While Patiently-Waiting For Bush Tax-Cuts To DIE...

nothing says successful economy like brazil.

:rofl:

Why are you laughing?

Brazil GDP Growth Rate

The only concern is that Brazil's economy is growing too fast.

i'm laughing because i've been to brazil, and i'm also laughing because it appears most of the brazilians followed me home.

it's a third world shithole of the first order.

if you think it's a good idea to emulate a country where the cops shoot homeless kids for sport, knock yourself out.

I've heard their beaches are pretty sexy. That's gotta count for something.

Only a mind-numb zombie can't see what's going on.

Everything Obama tries is doomed to failure. Cash for Clunkers is just one of his bright ideas. Most of the benefit went to Toyota.

Let's make a list of where some of that cash went.

Billions went to bailing out GM's union pension plans and health plans.

The next bailout will go to bailing out other union's pension plans.

The Pension Guaranty Trust was broke before Obama even announced his candidacy, and it wasn't established solely to protect union pensions. Can you say Enron? How many non-union people lost everything from their 401K plans and other pension perks?

The market lost half it's value because of Democrat bullshit.

A 401k plan is not a perk....it is an excellent investment. Problem is everyone started spending theirs because they started losing their asses due to said Democrat bullshit.

Democrat bullshit meaning: Threats of higher taxes, changes in lending regulations causing a crash of the housing market and failure of banks. Democrats encouraging people to default on their loans because of "Unfair and Predatory Lending Practices".

What cock 'n bull websites do you get your talking points from? :cuckoo: Enron wiped out the pension plans for thousands of its employees, which resulted in the Pension Guaranty Trust stepping in to salvage at least some of their retirement investments.

Democrats are at fault for rampant personal spending? Puleeze.

It is so foolish to constantly blame "democrats" for everything that went wrong with the economy. Even fifth graders can figure out that it took nearly a decade to fuck it all up. Where were the Republicans riding to the rescue before the dems partially took over in 07? Huh? Huh? Huh? Are you suggesting in two and a half years it all went to hell in a handbasket because of "threats" of higher taxes (in actuality more tax CREDITS have been given since then to maintain the private sector, you dope), or because bogus mortgage lenders lived high off the hog by writing mortgages for people who couldn't afford them? So fucking typical of you to blame the victim and not the perpetrator.

If you want to make comparison's between the U.S. and Brazil, then let's include some additional metrics.

Brazil's inflation rate is close to 5%, wiping out much of the GDP growth in real terms; the U.S.'s is negligible at this point (although massive debt will likely change that in the future).

UPDATE 1-Brazil economists lift inflation, GDP forecasts | Reuters

The Richest 20% earn 64.1% of the income in Brazil vs. 46.4% in the U.S.

Income Distribution richest 20% by country. Definition, graph and map.

The poorest 10% earn .07% of the income in Brazil vs. 2.2% in the United States

Income Distribution poorest 10% (most recent) by country

Approximate 26% of the population of Brazil lives below the poverty level vs. 12% in the United States.

List of countries by percentage of population living in poverty - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Yep. A policy of gouging the Rich with High Taxes certainly helps The Poor.

While The Enviers are patiently waiting for the Bush Tax Cuts to expire, more and more people will be "patiently" waiting for job creation to start while they remain unemployed.

Frankly, I don't have a great deal of concern over what Brazil does in any event. But I certainly take issue with the tone of your point of "gouging" the rich. Do the rich even have that word in their vocabulary?

I personally can't wait til January.. These increased tax bill are going to be really really really awsome! are they knot? :lol:
No DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

:clap2:

That is a nice little fairy tale you believe. Why not raise taxes a 100% because if raising taxes a little did so much good then raising then to full confiscation mode should do wonders.

Heh. We don't have a big screen TV. The last TV we bought was when we moved into our house in the mid 90s. It's a big Sony Trinitron - these things last for a long time. I'm not buying a new TV until it dies.

I didn't realize that keeping something that is still working means that I live in squalor.

I don't have one either, and I suspect a lot of poor people don't. And I wasn't the one who brought up the big screen TV analogy. See Chanel.

Too many people think that all people living at the poverty level, must be gouging the government, all while enjoying all the toys available at Best Buy. It's that kind of generalization that truly pisses me off.

"Hillary Clinton struck a strong populist chord while wading into territory secretary of states rarely go Thursday: Domestic policy.

Clinton went on to cite Brazil, long known for its high taxes, as a model of a successful economic policy.

"Brazil has the highest tax-to-GDP rate in the Western Hemisphere and guess what – they're growing like crazy," Clinton said. "And the rich are getting richer, but they're pulling people out of poverty."

"There is a certain formula there that used to work for us, until we abandoned it, to our regret in my opinion," she added."
Hang-IN there, folks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

He did it twice during war time. Is it true this is the first time in history this was done? Good ol Bush looking out for his buddies. Here is a hint Righty's, trickle down didnt work! The funny thing is, they actually have you defending giving tax cuts to the rich. Amazing! Sheeple.

I personally can't wait til January.. These increased tax bill are going to be really really really awsome! are they knot? :lol:
No DOUBT!!!!!!!!!!

"Not only was the entire national deficit eliminated after raising taxes on the wealthy in 1993, but the economy grew so fast for the remainder of the decade that many conservative economists thought that the Fed should raise the prime interest rate in order to slow it down."

Yeah, that 90's economic boom was 100% about raising taxes.....it had nothing to do with that little internet thing, right:cuckoo:

When your boss's taxes go up......you'll be fired. Enjoy library internet from now on hahahaha!!

You guys are strangly supporting economic policy that nearly took us into a depression before the Democrats and Obama took charge?

:cuckoo:
"conservatives" have a rather-bizarre sense of nostalgia.

They keep voting for Bushes & Corporate America....and, the Dems keep bailin'-us-out.

:eusa_whistle:

Only a mind-numb zombie can't see what's going on.

Everything Obama tries is doomed to failure. Cash for Clunkers is just one of his bright ideas. Most of the benefit went to Toyota.

Let's make a list of where some of that cash went.

Billions went to bailing out GM's union pension plans and health plans.

The next bailout will go to bailing out other union's pension plans.

The Pension Guaranty Trust was broke before Obama even announced his candidacy, and it wasn't established solely to protect union pensions. Can you say Enron? How many non-union people lost everything from their 401K plans and other pension perks?

The bill doesn't cover 401Ks - just UNION PENSIONS - you know, the people who spent hundreds of millions of dollars supporting the Democrats in 2008.

Not true.

PBGC's Guarantees for Single-Employer Pension Plans (PBGC.gov)
PBGC is a federal agency that protects benefits in private-sector, traditional pension plans (also known as defined benefit plans). PBGC takes responsibility as trustee for a single-employer pension plan when the plan runs out of money, when the sponsoring company liquidates and no other company is willing to maintain the plan, or when the sponsoring company demonstrates it cannot remain in business and continue funding the pension plan, among other circumstances.

With regard to 401K's, I don't know how some companies normally treat them, but Enron's 401Ks held their own stock, which is why employees lost everything. Explained here: