While Patiently-Waiting For Bush Tax-Cuts To DIE...

Not a prob!

Most people/countries finally "get" economic-issues....well...except for George Bush....and, Brazil will more-than-likely increase their interest-rates, to fore-stall any dramatic-changes in their economy.​

How did tax cuts actually harm the economy? Explain the mechanics instead of anger-chanting george bush.

Tax Cuts in the midst of 2 Wars is silly.

Why do you think the Deficit went even higher?

That was caused by more spending not by less income.

Hang-IN there, folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

:clap2:

Brazil's Economy Has Hit Bubble Speed

Vincent Fernando, CFA | May 23, 2010, 10:10 AM | 1,851 | comment 18

brazil china lula tradeBrazil's economy just clocked 10% annualized GDP growth over the last six months. Even though the world's economic rebound is expected to slow in the second half of this year, Brazil is still expected to log a China-like 7% GDP growth for 2010.

That's the fastest growth Brazil has experienced since 1986.

Problem is, it's not sustainable and could create painful side effects:

The Economist:

The problem is that while it may be growing at Chinese speeds, Brazil is not China. Because it still saves and invests too little, most economists think it is restricted to a speed limit of 5% at the most, if it is not to crash. The growth spurt is partly the result of the stimulus measures taken by President Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva’s government when the world financial crisis
briefly tipped the country into recession late in 2008. The trouble, say critics, is that much of the extra government spending is turning out to be permanent—and so the economy is starting to resemble a Toyota with the accelerator stuck to the floor.

The strain is showing. Businesses are chasing after scarce skilled labour. Inflation for the 12 months to April reached 5.3%, above the Central Bank’s target of 4.5%. Imports are set to top exports this year, for the first time since 2000, and the current-account deficit should widen to 3% of GDP.

Read more: Brazil's booming economy: Flying too high for safety | The EconomistBrazil's Economy Has Hit Bubble Speed
Miss_Cleo.jpg

YES FOLKS
....HANG IN THERE....WE'RE HEADED FOR A BUMPY RIDE!!!
:happy-1:

AND BRAZIL IS NEXT
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..........

Hey....we're STILL waitin' for those WMDs (that you "conservatives" GUARANTEED) to showup.

:rolleyes:

The ones that Bill Clinton went to the UN and said existed....

Miss_Cleo.jpg

YES FOLKS
....HANG IN THERE....WE'RE HEADED FOR A BUMPY RIDE!!!
:happy-1:

AND BRAZIL IS NEXT
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight..........

Hey....we're STILL waitin' for those WMDs (that you "conservatives" GUARANTEED) to showup.

The ones that Bill Clinton went to the UN and said existed....
Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight....and, he (merely) forgot to show-up for the sales-and-marketing pitch, huh??
[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4RZO8y-R9k]YouTube - WMD Lies - (Bush Administration) George W. Bush and his Lying Friends[/ame]

Of course, and Cutting Taxes with 2 wars isn't gonna help at all.

We still generated more revenue.....
....From WHAT??!!!

:confused:

LOL!

The fact that you can't fathom that cutting taxes can stir business and that from the increased business revenues even the smaller tax rate can raise more money for the government comes as no surprise at all.

But John F. Kennedy seemed to grasp the concept. Rising tides do tend to lift ALL boats, you liberoidal simpleton.

We still generated more revenue.....
....From WHAT??!!!

LOL!

The fact that you can't fathom that cutting taxes can stir business and that from the increased business revenues even the smaller tax rate can raise more money for the government comes as no surprise at all.
.....Mostly because that's bullshit.​

"The central concept of supply-side economics is that tax cuts cause economic growth. Tax cuts allow entrepreneurs to invest their tax savings, which creates higher productivity, jobs and profits. This, ironically, allows the entrepreneur and his new workers to pay even more taxes, even at lower rates.

The supply-side idea is a simple one, and makes a popular political message. However, it is interesting to note that mainstream economists -- even conservative ones -- almost universally reject supply-side THEORY."

I prefer an option that (actually) WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

"Some columnists claim that tax receipts are now a bigger share of the economy than ever before, presumably the result of tax increases enacted in 1993. As a result, they say, federal taxes and especially federal income taxes should be cut. But, the claim is false.

....From WHAT??!!!

LOL!

.....Mostly because that's bullshit.​

"The central concept of supply-side economics is that tax cuts cause economic growth. Tax cuts allow entrepreneurs to invest their tax savings, which creates higher productivity, jobs and profits. This, ironically, allows the entrepreneur and his new workers to pay even more taxes, even at lower rates.

The supply-side idea is a simple one, and makes a popular political message. However, it is interesting to note that mainstream economists -- even conservative ones -- almost universally reject supply-side THEORY."

I prefer an option that (actually) WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!

