CDZ While this board was down today I went to another

Status
Not open for further replies.

william the wie

Gold Member
Nov 18, 2009
What was stunning was the state of collapse of membership. has the left skipped victory and gone straight to purging the Old Bolsheviks?

huh?

Tucker.jpg

What was stunning was the state of collapse of membership. has the left skipped victory and gone straight to purging the Old Bolsheviks?
That must have been one of those kind of boards I went to before I found USMB in 2011. I don't quite always understand the left. Whether it's watching them do regrettable things or saying words that prove to be false narratives that fly in the face of probity, I feel sorry for America, because some of them learned these types of propaganda that weren't around when I was growing up. Back then, I watched my parents who may or may not have voted for the winner, they had a practice of supporting whoever was elected President, and it was with a full heart of support, not distrust.

My recollection of instant distrust was when Jack Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. After that, the press grew horns and a little red tail, blaming every politician in my home state for killing Kennedy. It was just crazy. I loved Kennedy too, but our nation did not heal with the venom of blaming everyone but Lee Harvey Oswald for his deed. Oddly, they say Oswald had been in Russia before the assassination.

I'm glad USMB is back. I didn't even bother to visit another board.

Are you saying that the left collapsed on that board like it has on this board? Maybe you need to go to a dedicated leftist board like DU or international skeptics?

That must have been one of those kind of boards I went to before I found USMB in 2011. I don't quite always understand the left. Whether it's watching them do regrettable things or saying words that prove to be false narratives that fly in the face of probity, I feel sorry for America, because some of them learned these types of propaganda that weren't around when I was growing up. Back then, I watched my parents who may or may not have voted for the winner, they had a practice of supporting whoever was elected President, and it was with a full heart of support, not distrust.

My recollection of instant distrust was when Jack Kennedy was assassinated by Lee Harvey Oswald. After that, the press grew horns and a little red tail, blaming every politician in my home state for killing Kennedy. It was just crazy. I loved Kennedy too, but our nation did not heal with the venom of blaming everyone but Lee Harvey Oswald for his deed. Oddly, they say Oswald had been in Russia before the assassination.

I'm glad USMB is back. I didn't even bother to visit another board.
Texas is a bunch of Kennedy Killers

After the assassination, thousands of Texans were seen dancing on rooftops

Last edited:
The two people from this board that were there today are not lefties and the increasingly left turn of the site was a big part of the reason for me leaving there.

Looks like every post from Tuesday to today has been deleted

With apologies....perhaps like a septic tank the site needs to be cleansed like a truck that pumps out all the vile we spew once in a while. Ladies and gentlemen...start flushing!

With apologies....perhaps like a septic tank the site needs to be cleansed like a truck that pumps out all the vile we spew once in a while. Ladies and gentlemen...start flushing!

Russian hackers

... has the left skipped victory and gone straight to purging the Old Bolsheviks?
Great Purge - Wikipedia

The Great Purge or the Great Terror (Russian: ) was a campaign of political repression in the Soviet Union which occurred from 1936 to 1938.[5] It involved a large-scale purge of the Communist Party and government officials, repression of wealthy landlords and the Red Army leadership, widespread police surveillance, suspicion of saboteurs, counter-revolutionaries, imprisonment, and arbitrary executions.[6] In Russian historiography, the period of the most intense purge, 1937–1938, is called Yezhovshchina (literally, "Yezhov phenomenon",[note 1]commonly translated as "times of Yezhov" or "doings of Yezhov"), after Nikolai Yezhov, the head of the Soviet secret police, the NKVD, who was executed a year after the purge. Modern historical studies estimate the total number of deaths due to Stalinist repression in 1937–38 to be between 681,692 and 1,200,000.[2][1]

They are not quite up this yet. However they will do a practice session on Creepy Uncle Joe. Stay tuned.

The two people from this board that were there today are not lefties and the increasingly left turn of the site was a big part of the reason for me leaving there.

Most of the sites I frequent strike me as more right wing than left, but to each their own. I am a neither so I pretty much am used to being kicked from all sides ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back