to get into them, and pass them. Yep - lower the standard, don’t get the students to be better qualified.
It’s a race to the bottom.

My dad had a similar experience to the one you described. After he retired, he wanted to help others and volunteered with a program that educated high school dropouts to they could get their GEDs. (Dad had a grad degree in a STEM field.)

He tutored in high school math - the same Algebra II he helped me with years before - but the students wouldn’t show up, or if they did hadn’t done the homework. My dad ended up quitting in exasperation.

The way you Repubs talk shit about blacks is very disrespectful and discouraging, and you wonder why they identify as Democrats.
What’s wrong with revealing the opportunities available to poor blacks? Afraid they might move away from government dependence and vote for the party that pushes for self-sufficency?

My aunt worked part-time in the Financial Aid office of a community college. Poor blacks knew they could get free tuition via a Pell Grant, but they had to fill out a form. Many complained that the form was too complicated and got angry that it was required. My aunt said she’d help them, which she did, but there was a lot of bitching that they should just get the free college without the nuisance of an application.

WAY too much entitlement in this society, and too little appreciation for its opportunities.

Forum List

Back