"Some columnists claim that tax receipts are now a bigger share of the economy than ever before, presumably the result of tax increases enacted in 1993. As a result, they say, federal taxes and especially federal income taxes should be cut. But, the claim is false.

No. It's not bullshit. It is the only economic theory that consistently works, in fact.

http://www.house.gov/jec/fiscal/tx-grwth/reagtxct/reagtxct.htm

http://www.heritage.org/Research/Reports/2003/08/The-Historical-Lessons-of-Lower-Tax-Rates

It is your silly response which is meaningless liberoidal chatter -- or "bullshit."

Last edited:
I personally can't wait til January.. These increased tax bill are going to be really really really awsome! are they knot? :lol:
No DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

:clap2:

You think raising taxes grew the economy in the 90s??? :lol:

troll_award.jpg
You've been reading too-many Texas History-Books.

Why are you laughing?

Brazil GDP Growth Rate

The only concern is that Brazil's economy is growing too fast.

i'm laughing because i've been to brazil, and i'm also laughing because it appears most of the brazilians followed me home.

it's a third world shithole of the first order.

if you think it's a good idea to emulate a country where the cops shoot homeless kids for sport, knock yourself out.

Jesus, why is everyone misconstruing me today? I never said I wanted the US to "emulate" Brazil. The only thing I commend Brazil for is the fact that they pulled themselves out of an economic crisis and the fact that they managed to develop their own energy source from sugar. Period.

Considering any issues outside-our-borders makes you some kind o' Elitist, I think.

:eusa_eh:

"conservatives" have a rather-bizarre sense of nostalgia.

They keep voting for Bushes & Corporate America....and, the Dems keep bailin'-us-out.

:eusa_whistle:

I'm kind of curious why some people in this society want all the rights to make money but deny the same right to other people simply because they have more.

The wealthiest always know how to make more through tax manipulation, that's why. The lower the income, the fewer tax benefits. It's a nofuckingbrainer.

Everything's temporary!

Things CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

change.jpg

That's classic. :lol::lol:

She lived there and you think she's stupid for knowing what the real deal is....because you know different from watching it on TV.:anj_stfu:

You have to be goodlooking? Is that a fact or just the whine of some bimbo who's not? As you must know by now, I like facts more than fiction, bud.

To get a decent job at a hotel or anyplace you have contact with the public looks are the primary consideration.
Gee....ya' mean like Hooters?

You think raising taxes grew the economy in the 90s??? :lol:

Yet another awesome troll post!!!!! Two in one day. You win:

troll_award.jpg

Productivity in the 90's was so good that no one cared that the highest tax rate was 39%. You can read some simple charts here that will 'splane to you why we were much better off then. This one shows when manufacturing began to drop and it's dropped off a cliff since then.

Charting the Real State of the U.S. economy - AmericanEconomicAlert.org | U.S. Economy graphs statistics diagram globalization outsourcing

That's part of the answer, but to say tax increases improved the economy is beyond stupid.
Yeah....using increased tax-receipts to pay-down the Debt....which lowers interest-rates....is a real-tragedy, Skippy.

Productivity in the 90's was so good that no one cared that the highest tax rate was 39%. You can read some simple charts here that will 'splane to you why we were much better off then. This one shows when manufacturing began to drop and it's dropped off a cliff since then.

Charting the Real State of the U.S. economy - AmericanEconomicAlert.org | U.S. Economy graphs statistics diagram globalization outsourcing

That's part of the answer, but to say tax increases improved the economy is beyond stupid.
Yeah....using increased tax-receipts to pay-down the Debt....which lowers interest-rates....is a real-tragedy, Skippy.

Nobody is disputing that. However, raising tax rates is always a drain on the economy. You would think that would be a simple concept for most people to understand, but obviously it is not. Your problem is that you misunderstand simple cause and effect. Here's a chart you should appreciate. I'm sure it will make perfect sense to you.

piratesarecool.jpg

I'm kind of curious why some people in this society want all the rights to make money but deny the same right to other people simply because they have more.

The wealthiest always know how to make more through tax manipulation, that's why. The lower the income, the fewer tax benefits. It's a nofuckingbrainer.

Everything's temporary!

Things CHANGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

change.jpg

Oh wow...

Change has come hasn't it?

I mean seriously, He's like Bush III, that's some real change right there.

:eusa_eh:

Why are you laughing?

Brazil GDP Growth Rate

The only concern is that Brazil's economy is growing too fast.
Not a prob!

Most people/countries finally "get" economic-issues....well...except for George Bush....and, Brazil will more-than-likely increase their interest-rates, to fore-stall any dramatic-changes in their economy.​

How did tax cuts actually harm the economy? Explain the mechanics instead of anger-chanting george bush.
How much trickle-down (from the high-roller$) did YOU see?

139815_16_charter_yachts_start.jpg

"TRICKLE-DOWN?? YEAH....SURE...THE CHECKS IN THE MAIL!!!!"

Last edited:

Forum List

Back